Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Arming teachers.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Arming teachers.

It will probably work in Utah and maybe a few of the other western states but the NEA and the other teachers unions around PA would dirty their drawers at just the thought. I wish that it were otherwise, but we all know that the majority of the teachers in our schools are so far to the left that they'd break their necks trying to see something in their right hands.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Arming teachers.

Instead of arming teachers, we should look to this situation on a local level. Say each township or school district work up a school security team for each school, from their respective police force. Philadelphia schools have a police presence already. I cannot imagine the cost in $$$ but it would be worth every penny to keep this from happening again. We all pay high taxes so what's a little more paid out for making our schools safer. Kids also look up to cops and that may put a kid on the right path early in life if he has a cop as a role model. I know some bad guy will always find a way, but atleast they will know going in that they face real police and having them at each school should deter them. Again the cost would be great but most of us have kids at school...your thoughts...Mike45