(Montgomery County)

Default Jenkintown: Lost Or Stolen Proposed

http://pa.mypublicnotices.com/Public...e&AdId=1915876

NOTICE
    JENKINTOWN
    BOROUGH
    The JENKINTOWN
    BOROUGH COUNCIL
    will take action on the following Ordinance at its regularly scheduled meeting on June 7, 2010, at 7:30 p.m., to be held at the Borough Building, 700 Summit Avenue, Jenkintown, PA and will hold a public hearing on and will consider for adoption, an ordinance to amend the Code of the Borough of Jenkintown to enact Article II, Chapter 106 entitled "Lost or Stolen Gun Ordinance."
    The Ordinance to be considered and acted upon is the following: AN ORDINANCE
    ENACTING CHAPTER 106 ENTITLED "LOST OR STOLEN GUN
    ORDINANCE"
    Jenkintown Borough, in the exercise of its lawful powers, is vested with the power to amend the Borough Code at any time it deems proper. The proposed Ordinance to be considered and acted upon on June 7, 2010, has been drafted to enact Chapter 106 entitled "Lost or Stolen Gun Ordinance" under Article II of the Code.
    The proposed Ordinance, which has been drafted for the health, welfare and safety of the citizens of the Borough provides for the conduct required for persons who have lost a firearm or have had a firearm stolen and outlines the enforcement and penalties for violations.
    The full text of the proposed Ordinance may be examined by any citizen in the Office of the Manager of Jenkintown Borough located at 700 Summit Avenue, Jenkintown, PA 19046, Monday
    through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Jenkintown: Lost Or Stolen Proposed

I prefer 'Jerkintown' .
    I support Gerald Ung - http://theungfund.org/

(Berks County)

Looks like it passed:

http://www.montgomerynews.com/articl...7452906603.txt

Council OKs measure for lost or stolen guns

Published: Wednesday, June 09, 2010
    By Kaitlyn Foti
    Staff Writer

Jenkintown’s borough council voted unanimously to ensure lost or stolen handguns are reported promptly to police Monday night.

“This is one of the most important things we can do to make a statement and take a stand on one of the most important issues facing Pennsylvania right now,” said Councilman Michael Golden.

Council voted on a “Lost or Stolen Gun” ordinance, which requires that residents who have lost a firearm, or have had a firearm stolen report the loss to the Jenkintown Police Department within 72 hours. The ordinance states that those who fail to notify police of a lost or stolen gun will be fined $600.

“This is designed to target those who own and traffic guns illegally. Seven states have adopted this ordinance and have seen a two-thirds reduction in crime guns traced to within their borders,” said council President Sandra Goldman.

Council also voted unanimously on a resolution to encourage the Pennsylvania General Assembly to pass a statewide law that requires reporting of lost or stolen handguns.

According to Goldman, 32 communities within the commonwealth have passed such ordinances, and public safety officials throughout Pennsylvania have endorsed such a law.

“This is about taking a stand, and building on it,” Goldman said.

Also at the meeting, council announced that a public hearing for the new zoning code for the borough will take place June 21, 7 p.m., at Borough Hall.

Chairwoman of the building, zoning and revitalization committee Deborra Pancoe said the public’s questions and comments on the code are sought before the code goes to vote at the July 12 borough council meeting.
    *sigh*

(Bucks County)

well,

If we had people making a living going around and trying to make people understand gun rights we would be doing better.

I know I would love a job like that. Don't know how good I would be as I am not a lawyer, but something needs ot be done.

All I know is every one of those places is in violation and should be held accountable.

They are bypassing our current legislation to now following the correct way a law is supposed to be put into action.

How can this not be a crime? I know I have heard because no one has been harmed yet? Well there will be a day, and when that day comes... Look out man...