Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: taurus 1911

(Washington County)

Default taurus 1911

just got one of these with a rail stainless finish anybody else have 1 like or dislike? seems pretty decent was used

Default Re: taurus 1911

John I have one for about 2 months now and I love it. I have no dislikes so far. Mine is the blued version without the rail and Heinie straight eight night sights. If I were to change anything I would put a non-ambi safety but it hasn't really bothered me yet so I'm going to leave it. Great gun very reliable I had 2 FTF with my reloads for my G21 but I think they were long I am going to seat my bullets deeper and try it again, but factory ammo it ate everything I fed it. Love it!

I've had a blued version one for two years now. Bought it new at the Harrisburg June gun show for $469.00

For 1911's I'm a SA man but kept reading good things about the Taurus. I finally handled one and liked it. I brushed it off for a while but it just kept coming back into my head. I saw the one at the show, picked it up, put it down. Walked away, came back. Finally bought it with 15 minutes before closing.

I've had no trouble with mine. It's been reliable and it is scary accurate. It shoots well, handles well and the custom work that is featured on it for the price is really great. I paid more for my SA Mil-Spec and it's not as nice of a gun.

I've owned and/or shot dozens of 1911's in all types of situations and environments. My PT1911 has been fine. Opinions vary and every company has a quality issue now and then, but the Taurus=poor quality crap gets old. I've had a few Taurus handguns and never had any issues with them. A few years ago I shot with some friends who had Dan Wesson and Kimber. The Wesson was really nice and shot well. My Taurus shot well and I kicked their asses in accuracy (probably more me than the pistol b/c I shot theirs better than they did also) and my friend with the Kimber had numerous malfunctions. His Kimber cost about 500 bucks more than my Taurus and it sucked. That doesn't make Kimber junk. Ruger has had recalls, Glock has had issues. Both of which I've owned. My Ruger P90 was always having one issue or another and I'd never part with my Glocks. They are hands down the best pistols I've ever owned.

Shoot your Taurus with confidence and congratulations on your purchase.
    Adapt, Adjust and Overcome.

(York County)

i will say that taurus overall makes decent guns. i have heard way too many horror stories about their customer service to ever buy one personally

(Schuylkill County)

i just saw a new one out of the box at the range the other day the guy bought it shot about 200 rounds out of it and put it away.... he said he just picked it up... it seemed to work well

all i heard was shootin.... no cursin'

(Philadelphia County)

I love 1911's. I hate 1911's with rails. It just turns me off lol. I also hate 1911's that are sub compact i.e. Kimber Ultra size. I think its the whole mistique of what a 1911 is that makes me reject tiny ones or railed ones. Oh well lol...

I'm with you FCRP, I don't like the rails at all they don't belong there. But the compacts I do like.

(Centre County)

I like the railed 1911. if my dealer ever gets one of the Taurus railed 1911, I'd buy it in heartbeat...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Lawrence County)

I've shot several Taurus 1911's. They all shot well and all of them had decent trigger parts. 3lb triggers with stock parts were and some spring changes were commonplace. Unless you are going up to sem-custom guns, it would be hard to argue a reason to upgrade.

Change the grips, though. The plastic one's are thin and can crack.

LycanI'dbuyonethrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Chester County)

I have had great luck so far with my stainless one - Bruce

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast