Hey all, I am in the process of getting a Florida CCDW permit so that I can carry concealed in DE as I do a lot of business there, but in the meantime, I've found references that state that:
"Handguns may be carried in a in open view without a license (see Possession): in a holster on their person, or in an area in plain view while traveling in a vehicle, such as the dashboard or on the passenger seat.
Handguns may also be stored in an inaccessible area of a vehicle, such as a trunk. Rifles and shotguns must be unloaded while being carried in or on any vehicle..."

My concern however is that I haven't seen the actual law that says this. Anybody know if a source for the DE law similar to what we have here at PAFOA for PA Law reference?

Also, my specific question would be that in my Jeep I have a steel locking center console. I am expecting that this would qualify as an inaccessible area (as long as it's locked)? I think if I got pulled I'd get a better response telling the officer I had a gun in the locked compartment, than him seeing it sitting on the seat in a strapped holster (I drive with the doors off all the time, so there's no way I'm just laying my Sig on the seat!)

Thoughts?