Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Assault Weapon' Registration/Confiscation in Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Today's leftist politicians are under no obligation to obey the laws and there is no one to hold them accountable when they do. I just hope they start passing these laws before I get too old as Bogey1 suggests. I want to get my licks in while I can still move and see.

Apologies.
    I forgot to include you when I posted in the other thread and said that there's a whole lot of men with guns of the "I have nothing to lose" age.

I should have said "people with guns"!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I do and even if I didn't I still wont comply, however I would not fault anyone that did. Before I sell at a loss, turn in, or destroy my personal property I will bury and store it in a million different ways and make sure it's preserved. My kids after me can choose what to do for themselves. I know current and retired law enforcement federal, state and local who have said the same thing.

As far as NJ each range is assigned a State Trooper who handles their compliance issues which is supposed to be through arranged time and date spot checks. However I worked in one long enough to see the compliance trooper show up from his how town almost two hours away pain clothed on his supposed day off with the excuse of just wanting to buy a sling. Then once there he began busting balls and asking questions about firearms that were not yet checked into the system or bound book because they were just dropped off by UPS 30 minutes before as well as other things. So basically NJ ranges most likely would be loaded with undercover troopers for some time in order to make an example out of a few people for the press and to scare the masses. The same may happen here or maybe it wont but I wouldn't leave it up to chance.

I have a lot of friends in NJ and several of them have shipped me their 15 round mags and I have found them 10 round versions, and some were not easy or affordable to replace. When I lived in NJ I had a ammo can or two of the deadly standard capacity AR and AK mags very well hidden in my attic. I had them for several reasons none of which were for the range one of which was because I could.

In the end FUCK THEM! is the only response they are going to listen to regardless of what state it happens in, and sooner or alter it will be all of them including the perceived mother of all gun states Texas which is a myth of course.

After Thursday nights Pittsburgh town council meeting and the truth of what they are trying to do coming out both O'Conner and the Mayor have tried to roll back and reword their efforts and possibly close some of the very opened ended gaps in the ordinances. While it's still a giant steaming pie of buffalo shit it shows they are being taken to task and will be held responsible if not by the DA then by the people they supposedly serve. Their lies, made up facts, and Bloombergs money will only get them so far.
    I agree, I won’t get rid of anything either, but I won’t be rolling to the range with the stuff. My 15 rounders are stored at Gunsitters. When I move to PA I’ll just grab them from there.

...and it’s definitely gonna spread to all of the states. There is still too much fighting within the gun community to make enough of a difference. I really hope that changes.

I am blown away by Pittsburgh. I have no faith that the DA will do anything. Which means that the people can’t do anything. Clearly there was a majority of 2a supporters but they’ll still move it through.

So they’re now setting the prescedence that it’s OK to violate the law. Unreal!
    Eddie

(Lehigh County)

Is it time yet ?
    --ET

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Twospot View Post
    I agree, I won’t get rid of anything either, but I won’t be rolling to the range with the stuff. My 15 rounders are stored at Gunsitters. When I move to PA I’ll just grab them from there.

...and it’s definitely gonna spread to all of the states. There is still too much fighting within the gun community to make enough of a difference. I really hope that changes.

I am blown away by Pittsburgh. I have no faith that the DA will do anything. Which means that the people can’t do anything. Clearly there was a majority of 2a supporters but they’ll still move it through.

So they’re now setting the prescedence that it’s OK to violate the law. Unreal!
    You sure about that?
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123