Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Philadelphia L&I for Firearms

I am writing this because it bothers me that the Philadelphia L&I Gun unit website changes frequently and it is very hard to stay on top of documents and information.

You would think the police department would provide easy access to information regarding lawful information about firearms, I am finding this is not the case.

They did make it so we can download the application; however the sheet they give you when you obtain your LTCF is not able to be downloaded.

The sheet specifically states things about the city, their interpretation of the laws, what to do what not to do.. get my drift.

http://www.phillypolice.com/forms

Anyway above is the current link to the application.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Philadelphia L&I for Firearms

My Email to the Police Commissioner:

Dear Police Commissioner,

I would like to respectfully request you to improve The Police Department's website by inducing the links to the gun unit and making it easier to obtain information about the laws regarding firearms in the City of Philadelphia.

People coming to the website for information are not going to be criminals sir and to have a good resource pertaining to the law and regulation about firearms would benefit the citizens of this good city.

Having a complete link with the Gun Unit Information, license information, any special regulations pertaining to the City of Philadelphia, would benefit everyone, after all it is not the legal gun owners you are after, just the criminals. The ease of use for the website will increase accurate information flow, increase awareness, and help to educate the fine upstanding gun owners of this City.

You may also want to include a Link for the Eddie The Eagle Program which helps educate the youth about what to do if they incidentally come across a firearm. Education is the key sir, and proper gun safety saves lives.

Thank you,
    WXYZ

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    I am writing this because it bothers me that the Philadelphia L&I Gun unit website changes frequently and it is very hard to stay on top of documents and information.

You would think the police department would provide easy access to information regarding lawful information about firearms, I am finding this is not the case.

They did make it so we can download the application; however the sheet they give you when you obtain your LTCF is not able to be downloaded.

The sheet specifically states things about the city, their interpretation of the laws, what to do what not to do.. get my drift.

http://www.phillypolice.com/forms

Anyway above is the current link to the application.
    The mayor and the commissioner both do not want anyone to own firearms, let alone carry them. Anyway the ccw form must be filled out at the bureau so no sense in trying to find it out.

(Bucks County)

Anyway the ccw form must be filled out at the bureau so no sense in trying to find it out.
    Since when?

You can fill out the forms at home.

The link in my post allows you to down load the form.

I already have my LTCF, PA doesn't have a CCW.

What I was talking about was how they have hidden the contact information for the gun unit.

I believe the Gun Unit is now under William Blackburn. I do not know if it is still L&I.

(Bucks County)

I think about the only thing Philly gets right in the whole process is the cost.

(Bucks County)

my gf doesn't want to deal with philly's bullcrap... she just took a training class so she can get a florida ccw... she will get her pa ltcf once she moves to bucks or montgomery county.
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

(Lehigh County)

I am not a lawyer.

However, it is my understanding that some of the things they tell you (and have on that sheet) aren't really lawful.

Please feel free to correct me, but my sheet told me I was bound to inform officers that I am carrying. I MAY BE INCORRECT - (because I am not a lawyer, and Philadelphia seems to interpret the laws how it likes), but that simply isn't so.

They also inform you that having a weapon stolen is grounds for revocation. Again, I see no provision in the law that allows for disarming the victim of a crime.

Frankly, I wonder what good is the access status of incorrect information?

Finally, if you do need a copy of that, I would be happy to scan mine and email it to you.

-L.

BTW...it was good meeting you the other day!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by govmule84 View Post
    I am not a lawyer.

However, it is my understanding that some of the things they tell you (and have on that sheet) aren't really lawful.

Please feel free to correct me, but my sheet told me I was bound to inform officers that I am carrying. I MAY BE INCORRECT - (because I am not a lawyer, and Philadelphia seems to interpret the laws how it likes), but that simply isn't so.

They also inform you that having a weapon stolen is grounds for revocation. Again, I see no provision in the law that allows for disarming the victim of a crime.

Frankly, I wonder what good is the access status of incorrect information?

Finally, if you do need a copy of that, I would be happy to scan mine and email it to you.

-L.

BTW...it was good meeting you the other day!
    more reasons why my gf is not going to get her pa ltcf while living in philly... she will legally carry on her florida ccw and philly cant do jack shit to revoke it unless she commits a crime (aint happening) and florida revokes it

(Bucks County)

Yea, I was just surprised they do not make it available on line if they see it as that important.

I check back once in a while to the police website to see if there are any changes.

It started when I was asked to report an accident on the BLVD (soldier in a vehicle was rear ended and his glasses flew off, he asked me to call it in, I never saw who rear ended the vehicle though or heard the crash??) and I was told by the 911 operator they change the way accidents are being handled in Philadelphia.. so one thing led to another and I ended up searching for the Gun Permit Unit.... so I posted what I found and didn't find.

I can't wait to move out of the city.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Yea, I was just surprised they do not make it available on line if they see it as that important.

I check back once in a while to the police website to see if there are any changes.

It started when I was asked to report an accident on the BLVD (soldier in a vehicle was rear ended and his glasses flew off, he asked me to call it in, I never saw who rear ended the vehicle though or heard the crash??) and I was told by the 911 operator they change the way accidents are being handled in Philadelphia.. so one thing led to another and I ended up searching for the Gun Permit Unit.... so I posted what I found and didn't find.

I can't wait to move out of the city.
    bucks county welcomes you... when you renew your ltcf, there are 3 locations... doylestown you get ur ltcf in less than an hour, and in perkasie and levittown, takes 4 days (inter office mailing time i guess)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast