Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default MasterPiece Arms MPA30T-A

I'm gonna be getting one soon and I gots a few questions. Do they jam up alot?

Where can I buy cheap mags and are they just the sten mags?

What about the fake cans for them, are they legal and is their anywhere I can buy them cheap. I don't really know what to call them to google them.

https://www.masterpiecearms.com/prod...?prod=MPA30T-A

Any other comments would be helpful

Oh yeah and I saw a foregrip that was underneathe the barrel, are those legal and any idea where I can find one. Has anyone ever played with one, is it useful or useless?

(York County)

Default Re: MasterPiece Arms MPA30T-A

I had one for awhile...it will jam alot with wwb and other weaker loads untill it has a good couple hundred rounds through it. It wont have any problems with +P ammunition. As for the mags they use slightly moded sten for the
    9mm and slightly moded greasegun for the 45. the vertical foregrip is illegal as far as i know as it would be considered a AOW (correct me if i'm wrong) and the fake cans are legal and can make bump firing much easier.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbronwen16 View Post
    I had one for awhile...it will jam alot with wwb and other weaker loads untill it has a good couple hundred rounds through it. It wont have any problems with +P ammunition. As for the mags they use slightly moded sten for the
    9mm and slightly moded greasegun for the 45. the vertical foregrip is illegal as far as i know as it would be considered a AOW (correct me if i'm wrong) and the fake cans are legal and can make bump firing much easier.
    whats aow mean

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    whats aow mean
    Any Other Weapon. Basically where a weapon falls when it doesn't have any other classification. (Like a pistol with a foregrip.)

AOW is an acronym standing for the phrase “Any Other Weapon.” This term was developed by the B.A.T.F. in the NFA (National Firearms Act) to describe any firearm that is not explicitly addressed. Some of the more common weapons considered to be AOW include cane guns and pen guns. However, AOW also includes firearms such as smooth bore pistols and revolvers that fire shotgun shells and have barrels less than 18 inches long. The taxes involved with transferring AOW weapons are also different. Unlike most NFA weapons, which require a $200 transfer fee, AOW weapons cost only $5 to transfer.
    Last edited by rwb1500; May 24th, 2010 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Any Other Weapon. Basically where a weapon falls when it doesn't have any other classification. (Like a pistol with a foregrip.)

AOW is an acronym standing for the phrase “Any Other Weapon.” This term was developed by the B.A.T.F. in the NFA (National Firearms Act) to describe any firearm that is not explicitly addressed. Some of the more common weapons considered to be AOW include cane guns and pen guns. However, AOW also includes firearms such as smooth bore pistols and revolvers that fire shotgun shells and have barrels less than 18 inches long. The taxes involved with transferring AOW weapons are also different. Unlike most NFA weapons, which require a $200 transfer fee, AOW weapons cost only $5 to transfer.
    How come the judge isn't a NFA item then? I see people with like a lanyard under the barrel...how legal is that?

(York County)

Because the judge has a rifled barrel.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbronwen16 View Post
    Because the judge has a rifled barrel.
    Correctamundo! Making it a pistol, not a smoothbore revolver. Its all in the details.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Philadelphia County)

Atlanticfirearms.com is the cheapest for these I believe I bought one of there $599 ar-15's for my brother for his birthday good company..also good add on site is http://www.aaaammoandarms.com/9mm-accessories.html
    Last edited by stopphillysmrdrrate; May 27th, 2010 at 01:14 AM.

(York County)

If it ends up jamming alot, try switching to a different ammo. Either a steel cased ammo, or just different brands of brass cased. My friend has a VMAC .45 that doesn't like particular brands of ammo(winchester white box in particular), but with the right ammo will run all day long with no hiccups and it's been like that since he bought it new.

I in general don't care for win white box. But to each his own.

And the fake can is kinda dumb. But all IMO.

www.usmachinegun.com has had the most MAC and related parts I've found.
    Last edited by khankewycz; May 27th, 2010 at 12:59 PM.