Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Pittsburgh - looking for a good place to buy

I haven't bought a gun on my own yet (just hand-me-downs) and was curious if there is a good shop / range to go where I could test out and choose a handgun? Any input would be appreciated.

Default Re: Pittsburgh - looking for a good place to buy

About the only place you can "try" before you buy any more is Anthony's on the south side, Mt Lebanon Centruy lll area. As fro buying them, there are tons of places, I have bought most of my guns in different stores.
    Good places includeing the warehouse type stores are generally helpful in your purchase, if you know what you are looking for a head of time, you can some times call ahead to see if its in inventory.
    I personally go to Sportsmans Warehouse Mt Nebo because they have great service. Last purchase was at Allegheny River Asrsenals, (security Six 2 3/4 $257 and a .357 lever marlin $150) I also have bought at R&D when they where opened, (last time we went they was closed!) and Sportsmans Supplies in Buttler (cant beat the conversations there). Went to Neville Island once, looked around, might have been a bad day, but seems the kids there where hardly old enough to be there. Mind you school is in now, so it could be better.

Pending what area of Allegheny you are in, there are probably 5 stores within 20 miles of you. Also depends what you are looking for.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Thanks! I actaully know right where Anthony's is. I live on the South Side, but am from Mt. Lebanon so It's not too bad to get to.

thanks again

If you make the shoot at PMSC second sunday of the month, you will probably find more gun selling places around the Pittsburgh area then need, most shooters there know about more "gun" shops then they kow about Dunkin Donut shops.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

DockEllisExperience, Welcome to the forum.
    Here's a link to a thread about shops around the area.
    Read thru it and check out the links to another thread about shops in Pittsburgh as well as links to some gun shops.

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/allegheny...ny-county.html

Happy "hunting"!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Thanks again

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DockEllisExperience View Post
    Thanks! I actaully know right where Anthony's is. I live on the South Side, but am from Mt. Lebanon so It's not too bad to get to.

thanks again
    Unless it is 5:00ish during the week. Then it is a nightmare!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DockEllisExperience View Post

thanks again
    DEE, welcome to the forum. I'm a Bridgeville guy.

If you are originally from Mt Lebo, you might also check out Federal Firearms on Thoms run road.

I think some of your best prices are going to be online but you can't hold the piece you want. Frenchy's suggestion to go to a group shoot is a good idea.

Post what guns you are interested in. If anyone has the model you want to see, they will be happy to bring it for you to check out and shoot.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

Is Firearms Unlimited still open? Even though I live in Greentree City, I don't get by there very often.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 41 Redhawk View Post

Is Firearms Unlimited still open? Even though I live in Greentree City, I don't get by there very often.

41, You know, I'm not 100% sure.

I haven't been in there for about a year and don't know what the owners legal status is.

I called there for some .50BMG prices before the last Pafoa group shoot and got a price so figure 5 or 6 weeks ago it was open.

I'll stop by this weekend around honeydo stuff just to see if they are giving away anything .

Edit. The ER Shaw gunshop looks like some progress is being made on the parking lot but the inside still looks like almost nothing is going on unless they are working in the area you can't see into.

Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.