Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Stabbing close to home

St.Marys Daily Press
    The St. Marys City Police reported investigating a homicide that occurred on Robin Rd. on Saturday, June 12, between 10:30 and 11:45 a.m.
    Police report that Clayton R. Lecker, 50, died as a result of injuries he received during the incident.

The subject of interest has been identified and the investigation is continuing. Police were assisted at the scene by the Elk County District Attorney, the Pennsylvania State Police Forensic Unit and Criminal Investigators, the Elk County Coroner, the St. Marys Area Ambulance Service and the Crystal Fire Department Fire Police.

Authorities did not reveal whether or not the suspect in question has been apprehended or remains at large.

St. Marys Chief of Police Todd Caltagarone said additional information on the crime will be released in the near future
    Now I live 3 houses away from where this took place. Since it is a small town word gets around quick. The perp was reportedly a bit mental from what I have been told. After the stabbing, he reportedly went to a friends house covered in blood and was later apprehended at the St.Marys hospital. Now I have heard a few different reasons why the murder took place, but none have been confirmed.

Both were neighbors of mine, but I only knew the victim and his sons. He was stabbed to death in his own garage. It is a sad event in such a small humble town. Just goes to show anything can happen anywhere at any time. This is a big reason why I choose to carry.

Stay alert and stay safe. I will keep you up to date when info comes in.
    ΑΣΦ

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Stabbing close to home

oh boy what a bummer? Killed in your own garage?

I'm with you though of always being armed, sometimes people say it is so uncomfortable carrying around a gun with you all the time, but i always remember what Clint Smith said quote: " a gun is supposed to COMFORTING not comfortable" so true. You never know where danger will strike.

Nymab

(Elk County)

Default Re: Stabbing close to home

It has been pretty wild over the last couple months around here. I am with you Adam, I carry just about all of the time. Well except work, because we aren't even allowed to have a firearm in the parking lot. This morning on the radio they said they have a person of interest, but no arrest, so the person is still out there I guess.