Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    meanbeangreen Guest

Default Farrandsville "Range"

Hello there other Clinton County people. Just wondered how many of you go to the spot by the entrance of the Hazard road over in Farrandsville to shoot. I always have noticed that someone, presumably from over there take the time to mow it. I go there often and know others that do as well. Would just like to reiterate that it's important to clean up your garbage and pick up as many shells as you can when you go. It's kind of a little gold mine of a spot and I hope that people keep it that way.

Also, does anyone know what the heck that old 50lb piece of metal and concrete is over there? It looks like it was part of some kind of car or machinery or something. Well keep your powder dry...

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Farrandsville "Range"

Quote Originally Posted by meanbeangreen View Post
    Hello there other Clinton County people. Just wondered how many of you go to the spot by the entrance of the Hazard road over in Farrandsville to shoot. I always have noticed that someone, presumably from over there take the time to mow it. I go there often and know others that do as well. Would just like to reiterate that it's important to clean up your garbage and pick up as many shells as you can when you go. It's kind of a little gold mine of a spot and I hope that people keep it that way.

Also, does anyone know what the heck that old 50lb piece of metal and concrete is over there? It looks like it was part of some kind of car or machinery or something. Well keep your powder dry...
    Can you shoot there? That's game land isn't it?

meanbeangreen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    Can you shoot there? That's game land isn't it?
    You know, I've never received a clear cut answer on that from anyone I've ever spoken to. I even have an older friend who is a game warden and even he isn't certain whether that's game land or not. One thing for sure is that the blazes marking it are pretty vague and I'm not sure it extends back into that section of the land.

Someone must own it either the person who mows it or the state. I've known countless people that go back there and shoot without problems. I think as long as it's during the day and it doesn't sound like WWIII there usually isn't a problem.

You know, I've never received a clear cut answer on that from anyone I've ever spoken to. I even have an older friend who is a game warden and even he isn't certain whether that's game land or not. One thing for sure is that the blazes marking it are pretty vague and I'm not sure it extends back into that section of the land.

Someone must own it either the person who mows it or the state. I've known countless people that go back there and shoot without problems. I think as long as it's during the day and it doesn't sound like WWIII there usually isn't a problem.
    Go to this website and verify who owns the location. If it is private property, (which I highly doubt) then I guess you are ok atleast for now. If it is state land then that activity at that location is not legal. Its a bummer, but its true.
    http://www.clintoncountypa.com/gis.htm

What did you find out/determine?