Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Police Crimes out number CCW Data

Attached is a PDF data titled "Police Integrity Lost. A Study of Law Enforcement Officers Arrested. For 2005-2011
    Here is the proof that CC citizens are a hell of a lot law-abiding then the police.

I refer you to start out on page 180 on for "Rates of Officers Arrested in the 200 largest Agencies, Non-metropolitan Agencies, Arrested in Sheriffs Offices,
    Arrested in County Police Departments, Arrested in 500 Largest Municipal Police Departments and on and on.

Tables start on page 240

Copy and paste the data you want to send to your rep to prove that CC are more law abiding than the police and full reciprocity is an advantage to the people not a threat.

I forgot how to attach. Here's the website: https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/249850.pdf There are 671 pages.

Default Re: Police Crimes out number CCW Data

Yup, saw the same data.

I'm not bashing cops, but I've always thought that the LEOSA was a crock of shit.

(Chester County)

Here's what Costello said in his newsletter:
    H.R. 38: Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act: As you may know, I helped introduce the Fix NICS Act and the Domestic Violence Records Reporting Improvement Act – both efforts to improve the reports made to our records systems that are utilized for background checks, including the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). This week, H.R. 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act, was considered on the House Floor. The legislation on the House Floor combined provisions of the Fix NICS Act with the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. While I recently applauded passage of the Fix NICS Act out of the House Judiciary Committee, I voted no for H.R. 38 on the House Floor, as it included provisions that would allow gun owners from other states to conceal carry in Pennsylvania –even if the permitting process in their state is weaker than that required of Pennsylvanians. Pennsylvania has appropriate and constitutional laws related to carrying firearms, and no state should be allowed to effectively impede the laws implemented and considered reasonable by Pennsylvanians themselves. In the Commonwealth, residents know that having a permit to carry a firearm means certain public safety standards have been met. In addition, Pennsylvania can enter into a reciprocity agreement if it is determined appropriate at the state level.

My response: "In other words, you agree that law abiding women, the handicapped and the aged citizens, contrary to the second amendment, Has NO RIGHTS TO DEFEND themselves in any other state. You know, those other states that you want PA residents to pay taxes on items we buy outside of PA. The old saying is, if you want to know the character of person, give him power. Your denial of HR38 proves you believe you are a god and you will decide if the people of Pennsylvania has a right to defend themselves in another state.

As a member of the Marine Corps League, I will pass the word to the vets who fought FOR ALL OF AMERICA to see that your godly ass is voted out."
    Last edited by ideaman; December 10th, 2017 at 01:43 PM.

(Luzerne County)

I hate cops that get arrested as it just makes our job harder. But, it’s not proof of anything, since the statistic of a person with a CCW does not come into play unless it’s a firearm offense. So a person with a LTCF can be a thief, burglar, etc. No one knows unless someone has a data base on LTCF’s that are revoked and their reasons for the revocation.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    I hate cops that get arrested as it just makes our job harder. But, it’s not proof of anything, since the statistic of a person with a CCW does not come into play unless it’s a firearm offense. So a person with a LTCF can be a thief, burglar, etc. No one knows unless someone has a data base on LTCF’s that are revoked and their reasons for the revocation.
    This.

We despise anyone who betrays their badge. It destroys the work we're trying to accomplish, and further isolates us from those we're trying to protect. This in turn encourages the us vs them mentality. By and far, LEOs want to be the good guys, the ones that people can trust.

As for who is more prone to crime between police or someone carrying... someone would have to compile data on LTCFs issued and revoked, and then factor in those who open carry without a LTCF. Otherwise you're making assumptions without a full set of data.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShaulWolf View Post
    This.

We despise anyone who betrays their badge. It destroys the work we're trying to accomplish, and further isolates us from those we're trying to protect. This in turn encourages the us vs them mentality. By and far, LEOs want to be the good guys, the ones that people can trust.

As for who is more prone to crime between police or someone carrying... someone would have to compile data on LTCFs issued and revoked, and then factor in those who open carry without a LTCF. Otherwise you're making assumptions without a full set of data.
    If you “despise anyone that betrays their badge”, why don’t you stop protecting the bad cops and start turning them in when they do bad stuff. The “one bad apple” has turned the whole barrel rotten.

(Bucks County)

The same holds true for all the cops that get caught but covered up for by their equally corrupt 'brothers in blue'.
    Sheriff deputy drunk driving in Newtown this summer comes to mind. Had small children in car, multiple reports of drunk driver, SEVERAL Newtown cops responded. Covered it up nicely. Until some little old lady couldn't keep her mouth shut. God bless her for doing the right thing.

(Chester County)

I understand your point. But I refer you to the Washington Post article on cops and CC in Texas. They broke it down to misdemeanors and felonies and firearms.for both the police and CC.

Found this on crime prevention research center. For Texas:
    The police commits 703/ 683,396 full time officers yearly rate, and for misdemeanors or felonies. 118/ 683,396 for Firearm violations.
    For the concealed carriers: 108/ 1 million for permit holders for misdemeanors or felonies and 24/1million for permit holders for firearms violations

As with most politicians , he's talking out his ass. PA has some of the weakest standards. Other states require testing on knowledge of use of deadly force , gun safety and basic marksmanship training.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    As with most politicians , he's talking out his ass. PA has some of the weakest standards. Other states require testing on knowledge of use of deadly force , gun safety and basic marksmanship training.
    Per John Stossel, NYC requires that you indicate understanding of the definitions of:
    • "Butterfly Knife"
    • "Gravity Knife"
    • "Kung Fu Stars"

For a handgun permit...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast