Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Kentucky Gun Company Review

Last week I asked if anyone knew anything about an online gun store called the Kentucky Gun Company. http://www.kygunco.com/

No one seemed to know anything about them so I took a gamble and ordered a Mosin from them. Figured I would try to make a positive contribution to PAFOA and take the time to post a review of this company for people looking for info in the future.

I ordered the Mosin on 4/2. It cost $79 plus shipping. It came to about $95 total. After not hearing from the company I called them up on Wednesday 4/4 to make sure they got the order and everything was good to go. The woman on the other end said that they were about 2-3 days behind on orders. Sounded a little disorganized but not big deal.

On Friday 4/6 I got an email notification that the gun was shipped and that it should be at my FFL on Tuesday 4/10. It came with a tracking number. The gun was delivered on 4/10. the gun took 8 days from the time I ordered it to get to my FFL. In comparison I've ordered from a couple of other places. A Mosin I got from Buds took 5 days from the time I ordered it. I got a pistol from Buds before that also took 5 days. I've ordered a gun from Impact that took 15 days to get to my FFL. I I also tried ordering a gun from Classic Arms that was a complete waste of my time.

The package included the gun, bayonet, two ammo pouches, oil can, tools, sling and they threw in a cable lock that I will probably never use. The gun was made in 1943.

Over the past couple of months I've had the opportunity to inspect and shoot a couple of different Mosins. I have one that I ordered from Buds Guns, my buddy also got one from Buds. I have seen three other at my gun club. Of the Mosins I have seen the one I got from Kentucky Gun Company is the nicest, at least cosmetically. It looks great. One or two small dings and that is it. By comparison the ones me and my friend got from Bud both look like part of the butt stock cracked off and was glued back together with a lot of dings. This one looks really good. Pictures are below.

I will be cleaning the cosmoline off of the gun tomorrow and getting out to shoot it this weekend or next. I love the Mosin I already have and hopefully this one shoots as well.

Overall I am happy with my experience with the Kentucky Gun Company. The gun was a good price and delivered in a timely manner. The Mosin looks to be in relatively great shape. I would order again based on this experience.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by internet troll; May 2nd, 2013 at 05:31 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Angry Re: Kentucky Gun Company Review

I purchased to H&R Shotguns from kygunco on 12/1/2012. The price was good and offered free shipping but through in a $11 handling fee. It took almost three weeks to get the guns.

At $180 each I am not expecting a high end firearm but something that works out of the box. The sole purpose for these guns is clay bird shooting with my girls. One did not function out of the box. Only one shell fit into the loading tube and if I put one shell in the chamber and discharged the firearm the action would not load the next shell. So we have a couple issues. I called kygunco and it seemed they had no clue for me what to do. They first talked about me bringing the gun in to the shop but when I told them I was an internet customer their tone changed. The web site boasts a 30 day return/repair policy. This is for local customers ONLY! I was instructed that I would have to return the firearm to the mfg. for repair.

I will try my local FFL first and if not too bad eat the repair cost.

Currently NOT a fan of kygunco.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Kentucky Gun Company Review

I would not fault the seller. If there is problem with the gun it is a manufacturer issue.
    Call H&R. They will fix it for free. Ask them to cover shipping. They did for me.
    My Pardner Pump Protector had a feed issue after a few rounds. The feed latches were not staked correctly. Sent it out. They fixed it plus gave it a once over. Polished the action. Got it back in 8 days.
    Also did you remove the magazine plug? They come plugged for hunting.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyLip View Post
    I purchased to H&R Shotguns from kygunco on 12/1/2012. The price was good and offered free shipping but through in a $11 handling fee. It took almost three weeks to get the guns.

At $180 each I am not expecting a high end firearm but something that works out of the box. The sole purpose for these guns is clay bird shooting with my girls. One did not function out of the box. Only one shell fit into the loading tube and if I put one shell in the chamber and discharged the firearm the action would not load the next shell. So we have a couple issues. I called kygunco and it seemed they had no clue for me what to do. They first talked about me bringing the gun in to the shop but when I told them I was an internet customer their tone changed. The web site boasts a 30 day return/repair policy. This is for local customers ONLY! I was instructed that I would have to return the firearm to the mfg. for repair.

I will try my local FFL first and if not too bad eat the repair cost.

Currently NOT a fan of kygunco.
    Perfect example of why you should buy local. You dont have to wait 3 weeks for the gun and if it is faulty from the factory most shops will take care of it for you. Spend the extra few dollars and support your local shop.

These guys are ridiculous. The only ammo I don't have a stockpile of is 38spl and I needed a few boxes for my wife who keeps an s&w snubbi in the car. They are claiming 3 weeks to put 5 boxes of ammo in a box and stick a label on it. I sent email after email and get an auto response or no response at all. Finally get an email telling me how busy they are and it's 3 weeks. I ask about the logic, they are like a 5 person company according to their website and I get a bullshit response about how busy they are and it's going to be 3 weeks. I call Lala at SG Ammo and they shipped the same ammo the same day. (And at a better price). Unless you want absurd excuses and excessive wait times, stay away from these guys. They may be ok for local walk-in's but they shouldn't be selling Over the Internet if they're not set up to handle it. Since I placed my order with the,(since cancelled) I've ordered and received 6 seperate shipments of bulk ammo from 6 different suppliers but these guys are still crying 3 weeks cor a lousy 5 boxes. Stay away unless you can walk in and buy over the counter.