Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GLOCK 23

(Philadelphia County)

Default GLOCK 23

OK IM BACK AGAIN, IM FINNA GET A G23 FOR MY DUTY WEAPON..I NEED SOME GOOD FEEDBACK ABOUT IT..SO LET ME HAVE IT YALL
    You r one dumb son of a b!tch, bringina knifetoa gunfight

Default Re: GLOCK 23

Quote Originally Posted by 9_shooter21 View Post
    OK IM BACK AGAIN, IM FINNA GET A G23 FOR MY DUTY WEAPON..I NEED SOME GOOD FEEDBACK ABOUT IT..SO LET ME HAVE IT YALL
    What does "Finna" mean?

(Allegheny County)

Ok, here goes,

While I think that the Glock 23 is an ideal concealed carry gun (can't think of too many better choices) why not get the full size 22 for a duty gun?

Full size grip, longer sight radius (helps for longer/more difficult shots), higher mag capacity, bigger gun helps with ability to control weapon for multiple shots quickly and acurately on target, etc....

Now if your "duty" is primarily plain clothes/concealed carry then I understand completely.

I also understand if you just want one gun for both duty and off-duty roles - the 23 is a good choice for that, but if it is only going to be a uniformed duty gun - get the 22. (You can always get a Glock 27 for a BUG/off-duty gun, more versatility in your armament choices then.)

Just some thoughts - stay safe.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Philadelphia County)

I echo everything orive_8 said. And i will add this.

I have heard more negativity toward Glocks in general than any other gun. They Kb, theydon't work, etc and the list goes on.

In my personal experience, they are utterly reliable, more accurate than they should be (considering the lack of any hand fitting), insanely durable and will take tons of abuse and neglect and continue to function flawlessly. They are compact for however many rounds you wish to carry, and lightweight.

I would not hesitate to stake my life on either of my Glocks, a 23 and a 21.

I feel that Glocks RARELY have problems and most of those are due to user error (bad reloads, etc) I believe there are inevitably REMOTE cases where Glocks have problems and they are few and far between and most likely far fewer and farther between than most any other gun out there.

One of the reasons I DO hear about Glock problems is that there are so many of them in circulation comparatively and because of that you may hear about that rare problem. They reason for their popularity is because they are wonderful guns 99.9999% of the time. In any mass produced item, there are always flaws but I think, for whatever reason, many people demonize all Glocks because they have heard of some rare failure.

There track record and popularity in military and law enforcement speaks for itself.

IC

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 9_shooter21 View Post
    It would probably serve you better to stop using caps lock all of the time and ask for objective opinions, not just the good feedback. That is kind of like asking to only hear agreeing positions on a topic. Next time, spend a little more time writing the first post in a thread and you will encourage a better exchange of information.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

The duty weapon should be the biggest and heaviest firearm that comfortably fits in the duty ensemble. Anything smaller is a compromise based on comfort and loss of practical accuracy. My agency issues the SIG 220 in .45 and realistically speaking it is a good all around duty weapon but I would prefer more ammunition capacity.

The items you carry on your person is all you bring to the fight as it starts. Keep in mind that the shotgun or rifle are a long walk back to the car after the world is on fire. The critical element in all of this is will you have such an overwhelming starting point that success is assured for every encounter?

Motto: Too much is not enough. Never go to gas station demanding that some fuel be drained!

(Lebanon County)

I'll admit....I'm one of those that talk down the Glock's just because of my personal experience with then. The overall angle just does not fit well in my hand thus not making it an effective weapon for me personally. That and I think they cost too damn much. But again...just my opinion!

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    It would probably serve you better to stop using caps lock all of the time and ask for objective opinions, not just the good feedback. That is kind of like asking to only hear agreeing positions on a topic. Next time, spend a little more time writing the first post in a thread and you will encourage a better exchange of information.
    I think he meant a GOOD amount of feedback, positive and negative.

But I agree, go for the Glock 22 if you want a .40 Glock for duty. To me my 23 is a little too large to comfortable and easily concealable but maybe too small to be optimal for duty carry.

+1 for Finna, I say that all the time

(Allegheny County)

I'd say G22 for on duty. I'm also of the opinion that the duty sidearm should be the fullsize platform unless otherwise needed, I.E. plain clothes details, etc. I find the G19/23 perfect for daily use now, but if I were going back on duty tomorrow, I'd pick up a 17/22 in a heartbeat.

I think the Glock 23 would make a great duty weapon not to say there are not better choices but it is one of the better ones. And as mentioned if is to be your duty and off duty weapon it is a prime choice for this doublle duty. I find the G23 to be just accuarate as a full size gun inside 30 yards. Its a very controllable and accurate little .40 cal and really its not that little its a Compact not a sub Compact almost as big as my Commander.

If you want one gun to cover both bases on duty and off the G23 is a good choice large enough to comfortably fire accurately and small enough to conceal if you are medium to large framed.

Like most Glocks they are easy to maintenance, very reliable, durable and accurate enough.
    Last edited by Neko456; May 27th, 2010 at 01:20 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast