Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default I feel the need to show off...

My buddies from work and I have been doing shooting challenges and talking smack on a FB page.

The current challenge is shooting a "Smiley Face".... I haven't been shooting my guns very much lately (I know I need to fix that) but I have been shooting my bow twice a week.

My buddy posted the smiley face target. He shot it from 21 feet with his XD40 a week ago. We all had until today to post a "better" target or he wins the challenge. (he is such a pain in the ass when he wins/is winning) He's been strutting around the office like a peacock all week... it's been almost unbearable....

My daughter and I went to shoot our bows last night. (we shoot archery every Thursday during the summer) I decided I wasn't going to listen to him gloating all day so, I figured I'd one up him (or try to one up him) with my bow.

The first picture is his target (XD 40 at 21ft) ... Not bad... but not that impressive.

Picture 2 is my daughter putting the stickies on the 20 archery target. I wanted to have her in the picture as a reference for estimating/proof of the 20 yard range.

Picture 3 is the Eyes and mouth of the smiley face... Since I only had 5 arrows with me, I had to shoot a group for just the nose.

Picture 4 shows I can hit the bullseye anytime I want....

Now that I've shared these pics with the other guys in the "contest", I've been declared the weekly "winner" which entitles me to pick a new challenge.... Any ideas?!?!?!?! This challenge has been going on for almost 2 years... I'm running out of ideas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: I feel the need to show off...

Do you have a PDF of the target so we could print our own?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Not sure... Let me see if I can get it....

ETA:

Here is another smiley target... I can't find a .pdf of the original without holes....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ReconLdr; August 8th, 2014 at 10:49 AM.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    My buddies from work and I have been doing shooting challenges and talking smack on a FB page.

The current challenge is shooting a "Smiley Face".... I haven't been shooting my guns very much lately (I know I need to fix that) but I have been shooting my bow twice a week.

My buddy posted the smiley face target. He shot it from 21 feet with his XD40 a week ago. We all had until today to post a "better" target or he wins the challenge. (he is such a pain in the ass when he wins/is winning) He's been strutting around the office like a peacock all week... it's been almost unbearable....

My daughter and I went to shoot our bows last night. (we shoot archery every Thursday during the summer) I decided I wasn't going to listen to him gloating all day so, I figured I'd one up him (or try to one up him) with my bow.

The first picture is his target (XD 40 at 21ft) ... Not bad... but not that impressive.

Picture 2 is my daughter putting the stickies on the 20 archery target. I wanted to have her in the picture as a reference for estimating/proof of the 20 yard range.

Picture 3 is the Eyes and mouth of the smiley face... Since I only had 5 arrows with me, I had to shoot a group for just the nose.

Now that I've shared these pics with the other guys in the "contest", I've been declared the weekly "winner" which entitles me to pick a new challenge.... Any ideas?!?!?!?! This challenge has been going on for almost 2 years... I'm running out of ideas.
    Pretty darn good... So??? What did the co-worker say??

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Im not Batman View Post
    Pretty darn good... So??? What did the co-worker say??
    The guy I defeated (the consensus of the group was that I was the winner due to degree of difficulty) was impressed but continues to argue that since I didn't use a pistol, my target doesn't count and he should be declared the winner. He's doing a bit of pouting/bitching but the next challenge (issued by me) is in progress.

So far, there haven't been any targets submitted for my challenge:

New Challenge - 5 rounds from any pistol, any caliber at 100 yards. The object is to have the tightest group at that range. The impact can be anywhere on the target.
    I don't know if anyone will even attempt it....

(Montgomery County)

Red face Re: I feel the need to show off...

I tried the 100 yard challenge yesterday. I used an 8-1/2x14" target.
    Of four, 5-shot strings, I hit paper twice...

A larger target or covering the whole target holder in butcher paper would have been helpful. My shots might have been grouped all together, but hitting the backer board that already had a thousand holes in it. Don't worry, they were clearly hitting the dirt backstop.

Funny, 100 yards is not out of the question. My club has a piece of steel (about 8-1/2x11) hanging at 100. If you have a spotter help call the misses that hit the dirt, you can zero in pretty easily. Once you know the aim point, you can ping that steel over and over.

I hit the steel yesterday, but not that darn paper target 😢

(Berks County)

I like the archery target (I've been shooting my bow more and more lately).

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I ran a contest on a my blog a while back and made up a similar target. If you'd like to print it out and shoot it, you can get it here

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I tried the 100 yard challenge yesterday. I used an 8-1/2x14" target.
    Of four, 5-shot strings, I hit paper twice...

A larger target or covering the whole target holder in butcher paper would have been helpful. My shots might have been grouped all together, but hitting the backer board that already had a thousand holes in it. Don't worry, they were clearly hitting the dirt backstop.

Funny, 100 yards is not out of the question. My club has a piece of steel (about 8-1/2x11) hanging at 100. If you have a spotter help call the misses that hit the dirt, you can zero in pretty easily. Once you know the aim point, you can ping that steel over and over.

I hit the steel yesterday, but not that darn paper target ��
    I used to screw around with long range pistol shots all the time. At one point I could break clays at 100yds 9/10 shots.... I've been completely addicted to archery the last 3 years so I'm not sure how I would do right now.

I shoot 100 arrows out of my bow 1-2 days a week. I'm sure it would get really expensive if I did the same with my .45 ACP or 357 Sig. Archery is way cheaper to shoot often... That is until you do this:
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Philadelphia County)

I used to screw around with long range pistol shots all the time. At one point I could break clays at 100yds 9/10 shots.... I've been completely addicted to archery the last 3 years so I'm not sure how I would do right now.

I shoot 100 arrows out of my bow 1-2 days a week. I'm sure it would get really expensive if I did the same with my .45 ACP or 357 Sig. Archery is way cheaper to shoot often... That is until you do this:
    PHOTO OK..... If I hadn't seen it....I would not have believed it....

Well done...

WARNING! BAD ARCHERY JOKE INBOUND

People that can shoot like you...
    Make me quiver
    God Bless America and pass the ammunition!

(Philadelphia County)

I think the groundhog pooped a little bit after the "NOSE JOB"
    God Bless America and pass the ammunition!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast