Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default should we be concerned?

we're 6 months into the year. our congresspeople have put in about 50 of the hundred hours they work a year, nothing has moved on the firearm front.
    every state and federal bill has stalled?
    some states have taken action and moved bills affecting their people, not ours.

what can we do? is this normal?
    it's cool to see all the bills from the anti's stall out, but we've got some goodies that were introduced in january and nothing has happened yet.
    Last edited by fallenleader; June 10th, 2017 at 12:53 PM. Reason: month
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Franklin County)

Default Re: should we be concerned?

Is it July already?
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

Quote Originally Posted by Maquis View Post
    Is it July already?
    hey, when every day is almost the same, you keep tract. :P

edited.

You actually expected progress?

Very unlikely anything will happen in Pa. Less likely on the federal level. Yes this is normal, and why people get disgusted and don't vote.

ETA:

Regarding the feds, the useless party will likely fuck up healthcare worse then it is, and not do anything truly meaningful with tax reform. Firearms.....lol!

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    You actually expected progress?

Very unlikely anything will happen in Pa. Less likely on the federal level. Yes this is normal, and why people get disgusted and don't vote.

ETA:

Regarding the feds, the useless party will likely fuck up healthcare worse then it is, and not do anything truly meaningful with tax reform. Firearms.....lol!
    i don't expect progress, i demand it. one little sad voice crying out.
    but hey, maybe we should just sit back, relax and let the dems waltz back in and destroy everything. at least then, when the rifles come out, there won't be any pesky laws to get in the way, finding food will be more of a concern.

so the question, how do we push them?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    i don't expect progress, i demand it. one little sad voice crying out.

so the question, how do we push them?
    People do things motivated by either Love or Fear. Love has not worked...so its time to put the fear of God into them. And you do this with direct threats...voting them out of office, attacking their backers, attending townhalls and going apeshit...just some of the tactics used by the left, which effectively put the corrupt, lazy, politicians on the hot seat. There are other methods, but none of them are civil...

Yes. The DNC, the DNC Media and the Rinos have Trump in handcuffs. I blame the Rinos for it. If they supported President Trump, we would have progress on Second Amendment matters and other issues. They do not.The Rinos are working with the Democrats to bring him down. The GOP will never get another cent from me. They have sold us all out.

Rinos, when it comes to the 2A, are in pretty much the same camp as the Dems but will not be open about it. Rinos want elitists to rule and want Americans to be defenseless and subservient to Government. Our own Pat Toomey is Exhibit A. Paul Ryan is Exhibit B. The list goes on.

(Butler County)

Mostly only the name and the game is different between the two. And that is only so they have two weapons for brainwashing different types of mostly already polarized voters. The elitist goal is the same and is all Soros-politics through and through.

I believe both John McCain AND Mitt Romney lost to Obama as part of a plan. Professional political fall-guys.
    I believe Obama was the ONLY candidate all along.

At this point, the national reciprocity act is the only bill I'd like to see passed and signed. NJ, NY, CA will no doubt have a collective leftist-meltdown fit. But at least we'll have the law on our a little more than in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    Mostly only the name and the game is different between the two. And that is only so they have two weapons for brainwashing different types of mostly already polarized voters. The elitist goal is the same and is all Soros-politics through and through.

I believe both John McCain AND Mitt Romney lost to Obama as part of a plan. Professional political fall-guys.
    I believe Obama was the ONLY candidate all along.
    you're most likely correct about that. the whole thing is just a show.

i'd love to see national recip. passed, so i can finally head into NJ safely. i was driving the other day and noticed that if doing the speed limit, you have 4 signs and less than a minute to get your bearings, miss your turn and you're a criminal. welcome to NJ.
    once i confused my east and west and had to u turn in NJ. fastest i've ever fled that state.

however, there are a good number of decent bills, constitutional carry should simply be a thing in pa, i explained very thoroughly to my rep what the ltcf does and how little it actually does. i told her, it is going to cost the county close to $40m in violations due to the sheriff not following the law. and all the ltcf does is allow you to drive or cover your firearm, you can carry freely if you walk and keep it exposed. so we're being sued, $40m, for the privilidge to drive with a gun. how does that make any sense? i explained the whole permitting process, background check, how it was already done to permit the purchase. how if you buy more than 1 gun in 5 years, you already are getting more 'inspections' than the sheriff provides over that time. etc.etc.

if i've got this right, http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...=24&CteeBody=H are the people we should probably start harassing.
    all firearm bills seem to go judiciary, they would be the ones to move it foreward. wouldn't surprise me if they're mostly dems, but haven't had time to check each member yet.
    i have to look up the committee responsible on fed level, maybe we should start directing some real noise toward committee members.
    i'd say my priority order starts with the national recipricatory act in the feds. then follows in the below order, omitting some less important ones that i didnt copy here.
    like, i'd love to see gun locks and safes become tax exempt, the liberal confusion over whether they like or hate that, as they should not be made into a mandatory purchase, hand in hand with that bill should be one that makes it so they can not force us to buy the locks or safes. that being said, i couldn't care if it died on the floor.
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=0170 -constitutional carry
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=0434 -prohibit reg's that come from executive order
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=0156 -registry ban
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=0224 -kill pics for nics
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=0038 -protection

Edit:https://judiciary.house.gov/subcommi...ull-committee/
    i believe those are the people to start harassing for national recip.

please correct me if i'm wrong and potentially we can organize a bit of a campaign to push this along.
    Last edited by fallenleader; June 11th, 2017 at 10:05 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast