Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Hanover/York area range day?

Hey PAFOA members. I want to organize a range day in the York county area. Thought it would be a good idea to get to know other members of the group- as well as expand my circle of friends who are interested in firearms, as I seem to be the only one among my friends who actually either owns a firearm or enjoys getting some practice.

If you're from the York county area and want to meet up for a couple hours at the range, let me know. I'm looking at sometime in June, location to be determined.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Hanover/York area range day?

Quote Originally Posted by benc4liberty View Post
    Hey PAFOA members. I want to organize a range day in the York county area. Thought it would be a good idea to get to know other members of the group- as well as expand my circle of friends who are interested in firearms, as I seem to be the only one among my friends who actually either owns a firearm or enjoys getting some practice.

If you're from the York county area and want to meet up for a couple hours at the range, let me know. I'm looking at sometime in June, location to be determined.
    I'm in, especially if I'm not at work...

Did you have a place in mind?
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by benc4liberty View Post

Plus I'll probably go to the State Game Land range on 74 on Wednesday if its not raining. PM me if you'd be interested.

(York County)

I'll say I'm interested, but I must admit I've had to back out of participating in several events lately. Since the economy has been in the tank, my employer is fast approaching critical mass. When they want something, I try to deliver, which usually means weird schedule changes.

There is also a thread here somewhere in an attempt to get folks together for a meal or a meal and a shoot. There is definitely interest, we just need to get our collective act together!

Do you belong to range in the area?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(York County)

I'm interested pending it fits mine, my wifes, and my kids schedule.

I'm at the Dillsburg range a few times a month rwb. What you shooting there usually as I'm familiar with a lot of the regulars there?

I need to get off my butt and join a private range though. Adams County Sport Handgun Association is 5 minutes from me, but initial costs are high for a family to join for what they offer. West Shore Sportsman's Association has more facilites and a better initial price, but it's a 30 minute drive for me, so it's a toss up.

We need a group buy for a range membership, lol.

(York County)

Group buy for membership at a range is a good idea. I'm not a member of, nor do I know much about the ranges in the area, as I haven't been to any of them... haven't been to a range in about a year and a half.

If you can send me the name of the local ranges and/or a contact number, I'm certainly willing to do contact them about a group membership and potential discounts.

I don't really have a place in mind, as I don't know the locations of any ranges around here, other than Freedom Armory's indoor range... thought we could figure out what's most convenient for everyone interested.

I'm in Hanover, but willing to travel to the Dillsburg area - that's where I did the CERT training. Also willing to travel to anywhere within York county.

I'm flexible on scheduling, any time of day, with at least a few days notice.

(York County)

Last I knew, I believe the presidents of both those ranges I mentioned are members on this board here. Josh is the Adams county contact and Ken for the West Shore.

(York County)

I am interested. I am a member of the IWLA, but can only bring one nonmember to the range at a time. I would be interested in meeting up. My schedule opens up for the next couple of months in about two weeks.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steelblitz View Post

I'm at the Dillsburg range a few times a month rwb. What you shooting there usually as I'm familiar with a lot of the regulars there?

I need to get off my butt and join a private range though. Adams County Sport Handgun Association is 5 minutes from me, but initial costs are high for a family to join for what they offer. West Shore Sportsman's Association has more facilites and a better initial price, but it's a 30 minute drive for me, so it's a toss up.

I'm always shooting a Ruger MKIII, because I'm a cheapass. Recently I've been shooting an OD green ported XD9 a lot as well. Pretty unique gun, hard to miss.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steelblitz View Post

i have checked out west shore's web site and i like what i see if anyone does get any information on a group rate plz plz let me know i will definitely go in for sure but if they don't offer one i think I'm going there anyway the family rate was like $80 i believe and that what i need son is getting to the age to start lessons here is their web site
    http://www.westshoresportsmen.org/membership.html

and if not working also in for meet and greet
    Last edited by wizardtho; May 26th, 2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: forgot
    The day we lose our will to fight is the day we lose our freedom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast