Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Told by constable that I could not carry in Township Building to vote

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Filing lawsuits can be profitable and enriching and a source of useful free advertising for the lawyers, but if you keep losing ground for us, then you should stop, if you're on our side.
    The case in 2006 was not a loss.
    I agree that the word "regulate" is pretty vague and in it's entirety impossible to enforce, so then the courts fall back on intent. The clear intent of the statute is to prohibit each one of thousands of municipality from making up their own little rules and potentially trapping legal gun carriers into unknowingly doing something that is against the local laws, ordinances and rules. Footnote 9 totally goes against the intent and the wording of the statute.
    Here's what I get from the footnote, The reality is,this was a judge who didn't like the way the ruling went, (he knew it had to go the way it did) so he added his worthless $.02 at the bottom to discourage future law suites.

You're the expert in these matters so I would encourage anyone who reads my drivel to do as Gunlawyer says, but if I'm confronted with having to defend, I'm going with what the statute says.
    Last edited by ray h; May 1st, 2016 at 12:40 PM.

Default Re: Told by constable that I could not carry in Township Building to vote

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    The case in 2006 was not a loss.
    I agree that the word "regulate" is pretty vague and in it's entirety impossible to enforce, so then the courts fall back on intent. The clear intent of the statute is to prohibit each one of thousands of municipality from making up their own little rules and potentially trapping legal gun carriers into unknowingly doing something that is against the local laws, ordinances and rules. Footnote 9 totally goes against the intent and the wording of the statute.
    Here's what I get from the footnote, The reality is,this was a judge who didn't like the way the ruling went, (he knew it had to go the way it did) so he added his worthless $.02 at the bottom to discourage future law suites.

You're the expert in these matters so I would encourage anyone who reads my drivel to do as Gunlawyer says, but if I'm confronted with having to defend, I'm going with what the statute says.
    What you say is not drivel, it's the idealized version of what our system SHOULD be. Legislators argue over the words, the Governor signs bills as written, and then a few judges ignore the words and substitute what they think the law ought to have been. It's not right, but it is what it is.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    What you say is not drivel, it's the idealized version of what our system SHOULD be. Legislators argue over the words, the Governor signs bills as written, and then a few judges ignore the words and substitute what they think the law ought to have been. It's not right, but it is what it is.
    This. I often agree with the so called crazies but their truth and rhetoric can find you behind bars because the judge days you are using arguments deemed frivolous

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by poconojoe View Post
    I told her they have no authority to do squat, she agreed.
    That makes two who don't know what they're talking about.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-12 View Post
    That makes two who don't know what they're talking about.
    I told her this meaning it is not illegal to vote while carrying, he cant just say no because they think thats the way it should be, she agreed

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by poconojoe View Post
    I told her this meaning it is not illegal to vote while carrying, he cant just say no because they think thats the way it should be, she agreed
    On that point you're perfectly right.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415