Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Question of the Day: Does there need to be a change in state gun laws?

My wife sent this to me. Was anyone aware of this? also is the guy who commented "DannytheMan" Is this by any chance our Dan P himself?

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2...f077480234.txt

State Rep. Bryan Lentz, D-161, of Swarthmore, introduced legislation yesterday that could close a loophole that allows Pennsylvania residents to carry a firearm even if the state has denied them a “license to carry.”

Lentz's proposal would amend the current carry law that allows residents to carry a firearm through a license or permit issued by another state, regardless of whether Pennsylvania recognizes the right of those state’s residents to carry a gun in the commonwealth.

What do you think? Do we need to make it harder for people to get guns? Should other safeguards be in place?

Let the debate begin:
    Last edited by chaotic; May 26th, 2010 at 01:10 PM. Reason: forgot the URL, MY BAD :)

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Question of the Day: Does there need to be a change in state gun laws?

I can think of a few changes that need to be made....and THAT is not one of them....

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Question of the Day: Does there need to be a change in state gun laws?

This is currently being discussed here: http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...6-offered.html

Myself and others questioned Rep. Lentz in Harrisburg yesterday, and I can assure you he does not understand the true issues here.

Our issuing authorities, especially Philadelphia, have used the character clause to deny people a Pennsylvania license to carry a firearm without any true measure of due process, and he wants to give them the power to nullify our licenses from other states as well.

At his press conference, after my initial question, he asked me if I felt that someone with "9 arrests" should be allowed to carry a firearm, and I simply asked him "was he convicted". Apparently he's not too big on innocent until proven guilty.

This is a dangerous bill, it has cost individual Pennsylvania citizens thousands of dollars to defend against frivolous denials and revocations under the "character" clause. We cannot afford to give the state more power to further the abuses that are occurring.

(Clinton County)

My license to carry:

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic View Post
    My wife sent this to me. Was anyone aware of this? also is the guy who commented "DannytheMan" Is this by any chance our Dan P himself?

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2...f077480234.txt
    dannytheman is dannytheman...danp is danp. I've met both of these members..they're two different men. =P
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    My license to carry:

I actually know someone who carries around a laminated copy of the 2nd amendment in his pocket as says it's his LTCF when someone asks.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    My license to carry:

(Monroe County)

Question of the Day: Does there need to be a change in state gun laws?

Only to the extent that it spells out "the right of the people to bear arms shall not be questioned".

(Bucks County)

No more laws. And Ceasefire PA needs to be sited for promoting illegal activity in PA. They have committed how many misdemeanors in how many municipalities so what does that equal in the law?

Just another criminal ignoring the law for their own agenda.
    Last edited by thefirstndsecond; May 27th, 2010 at 04:25 PM.

Close the loophole? What an arrogant ill-informed dumbass. There is no loophole, states choose to have reciprocity.

In a way though, it might be a good thing, a few anti-gun douche-bags kill the growing reciprocity and law abiding gun owners will be left with no choice but to carry "illegally" all the time when they cross states lines which will inevitably lead us back to the core document that another user so eloquently posted. Maybe we'll be so lucky as to get rid of this entire concealed carry permit nonsense and just make it legal for all non-felons.