Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Exclamation Pennsylvania: Castle Doctrine Self-Defense Bill to be Considered on Tuesday, May 25!

On Tuesday, May 25, the House Judiciary Committee will consider House Bill 40.

HB40, sponsored by State Representative Scott Perry (R-92), would permit law-abiding citizens to use force, including deadly force, against an attacker in their homes and any places outside of their home where they have a legal right to be. It is clearly stated that there would be no “duty to retreat” from an attacker, allowing law-abiding citizens to stand their ground to protect themselves and their family. HB40 would also protect individuals from civil lawsuits by the attacker or the attacker’s family when force is used. Please contact the members of the House Judiciary Committee and respectfully urge them to support HB40. Contact information for the committee can be found by clicking here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find this item at: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5827

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania: Castle Doctrine Self-Defense Bill to be Considered on Tuesday, May

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie