Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2
    What's the difference between "honor a Pennsylvania permit" and "states that we have a reciprocity agreement with" ?
    Reciprocity goes both ways (we honor theirs, they honor ours).
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp
    Reciprocity goes both ways (we honor theirs, they honor ours).
    beat me to it.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Erie County)

there needs to be a federal permit

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by doug
    there needs to be a federal permit
    That sounds good at first. It may, however come too close to a national ID that so many folks worry about. The truth of the matter is, we shouldn't need a permit at all. But I'd be happy with national recognition of my PA permit for now.
    Mike(starblazer)

(Bucks County)

Actually any type of permit is the same as needing permission from our government to exercise our constitutionally protected rights and is wrong and goes against the very spirit of our constitution in which We The People give the government permission to do certain things on our behalf. It still amazes me that we so easily forget this basic understanding of our form of government.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but had to say it anyway.

(Bucks County)

I don't get what people have against a national ID because whats the difference between a national ID and a Passport?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown
    I don't get what people have against a national ID because whats the difference between a national ID and a Passport?
    As far as a passport, there's a lot of people who don't have them, and likely never will. Most of those folks do however have a driver's license, which could also be considered a national ID. I guess the difference being, the issuing government? Local vs. Federal? I'm not necessarily on the anti ID side, I guess I'll have to do more research on the topic. Rambling over.
    Mike(starblazer)

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Archiver
    A Florida Permit is currently the best for travel. They do everything by mail http://www.packing.org/state/florida/

Thanks for including the link! I just ordered my application from the website. Fortunately for me, I can use my DD214 and Hunter education card for proof of proficiency.
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

Default LOL ROFL You all worry for nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by starblazer
    As far as a passport, there's a lot of people who don't have them, and likely never will. Most of those folks do however have a driver's license, which could also be considered a national ID. I guess the difference being, the issuing government? Local vs. Federal? I'm not necessarily on the anti ID side, I guess I'll have to do more research on the topic. Rambling over.
    Try having to carry one of these every day, and dont forget it home!
    It has all your pertinent information, is probably big brother ready, and if you are found with out it, you risk deportation. When traveling out of state, you need to notify the INS and basically, has your life story on it, the back part (black strip) is a computer disk that the LEO can insert in a computer and see all your fingerprints and past history. Mind you the up side to this card, takes me 2 minutes to get through the system every time i want to buy a new gun. (PS this is not my card, its a sample found online)
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Default Ccw

Listers,

Utah and Pa permits give you 32 states.

Utah's fee is $59 for 5 yrs, automatic notification of renew with cost of $10.

Fire Institute just happens to have a Utah certified instructor. I took the class at GPGC at a cost of $50. The last class was a few weeks back at McDonald. I think one more class is scheduled this year but don't remember when.

I think turnaround is supposed to be 8 weeks but I haven't received mine yet.(I don't remember when I finally mailed it but they cashed my check .

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast