Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Question Honest Question about Sam Rohrer

I am assuming that the majority of Sam's supporters were also supportive of the effort to remove all members of the State House and Senate who were in office when they voted on the midnight pay raise. That being the case, why does Sam get a pass now? He was in office at the time of the "throw them all out" voting block but today he gets a pass.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Honest Question about Sam Rohrer

didnt he vote FOR that raise ?

(Schuylkill County)

IMO, because our options are very limited. It's either support a candidate I agree with 99%, one I agree with 70%, or lower myself and vote for a candidate I only agree with 10-15%... I will NEVER agree with every candidate 100%... it's the way of politics. But based on overall support, I will vote for Sam because of the big picture.
    III%

(Mercer County)

“Representative Sam Rohrer voted for the pay raise.” There you go, Tom Corbett. I’ve saved you the energy of having to say it again.

And just as a guide toward the things you’ve purposely left unsaid, here are a few prompts in the unlikely event that you somehow decide to tell the whole truth about your gubernatorial opponent:

Mr. Rohrer’s vote for the pay raise was not illegal or unconstitutional.

Mr. Rohrer unwillingly voted for the pay raise under threat by the House Republican leadership that they would force his signature property tax elimination bill to die in committee if he didn’t do so.

Mr. Rohrer did not accept the pay raise as an unvouchered expense, unlike a great number of his legislative colleagues.

Mr. Rohrer fought against the leaders of his own party in helping to lead the charge to repeal the pay raise.

Mr. Rohrer has publicly and candidly admitted his mistake on numerous occasions and has apologized for it.

I find it most amusing, Mr. Corbett, that you’ve managed to conceal so many important details.

Oh, and there’s one more thing you forgot to mention, Mr. Corbett: That YOU happily accepted that same pay raise without any objection whatsoever. Hmm. That must have somehow conveniently slipped your mind along with the other facts. Could it be said that this is the other “big elephant in the room”? But wait – I’m getting ahead of myself here.

On March 31 the Committee of Seventy, Common Cause and The PA League of Women Voters hosted a gubernatorial candidates’ forum on ethics in government at Harrisburg Area Community College. All six candidates for Governor – Republicans and Democrats – participated.

The discourse was civil and professional, with all candidates responding to questions from their policy perspectives. With a large group of candidates such as this you might expect some rancor and sniping, but such was not the case. Without exception, all of the candidates were courteous and respectful of one another except for one – Tom Corbett, who took the opportunity to level a sleazy cheap shot at Representative Rohrer.

On the previous night Mr. Rohrer and Mr. Corbett were the sole gubernatorial candidates who participated in a forum sponsored by the Lehighton 9-12 Project.

The last question of the evening was posed by a member of the audience who asked if the pay raise vote was illegal or immoral. Mr. Corbett was given the opportunity to respond first to this question.

Instead of immediately responding, Mr. Corbett sat silently for a full ten seconds with a smug, supercilious smirk on his face, using to full advantage the pregnant pause he created. When he finally deigned to respond, Mr. Corbett’s first words were “That’s the big elephant in the room”, a thinly veiled reference to Mr. Rohrer’s vote.

In interviews and public appearances throughout the state, Mr. Corbett, you have repeatedly brought up the pay raise vote in your attacks on Mr. Rohrer. You are attempting to tarnish a good and decent man’s reputation and to define his unblemished eighteen year tenure in the House of Representatives through a single unwise vote. Your arrogant, mean-spirited attitude speaks volumes about your true lack of character, integrity, and dignity.

Mr. Corbett, you obviously are unwilling or incapable of an honest, civil debate of the issues and, because of your ill-defined platform, instead apparently feel that you must resort to scurrilous, slimy attacks on Mr. Rohrer in an attempt to win this election. You clearly do not understand that the voters are fed up with dirty politics and vicious personal attacks on opponents and you are doing much harm to your campaign by employing a scummy tactic such as this.

On the other hand, who can blame you? Your platform changes with the mood and demographics of your audience and any honest debate of the issues against Mr. Rohrer’s clear and unwavering message is all but futile. Unfortunately, the blunt club of personal attack is your only available weapon in this obvious mismatch of policy and personal integrity.

That tactic, Mr. Corbett, is the REALLY big elephant in the room.

Reference: http://therealtomcorbett.wordpress.c...t-in-the-room”

(Delaware County)

Rohrer's pockets also aren't filled with big corporations, either...like Tom Corbett.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by wcpastures View Post
    “Representative Sam Rohrer voted for the pay raise.” There you go, Tom Corbett. I’ve saved you the energy of having to say it again.
    . . .
    Were you under the impression that Corbett was posting into this thread? Um, I don't think he is. You might look into the "third person" form of speech, it's really handy.

Yes, it's totally unfair to use Rohrer's voting record against him. He had reasons for what he did. And I'm sure that Corbett made a pact with Satan, acts based on what the Ouija Board tells him to do, accepts campaign money from nasty capitalists who provide jobs to thousands, accepted a statewide pay increase that was created by legislators (not the AG), and failed to do "legal stuff" that is not actually within the mandate of the AG. I heard he shot JFK, too.

Seriously, allow the same excuses for Corbett as you are indignantly trotting out for Rohrer, that "he had good reasons" for whatever he did. And maybe we should all admit that there is no perfect candidate, just a best of the available choices. Otherwise, why don't you guys all write-in your own names, as the only person 100% in agreement with you?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Otherwise, why don't you guys all write-in your own names, as the only person 100% in agreement with you?
    You mean I'm the only one that does this?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    You mean I'm the only one that does this?
    I was going to write your name in as usual, Greg, but now I'm hearing all this buzz about Corbett, so I dunno....

BTW, I took a look at our newest buddy "wcpastures", of his total 59 posts since joining our "gun forum", all but 2 posts were in these threads; see if you can spot the subtle pattern:

Tom Corbett announces his candidacy for Governor

Tom Corbett reserves disarming Pennsylvanians as an option

Last Day to register to vote or switch parties is TODAY!

Is the Philly Gun Task Force a form of gun control?

CeaseFirePA's 2010 Voters Guide

Tom Corbett vs. Sam Rohrer on the 2nd Amendment..

Corbett and the Pennsylvania State Police Database

FOAC Voters Guide

Stand for Pennsylvania Aaron Tippin and Sam Rohrer Harrisburg

Beaver County Townhall with Sam Rohrer Wednesday, May 12 7:00PM

Johnstown Townhall with Sam Rohrer

Firearm Owners Against Crime- Biased BS!!

Should FOAC endorse Tom Corbett on their guide? Is he pro or anti-gun?

Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund Endorses Rohrer for Governor

Erie Townhall with Sam Rohrer

MAY 18th PRIMARY, WHOS ON YOUR BALLOT

Honest Question about Sam Rohrer

Much like that joke about the grizzly bear hunter, I'm thinking he's not really here about the guns....
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Hey, all I can say is I am happy I have a choice between two good candidates and may the best man win.

I just hope come general time we, the pro gun people, have a good governor in office who will support us.

Amen!!

By the Way,.... GO FLYERS!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wcpastures View Post
    There you go, Tom Corbett. I’ve saved you the energy of having to say it again.
    Mmmmmmmmmmm, ok, bad news wcpastures, my name is not Tom Corbett as can be attested by ChamberedRound and several other members of the forum. You might want to pull your horns back in, the man voted for the pay raise, he accepted the money, he was not kicked out of office and he seems to be getting a pass for taking that raise. You, on the other hand, want to condemn Corbett for taking a raise the he didn't vote for, didn't have a chance to vote for and has only been doing his job, as defined by people like Mr. Rohrer. The entire point of this thread is that Sam is NOT subject to sainthood, nor for the knight's cross. He has foibles just like any other politician, he just happens to be a little more conservative than most.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast