Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default WTB: Ruger Speed six

Wanted to purchase a Ruger speed six. Preferably in stainless steel. With 2 3/4" barrel.

I don't want a safe queen....I want a shooter.

Please let me know if you have one you would like to sell at a fair price or if you know of a shop/dealer that has one for sale.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dreadnought; October 3rd, 2007 at 01:36 AM.

Default Re: WTB: Ruger Speed six

Speed Six, Police Six and Security Six are still there some where, I just purchased a Security Six for $275 my self. Although at first look, one would say a SP101 might have been the same, they are not. Nor is the Gp100. They work the same, look the same, but the older guns where built stronger.

That being said, they where often "detective" guns and BUG. Prefered by the police because at the time, they where so very similar to the guns they used. This is why the best way to find one is to find the place around you that "Liquidates" the police guns.

Each police station deals with a FFL, they buy and sell through them. When a station de-commisioins a gun, they usually give the option to the officers who carry them to buy it out. (same is true of the harleys BTW)
    Then after they buyout period, they will exchange them to the FFL on the new guns. It is not unusual for the officers to know where this takes place and later re-sell the gun through this FFL.

You can search the web, but they usually melt away faster then ice on a hot summer day at 95 Degrees. THe place I found mine was Allegheny River Arsenal Incorporated they had the Security Six right next to a new SP101 and some one was just coming in to sell an other 101 at the time hoping to get the Security Six.

As i had just bought mine, he came too late... Or maybe not, because the clerk there took down his info and said I will call you back shortly.

THe FFl dealers who liquidate police firearms seem to know where "other" police guns are, and how to get them fairly quickly.

The Security Six I got was very clean, I would go as far as to say, the cylinder had never been taken off the crane. So not only are there still some of those guns out there, but as they where mainly "detective" and BUG, they are generally pretty clean too.

Have a good hunt.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly