Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Lackawanna County; new preemption violation 5/26/2010

I guess I need to go back down there. I was going to post the info of Mr Hart the commissioners assistant so we could hammer him with emails, but I misplaced my note book. They just dont get it. I guess they didnt read the law. I offered to leave a copy of the relevant portion of the UFA and they declined.

Where is the solicitor and why does he have his thumb up his ass?
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Lackawanna County)

Just what the frick is an unlicensed firearm?

OC day, anybody?
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Lackawanna County)

Btw, went to McDade today. The sign was NOT covered as promised.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Lackawanna County)

Bill Davis, Deputy Director/ Parks and Recreation
    Phone: 570-963-6764
    Fax: 570-963-6351
    E-mail: davisw@lackawannacounty.org

Commissioner Michael J. Washo, Chairman
    Phone: 570-963-6800
    Fax: 570-963-6812
    E-Mail: washom@lackawannacounty.org

Commissioner Corey D. O’Brien, Vice-Chairman
    E-mail: cobrien@lackawannacounty.org

Commissioner A. J. Munchak
    E-mail: munchakaj@lackawannacounty.org

Maria Elkins, Chief of Staff
    E-mail: elkinsm@lackawannacounty.org
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Lackawanna County)

Well, their next regular meeting is tomorrow (6/9) at 10AM. Is anyone going? I think they have these meeting at 10AM on purpose, so no one can go. I may leave work for a bit and head over to ask about the new park rules.

(Allegheny County)

Just got Word that the New Ordinance Passed at the Commissioners meeting today. Time FOR THE PAFOAers of LACKAWANNA Co. to STEP UP AND OVERTURN THIS ORDINANCE! FOAC IS WILLING TO HELP!!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Clinton County)

When is the next meeting?

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    Just got Word that the New Ordinance Passed at the Commissioners meeting today. Time FOR THE PAFOAers of LACKAWANNA Co. to STEP UP AND OVERTURN THIS ORDINANCE! FOAC IS WILLING TO HELP!!
    The ordinance was already passed. I went to today's meeting and it was an exercise in futility. I spoke during the public comment period, pointing out the the new rule is illegal.

I read 6120 to them, and told them that, essentially, all firearms in PA are unlicensed. What I got out of them, I think, was that they believe that all "legal" firearms in Pa are licensed. The solicitor told me he talked to the Sheriff's dept. and the AG's office to confirm this. I told him he/they were wrong, to no avail.

Since they believe that all firearms must be licensed, they are only banning "illegal guns". They believe that this new rule is going to stop a felon from carrying in the park. They then sort of brushed me off and moved on.

There was a reporter from the paper there who took my name and number and wants to write a follow-up story on this. I got the impression that he believed I was right.

I'm going to see if this reporter would be willing to meet with me in person to discuss this, so anything you think I should print up to bring to his attention would be helpful. I'm not as knowledgeable as some others on here about all the case law and memos from the AG as such, that I can bring to his attention

I will also be requesting a meeting with at least one of the commissioners in the near future, after I've gathered all the relative info, to go over this. I think what they may want to see from me doesn't exist. I think they would want me to show them a law that says that guns aren't required to be licensed, when really they should be showing me the law that says that guns are required to be licensed.

If anyone would like to tag along on any meetings, or phone calls, that I set up let me know and we can get this taken care of.
    Last edited by HyDef; June 9th, 2010 at 04:41 PM.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by HyDef View Post
    The ordinance was already passed. I went to today's meeting and it was an exercise in futility. I spoke during the public comment period, pointing out the the new rule is illegal.

I read 6120 to them, and told them that, essentially, all firearms in PA are unlicensed. What I got out of them, I think, was that they believe that all "legal" firearms in Pa are licensed. The solicitor told me he talked to the Sheriff's dept. and the AG's office to confirm this. I told him he/they were wrong, to no avail.

Since they believe that all firearms must be licensed, they are only banning "illegal guns". They believe that this new rule is going to stop a felon from carrying in the park. They then sort of brushed me off and moved on.

There was a reporter from the paper there who took my name and number and wants to write a follow-up story on this. I got the impression that he believed I was right.

I'm going to see if this reporter would be willing to meet with me in person to discuss this, so anything you think I should print up to bring to his attention would be helpful. I'm not as knowledgeable as some others on here about all the case law and memos from the AG as such, that I can bring to his attention

I will also be requesting a meeting with at least one of the commissioners in the near future, after I've gathered all the relative info, to go over this. I think what they may want to see from me doesn't exist. I think they would want me to show them a law that says that guns aren't required to be licensed, when really they should be showing me the law that says that guns are required to be licensed.

If anyone would like to tag along on any meetings, or phone calls, that I set up let me know and we can get this taken care of.
    Be careful with the reporter and a follow up story. They have a way of twisting what you say to fit their reality.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Clinton County)

Its unfortunate but by the looks if it legal action may be required.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast