Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default MP5 / UMP Semi Auto alternative

I watched Lethal Weapon 2 last week and now I simply have been haunted at every turn my MP5 / UMP type fire arms. So I looked around and it seems that there is only the fully auto versions of these two. I saw a recommendation for the Bushmaster 9mm Carbine 15, but I'd like the folding stock that their design doesn't allow. And I looked at the USC, but the fixed stock, and poor reviews left me cold.

So is there a 'reasonably priced' MP5 / UMP style 9mm -.45 firearm? I'd love to have something tactical around the house that if I need to shoot an intruder I can be confident that it's not going to continue through the next three houses after it takes him out!

Thoughts?

PS I know I can just keep my pistol at the ready, I'm looking specifically for a short tactical rifle! Thanks!

(Centre County)

Default Re: MP5 / UMP Semi Auto alternative

Scroll down and you will find your answer.

http://www.hdps.org/htm/2-7-1.htm

yes you can own it, no it's not FA, yes it's a SBR. Gotta pay to play though
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Chester County)

Ouch! Powerball here I come!

Thanks for the reply.

(Allegheny County)

WOW that is crazy expensive. there are options for you that will run less.

I believe the cheapest route would be a Keltec Sub2000. It can use glock mags. either chambered in 9mm or 40 sw. Can be bought for approx $300

There are adapters to make a glock into a carbine. I cant think of the name at the moment but they are usually $300

Im sure there are others. But if you want a "tactical" SBR then you might want to look into the TDI Kriss Super V. it is 45 acp, uses glock 21 mags, has 30rd extensions designed by Magpul, and only costs $1800 for Civilian length 16" or SBR is $2000 plus tax stamp.

(Chester County)

Thanks for the input!

What do we think about the Vector Uzi's? I saw that the owner was in some trouble and the web page doesn't seem to work, but it looked like they were well rated... I'm wondering if I could get one of the pistols and put a collapsible stock on it?

Thoughts?

(Centre County)

Being the owner of a vector Uzi they are only built as good as the receiver they are built on. There have been MANY well built ones but there are also some which have had to go back to the shop a few times to get fixed. The company that makes the receivers for NoDak will be coming out with a new manufactured Uzi receiver shortly, it will depress the price of the vectors I feel and may be worth waiting for.

The nice thing about the Uzi is that right now the 32rd magazines are PLENTIFUL and CHEEP! The down side is that they are heavy but I don't feel they are that bad. May want to look for an Mini Uzi if you can find one for the right price.
    Buy a silencer.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(York County)

Surprised noones brought up the Berreta CX4 Storm yet..available in 9 or 45, whatever you prefer. If you are dirt poor you can sell a couple old T-shirts and buy a Hi-Point carbine. Unless you are looking to SBR something, I'd say stick for the short carbine models. It is possible to turn the USC into the UMP, but it will double the cost.

(Allegheny County)

Those HDPS guns look great, but $$. There are cheaper alternatives out there. ar15.com has a pistol-caliber carbine subforum dedicated to the topic; find one and as money permits, get the NFA stamp and SBR it yourself. Heck, start by building you own AR in 9mm.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    The company that makes the receivers for NoDak will be coming out with a new manufactured Uzi receiver shortly, it will depress the price of the vectors I feel and may be worth waiting for.

The nice thing about the Uzi is that right now the 32rd magazines are PLENTIFUL and CHEEP! The down side is that they are heavy but I don't feel they are that bad. May want to look for an Mini Uzi if you can find one for the right price.
    I think I can wait another few months... Are they still on track for 8/2010?

When you say 'right now' the mags are available, do you think that's going to change? Should I grab a few while I wait??

Thanks to all...

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by 229Mick View Post
    I think I can wait another few months... Are they still on track for 8/2010?

When you say 'right now' the mags are available, do you think that's going to change? Should I grab a few while I wait??

Thanks to all...
    I have no involvement with the company so I don't know if they are really on schedule but I have not heard anything that would indicate significant delay.

As for magazines. They could "dry up" any day with out warning so it's a toss of the coin. I've already got enough of the 32 rd mags that I'm not buying any but if I saw 25r's for that price I would jump on them. I've you've got the money and know you're going to go uzi then buy while you can is my suggestion.
    Buy a silencer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast