Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default "Excuse me Sir, you're gun is cocked"

Or things you never expect to hear in a HD dealership............

I was out sick today and on the way back from an unsuccessful attempt to see my local doctor I stopped at the dealership where I was in the midst of purchasing a bike. Turns out my timing was perfect and they were ready for me to take it home when I walked in, but I digress.............

As I'm standing at the parts counter going over some last minute additions to the bike I want to make, an older gentleman standing about 5ft away turns and walks towards my strong side. I see him out of the corner of my eye but pay no mind as I'm speaking with the parts manager. Now all of the folks from the owner down at this place know me and know that I regularly have a firearm on my person, usually exposed, and none mind at all......in fact most make jokes about it. I notice the parts manager tense up and just as he's about to say something, the older gentleman loudly says "excuse me sir, your gun is cocked"......I smiled and said "I know, thank you" and that was that. The old fella looked at me a little odd, and walked back to his place at the counter and finished his business. The parts manager later told me that he thought the old guy was going to try and heist my pistol and was preparing to intervene.........I just laughed and told him that as it was in a retention holster (Galco thumb break) I'd have had plenty of opportunity to keep that from happening.

The pistol in question is your run of the mill Colt XSE 1911 if it matters.........

Anyway, even though I felt like crap all day, it was good for a laugh and I also got to bring the new Bones home so all in all I'd call it a good day and a positive encounter since the old guy didn't run off screaming in fear or try to lecture me on firearms safety.
    'The trouble with our liberal friends are not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
    - Ronald Reagan

(Adams County)

Default Re: "Excuse me Sir, you're gun is cocked"

I guess he didn't realize that this is the manner of carry for a 1911. Coincidentally, I was home sick today, also. I couldn't carry, though, since my doctor is in MD. I hope that your boss doesn't see that you called in sick and bought a bike. It works fine if you're your own boss.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(Northampton County)

Actually I'd started the process on Saturday and only picked it up today by chance. Either way, I work for Uncle Sam and have the time on the books so they can't say anything in any case. Went to the doc, waited 2 hours for nothing, stopped on the way home to check on the process and that was that.
    'The trouble with our liberal friends are not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
    - Ronald Reagan

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SlimShady View Post
    Actually I'd started the process on Saturday and only picked it up today by chance. Either way, I work for Uncle Sam and have the time on the books so they can't say anything in any case. Went to the doc, waited 2 hours for nothing, stopped on the way home to check on the process and that was that.
    (bold) And people wonder why our government is so broke.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Northampton County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    (bold) And people wonder why our government is so broke.

Feel free to consume large quantities of defecation and self terminate amigo.......I earn my sick and vacation time and if I choose to take a day of it you and the rest of the morons that have an issue with it will just have to deal with it now won't ya??
    - Ronald Reagan

(Bucks County)

Please Note: The poster was issued a warning for this post.

Feel free to consume large quantities of defecation and self terminate amigo.......I earn my sick and vacation time and if I choose to take a day of it you and the rest of the morons that have an issue with it will just have to deal with it now won't ya??
    You should be real proud of your work ethic, amigo.......

Its called sick time for a reason.

You call in sick, then go to the bike shop. Hope you teach your kids such good work ethics, amigo.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    You should be real proud of your work ethic, amigo.......

Its called sick time for a reason.

You call in sick, then go to the bike shop. Hope you teach your kids such good work ethics, amigo.

Perhaps you missed the part wherein I did go to the doctors office douchebag, or maybe you just can't read that well, either way, feel free to run along and pollute some other thread with your highly evolved work ethic speech as I'm not interested in what you have to say. I work about 2 hours from where I live, by the time I got to the doctors office, sat there for 2 hours and got back home I wouldn't have made it up in time anyway, not that it's really any of your concern.
    - Ronald Reagan

(Montgomery County)

PAFOa at it's finest. Who gives a fuck what he does with his earned time off?

Anyhow, back on topic - kinda. What bike ya getting?

(Bucks County)

Perhaps you missed the part wherein I did go to the doctors office douchebag, or maybe you just can't read that well, either way, feel free to run along and pollute some other thread with your highly evolved work ethic speech as I'm not interested in what you have to say. I work about 2 hours from where I live, by the time I got to the doctors office, sat there for 2 hours and got back home I wouldn't have made it up in time anyway, not that it's really any of your concern.
    LOL, sorry I hit a nerve. Guess truth hurts.

Hope you are feeling better, amigo.......

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    PAFOa at it's finest. Who gives a fuck what he does with his earned time off?

Anyhow, back on topic - kinda. What bike ya getting?
    Traded in a '10 Electra Glide Classic and picked up a lightly used '09 Cross Bones. Wanted something better for local riding that I could still go longer on if I wanted to. Once the seat I ordered comes in for it I'll be set.......and it's not a belly button bike like the Bagger was, so I'll have something at least moderately unique.
    - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast