Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK VP9Sk

Default Re: HK VP9Sk

Quote Originally Posted by ammo View Post
    Well, Justin, money doesn't dictate character, nor classiness, let alone the right to have something, one over another person. Just like I always say, a well dressed idiot is just that.
    You're the one that said anything about money. Don't project your hang ups on me.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

You speak something in a public forum that seemed a little snobby, so giving you the benefit of the doubt, I asked for clarity. You shot back the one liner without expounding.

The guy who commented prior to your post, did so about money, to which you replied H&K's aren't for everyone. So that being the foundation for my comment, yes, money was certainly in my mind because he brought it up and you responded as you did.

Now your 2nd comment back to me here still doesn't answer my question, but hey, I'm not your judge, and your within your rights to not answer my initial request to elaborate. I'd not wanted a worthless tit-for-tat, merely an explanation.

I just feel that it was important for you to be understood correctly, you'd elaborate.
    It's because you decided what it's about before asking for clarification.

And this thread very clearly states who it is for in the opening sentence. It isn't for shit posters to complain about mag prices as the reason they aren't going to buy an HK.

The people for whom this thread is for don't care. Neither does HK.

I made no statement​ about his finances or character. I simply stated that HK isn't for everyone, and they're not, same as anything.

Then you made a mountain out of a mole hill and drew conclusions that weren't there, but you weren't succinct enough to make a lucid point so I gave you the same retort because that's all your nonsensical, pseudo intellectual post deserved.

Now, kindly go shit post in another thread.

1.) I responded with a request for clarification because it appeared a bit suspect, and implied. That is exactly what I stated I perceived as I didn't see how it could be meant another way. Simple really.

2.) Your on a public forum, and he can post whatever non offensive thing he pleases. You so quickly NOW go on a little hissy fit about this guy being a "shit poster" because you disagree with him not liking H&K's inflated prices. So why does that offend you? Name calling and foul words about another guy you disagree with? Get over yourself.

3.) I'll email H&K tomorrow and find out.

4.) See line number (2), and again, that's akin to saying Ferrari isn't for everyone....what are you some kind of snob? If someone said that here, I am pretty sure most would take it that way and call the poster a few things, aloof, and snob being one of them. Still doesn't help your case when you don't define why. He complained about something specific, yet your stuck on "they're not, same as anything" way vague man, way too vague. An answer like, they don't fit small hands, or some prefer metal guns, even non imports, thats clear, but even those answers don't apply to what I felt was inferred by your post after his comment.

5.) Asking for elaboration and even saying that text sometimes doesn't convey the posters true intentions is diametrically apart from making a mountain out of a molehill. Just because you couldn't anatomize my other over communicated post sounds like a personal matter to me.

5.) I'll post at my own discretion. Anyhow, I'm moving on, seeing as I'm getting nothing useful out of you. Tell ya what, have the last word even if it helps you sleep better. I'm A-OK with that man.
    HK isn't for everyone.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    HK isn't for everyone.
    Exactly. It isn't for everyone. For those who appreciate quality, fine engineering, reliability, etc. and have the means to have it, Yes. Everyone, no.

$10,000 engraved italian shotguns aren't for everyone either. I think it's a stupid waste of money and a far-cheaper good-solid Remington is just fine... my father thinks nothing else will do. He's not wrong. I'm not wrong.

Some people are fine with a $50 Chinese scope off Ebay (me), some just can't settle for less than a >$1,000 scope. And that's cool too.

There's room in this wide world for Hyundai drivers and BMW drivers. I'm here to tell you Hyundai makes a damned-fine automobile (at least the last few years...) with an unbeatable warranty. Hyundai drivers aren't "wrong," the cars aren't "bad" and here's a big thumbs-up for them.

For my part, I drive a Hyundai as my daily commuter... and also a BMW as my 'fun' car, and a big ol' Yukon as my 'work' vehicle. Each serves its purpose. I wouldn't use the BMW to haul a fully-loaded trailer, wouldn't expect the Yukon to get nearly 40 MPG for commuting, and wouldn't take the Hyundai down windy mountain roads at 80 and expect it to thrill... Similarly, I have an HK pistol I love, an LC9 for daily carry, and a cheap-ass (but good, I think) $400 Windham AR too. I'm either an equal opportunity offender, or an equal-opportunist... think what you like.

Having said that. I'd not part with my bimmer or my HK for love or money, and I'm definitely lined up to get the compact VP9... Seeing as how my regular-size VP9 has been (pun intended) bulletproof.
    DGAF

(Indiana County)

Wow, calling someone a shit poster because they think $45 is costly for a magazine?

I'm agreeing with ammo here, there's some serious snark going on here.

I'm starting to see why H&K owners get poked at...

I think the $30 Century charges for a Canik mag is costly for what it is, guess I'm a shit poster too...

You think you have a good read on someone by their previous posts, guess not.

(Allegheny County)

Avoiding the silly snob discussion, I don't think HK's mag pricing is all HK's choice. It may be a factor, but you also have to consider the fact that Glock is a whole lot more popular (probably the most popular handgun brand) than HK. They have economies of scale working on their side. I'd also consider the construction of the P30/VP9 magazine. All steel, really nice quality, and made in a place where labor probably isn't cheap (though it probably isn't cheap for Glock either). If you look at HK's full sized USP 9/40 magazines, you'll find their closer to that of Glock (polymer over metal), and the pricing of those is much more similar... At CDNN, USP 9/40 mags normal price is $30. CDNN currently has Glock magazines on sale for $20, regular price listed as $30 (though I doubt they'll actually sell them at $30).

(Montgomery County)

Wait, am I the shit poster or is Ammo?

Really I should have clarified more in my post. It certainly looks like a fine handgun but the Glock 26 does have a few pros over it mostly in the practicality space. Mag price and availability is one of them. Also holster choice, price, parts availability, etc.

HK also isn't the only manufacturer with expensive mags either. Sig and Ruger mags don't come cheap. Really no one gets close to Glock that I know of. Just one more thing to weigh when choosing a pistol.

(York County)

For anyone interested this guy/place has good prices on HK mags.

http://www.crosscreekguns.com/HKmags.html
    Live Free or Die! FJB!!!

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Wait, am I the shit poster or is Ammo?

Really I should have clarified more in my post. It certainly looks like a fine handgun but the Glock 26 does have a few pros over it mostly in the practicality space. Mag price and availability is one of them. Also holster choice, price, parts availability, etc.

HK also isn't the only manufacturer with expensive mags either. Sig and Ruger mags don't come cheap. Really no one gets close to Glock that I know of. Just one more thing to weigh when choosing a pistol.
    I believe you are the shit poster.

I like to have six to twelve mags per gun, some more.
    The thought of spending $300-450 or so on mags is a turn off for me as well, guess I'm a shit poster...

Quote Originally Posted by chkrdflg View Post
    For anyone interested this guy/place has good prices on HK mags.

http://www.crosscreekguns.com/HKmags.html
    That's where I buy my HKs, he's good people.
    Last edited by Justin///M; March 18th, 2017 at 10:45 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast