Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Question Super Sniper scopes?

Anyone have/tried a Super Sniper scope (http://www.riflescopes.com/departmen...fle_scopes.htm )? They seem to be a pretty good quality for the money. I'm new to guns (bought my first handgun a few months ago), so right now I'm planning to get a .22 in a couple weeks (probably the 10/22) and eventually a AR-15 carbine. I'd like to get a good scope that would work with both guns, but I don't know that either of these weapons would have the accuracy to make a high magnification optic worthwhile. Maybe an EOTech or ACOG would be a better investment? Would they work on both guns?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Super Sniper scopes?

Had one, had a couple come through.

IMHO, for that class of scope, you'd be better served by a Bushnell Elite.
    Clearer, brighter, and probably as or nearly as durable.

Of course there is other similar price scopes from Leupold, Burris, Nikon, etc.

I was simply not impressed with the SS and sold it. YMMV

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Schuylkill County)

i had one but got rid of it and went to the Leupold tactical instead... but yeah the bushnell elite's or even the nikon ewwww would be a better choice. IMHO

For $300 you get a lot of scope for the money. I've owned a few and now only have a SS16X. I like the SS because it comes with the 30mm tube which allows more light transmission. FYI, the 30mm tubes cost more when you are choosing a scope.

A fixed scope is not ideal for rimfires like the 10/22. I'd go with a variable power. I like the Nikon Buckmaster series in the 4.5x14 mil dot version with SF (side focus). If you want to swap the scope on an AR15 and the 10/22, I highly recommend buying a good scope mount...Larue comes to mind...sure it will cost you $195 for the mount, but if you are going to use it on multiple firearms, it's worth the price.

If you want to spend roughly $200, I'd go with the Mueller scopes. Especially if you get one of their illuminated models.

With optics you can go cheap or you can go broke when purchasing optics. I wouldn't buy cheap because they will end up breaking on you when you need them the most. If you can afford it, I'd at least spend $300 and up for optics.

The Bushnell 10X mild dot is a nice scope...it has a 1" tube it's it's a fixed 10x power scope. For a dedicated rifle fixed scopes offer a good value, but when you start thinking about using one scope for multiple weapons...I'd advise to go with a variable scope.

(Montgomery County)

I have a SS20x and have it mounted on my Serbu 50 BMG rifle.

so far, it hasn't givenup the ghost...I probably have 600-700 shots of full power ammo thru it.

it's held up pretty good so far.

check the set screws on the turret knobs once in awhile, mine have shot loose now and then, but its rare.

others have had them self destruct, reticle turn sideways, get black specks all over the interior, etc, but so far, mine has held up.

if it dies, i'm going Leupold MK4LR
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Had one, had a couple come through.

IMHO, for that class of scope, you'd be better served by a Bushnell Elite.
    Clearer, brighter, and probably as or nearly as durable.

Of course there is other similar price scopes from Leupold, Burris, Nikon, etc.

I was simply not impressed with the SS and sold it. YMMV
    A friend and I compared a Super Sniper 10x and a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x, both on AR-10s. The scopes were very similar in optics, clarity and brightness. We didn't "make boxes" or anything like that but both scopes sighted in very easy and hold their zero well. Making out small targets at 300 yds (and hitting them) were about equal with both.

The SS had the advantage of lens hoods, I don't believe any (except universal) are available for the Elite

The Bushnell was exactly half the price of the SS.
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

(York County)

Thumbs up Re: Super Sniper scopes?

For the past four years I have used a SS10X42M on my FN PBR .308. I also have a SS20X42 on my Armalite AR50, .50 BMG. Both scopes are held in place with Badger Ordnance 30mm Scope Rings. My .308 gets dragged through the mud and abused fairly often. My .50BMG is mostly just a bench shooter. Neither have lost a zero or crapped out on me. I am very happy with the way they performed.

"For those who have fought for it, Freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."
    -Author Unknown

Life Member NRA
    Life Member VFW
    Life Member 2nd U.S. Cavalry Association
    Life Member, Order Of The Spur - Golden Spur Holder

I have heard alot of good things about the Super Sniper scopes, and that they're pretty rugged. I haven't ever used the Bushnell Elite 3200, but I have used the slightly more expensive Bushnell Elite 4200, and I can say that the optics are VERY clear. The scopes are quite tough, and I'm gonna put an Elite 4200 on the new long distance rifle that I'm currently building. I personally can't use fixed power rifle scopes too much, just because of the different uses that I have. Many times I'm hunting in different lights or different distances, and will need various magnifications. If you will be shooting at known distances, or the fixed power suits those distances, then I'm sure it'll keep you happy. If you will be shooting at close and far distances, then a fixed power scope might not be what you want. One nice thing about fixed power scopes is that they have less moving parts to break, and typically have a better front element, because they have less lenses than a variable power scope. Hope this helps with your decision, but I've heard that they're pretty good scopes.

(Berks County)

Here's the scope you want!

Newcon Optik Ltd. has been designing and producing state of the art optical systems since 1991. Their commitment to high quality and customer satisfaction has established them as one of the leading names worldwide. They produce image intensifiers and optical components in house, enabling them to produce sophisticated systems that meet international and military specifications. Innovative concepts built around cutting edge technology with a guarantee of customer satisfaction have made Newcon Optik an internationally recognized market leader in tactical and sporting optics.

The NVS 10 MG is a unique type of day and night vision riflescope. Day or night use is enabled by simply flipping a lever. Now there is no need to carry two scopes or two eyepieces to cover your needs in unknown lighting conditions. This means less weight and bulk, no down time for swapping out scopes, and no time lost or missed shots from losing zero. The enormous objective lens offers a brilliant sight picture due to its spectacular light gathering capabilities while the 4x objective provides an excellent wide field of view. The high performance third generation intensifier tube delivers edge to edge sharpness and clarity, even in low or no-light conditions. While the design of this scope is rugged, and durable, it was engineered for 5.56 and 7.62mm assault rifles with lower recoil. The NVS 10 MG is dependable, accurate and versatile, it's a true 24/7-365 weapon sight.

There are many different variables that effect the distance that one can see with a night vision device, among them the object's size, the level of details being sought from the object and the conditions of observation. Night vision devices detect much further under a full moon and clear skies than they will under a new moon and cloudy skies. Many different formulas are used to determine the statistic of maximum viewing range and this varies by manufacturer, so ultimately the generation of the intensifier tube is much more relevant than any quoted statistic when determining the maximum viewing range.

All night vision devices sold by B&H have mechanisms in place to protect the intensifier tube from a sudden burst of bright light, but this does not mean that bright light doesn't damage the device. Bright light in any form is not good for the longevity and performance of image intensifier tubes.

Key Features

• Automatic brightness protection

• Picatinny & Weaver rail compatible

• 0.7 MOA internal precision adjustments

• Illuminated ballistic reticle with adjustable brightness

• Day and Night Vision Capable
    Switch from day to night vision by simply flipping a lever

• Third generation intensifier tube with a specified resolution of 57 lp/mm

Attached Images Attached Images
    CZ75 P-01 & Colt AR-15 6920

Not bashing, but isn't Newcon a Chinese product. I have used Chinese products in the past, but read a bunch of people having issues with the Newcon range finders...the entry level models I am assuming. I see from your post that Newcon has some very high end electronics as well. Which would concern me as a consumer because their high end stuff might be good, but if people have issues with their lower end products...what does that say for the consumer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast