Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default How do I restore my gun rights?

I am a convicted felon. I have not comitted any crime in about 16 years, I am now a licenced RN in Florida and have completely changed my entire life. I was convicted of Burglary, crimnal mischief, criminal conspiracy. Can I ever get my right to own a firearm back? I have read the codes and laws but I dont know what I need to do. Help!

Default Re: How do I restore my gun rights?

First...I'm glad you made yourself whole again, that in itself is a commendable feat. I hope your quest is successful.

As for your right being restored, your almost for sure going to need a lawyer. A Govenor's Pardon is probably your best bet. Since your in Florida there will be differing hurdles to pass than in PA. From what I understand, you have an uphill battle to fight. Start with a lawyer's consultation and go from there. Seek a lawyer who has experience with this issue. I wish you the best of luck and please keep us updated on your progress.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Jefferson County)

It will depend on which state(s) you were convicted in.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

I had my rights restored and I was convicted three times of crimes that would have resulted in the loss of my rights. I am Gay and the Police made it clear that I had better plea guilty or they would out me to my family.

Get a good lawyer first. Tell him everything good or bad and why you want/need to have your rights restored.

To everyone else, the reason you need your pardon and your expungment is because you have turned your life around and have gone back to school. And that your new career as a nurse is at risk because of your record.

DO NOT MENTION GUNS!!!!! Do not bring them up. Do not even say the word "Guns". Do tell your lawyer of your interest in guns so he does not get blind-sided.

you can have the charges expunged or even have them sealed, but you will need a good lawyer to have this done. Try this cat, he is highly recommended:

http://www.carlsonmeissner.com/our-t...-hayslett.aspx

(Jefferson County)

In PA for a conviction you must get a pardon first before you can get the expungement.

You must also file for pardons and/or expungements in the states in which the judicial proceedings took place.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!