Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enjoy Your Stay

(Clinton County)

Default Enjoy Your Stay

You open your eyes. You are looking up at the sky and see white clouds scattered across a pale blue background. Something's wrong...you shake your head and you look down to see that you are bleeding as the effects of momentary shock wear off. Tilting your head around you see others lying in pools of blood; some crying in pain, others staring up at that same blue sky with lifeless expressions. Memories of recent events flood into your mind and you see the flare of gunfire and the panic of innocent victims running in terror. It was just a short time ago but now seems like a lifetime away as a cold feeling begins to creep under your skin. “My son, my daughter...where are they?!” you scream out in your mind but it comes out as only a gasp barely audible in the ensuing chaos. You try desperately to stand but fall back down and roll slightly to one side and see every member of your family lying quietly next to you. A single tear rolls down your cheek and before you can even feel the first pangs of grief your mind goes blank and the cold feeling envelops you.

What you didn't have time to think of before that last moment are the events that led up to your tragic death. You were at the local elementary school. You were there to pick up your kids with your wife. Walking across the parking lot you were greeted by a teacher and your children ran over to join you. As you exchanged idle conversation with the teacher and your wife, across from you, in the background, some maniac with intentions unknown pulled two semi automatic pistols from a backpack and began firing into a crowd of nearby students. Instinctively, you ducked to the ground trying to grab for your children. You reached for something just then...wait its not there...with sudden horror it dawns on you that you left your gun at home because this was a school and as everyone knows you aren't allowed to have guns there. So, like a good law abiding citizen you voluntarily disarmed to comply with the law and went off to pick up the kids. After all, what could happen? Immediately, after you reached for the non-existent sidearm you began to see the crazed individual turn toward you and begin firing. The teacher was first to go and then as a smile widened across a disturbed face you felt two hammering blows hit you in the chest.

Welcome to a gun free zone. I hope you enjoyed your stay.
    Last edited by t1m0thy; May 17th, 2010 at 02:40 AM.

Default Re: Enjoy Your Stay

Wow that was intense.

(Bucks County)

what happens when you need to go the nj?

(Clinton County)

Must not have had a Big No Firearms Allowed sign up. Because everyone knows if the bad guy would have read the sign this would not have happened.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    what happens when you need to go the nj?
    Don't go there much, thank goodness. Hopefully, one day soon no one will have to consider going through what I posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Luv2Hunt View Post
    Must not have had a Big No Firearms Allowed sign up. Because everyone knows if the bad guy would have read the sign this would not have happened.
    yea obviously the sign wasnt in the right location at the time yea that was pretty intense but also way to true unfortunately. o boy high school not that long ago, always saw the shootings on the news always wondering if one day we would end up on the news kinda made me scared to go to school after seeing school shootings

(Venango County)

I'm blown away. It's thoughts like this, the "What if" scenario, that makes responsible citizens want to carry. What if there is a crazed gunman, what if some person tries to hurt my loved ones.

That's the picture that the Anti's just don't seem to see. We don't carry because it's "cool", we don't carry "because we can". We carry to protect ourselves, and those closest to us.

I have to ask, did you find that somewhere? Or is it all original?

(Clinton County)

All my own. I get little sparks of inspiration when I can't sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    All my own. I get little sparks of inspiration when I can't sleep.
    yes you do seem to get some great posts when you cant sleep soooooo stop sleeping! lol

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    we don't carry "because we can"
    Speak for yourself.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast