Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Berks County)

Default Re: "Excuse me Sir, you're gun is cocked"

Glad to see I am not the only one getting the "your gun is cocked" comment.

The good thing is, after an explanation to those not familiar, I usually end up in a conversation about guns with the guy. Once, I was in Walmart, and yacking away with an older gent in the sports department, about 15 minutes went by and his wife storms up..."here you are! I've been looking for you all over!"

Got a good laugh out of that one.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    Glad to see the guy didn't actually try and grab your firearm. That would have been a very bad mistake on his part.
    What if this was a senile man and he did touch or reach out to firearm. Highly improbable, would you have the awareness to retain without knocking him out? This goes to all gun owners. Just food for thought. Can't see something like this happening but that awareness and acknowledging a presence would seem prudent. Just a keep your self aware question, not an insult or attack.
    -Remember the Constitution-

These days, almost everything that the general public knows about firearms comes from TV. Any time somebody pulls a gun on TV, there's the sound of a hammer being cocked... even on Glocks.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    These days, almost everything that the general public knows about firearms comes from TV. Any time somebody pulls a gun on TV, there's the sound of a hammer being cocked... even on Glocks.
    Not only that, but they cock it once when they un-holster it, and cock it again before they shoot the guy. Oh yea and they rack the slide at least three times in between.

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    Not only that, but they cock it once when they un-holster it, and cock it again before they shoot the guy. Oh yea and they rack the slide at least three times in between.
    I'm fond of saying, "Learning about guns from watching prime time television is like learning about space travel from watching a Flash Gordon serial." If you want to get specific, "Learning about firearms and firearms law from watching Law & Order is like learning about space travel from watching Santa Claus Conquers the Martians."
    Last edited by Deanimator; September 7th, 2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: "Excuse me Sir, you're gun is cocked"

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    PAFOa at it's finest. Who gives a fuck what he does with his earned time off?

Anyhow, back on topic - kinda. What bike ya getting?
    So, here i am reading all the infraction earning posts and wondering just how many are going to occur in succession and : 1 you went and broke the line, now we gotta start all over. Thanks for that Mr. Killjoy!, 2 Now I've gone and forgotten what it was I was gonna nail you with next. GREAT! Have a wonderful day!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123