Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default Firefield 10-40X50--Mounted (pics)

To start I am basically a groundhog hunter. I have been tutoring my Grand Daughter (Soph in college) on the fundamentals of shooting a scoped, center fire rifle.

My current shooter is a Ruger .204 NEF single shot. Me and the NEF are doing pretty good on shooting chucks. Mounted on top is a 6-24X40, which has served me well. The bonus is my Grand Baby handles the .204 pretty darn good.

I mentioned about going to a 10-40X50 and she must have picked that up from me or someone in the family.

Well, one of my clan whispered that my student bought me a Firefield Tactical 10-40X50 for Christmas. That was huge leap for her on a limited budget. What a proud Pop-Pop am I. When she passes the Hunter Safety course, I will try to let her send one down range, at a ground Grizzly. 250 yards cranked up to 40 power. She won't miss with that .204 and the new scope.

NO, it's not a top of the line scope I know that. With the low recoil .204 it should be OK for a few years.

Your opinions on the pluses and minuses of this scope would be appreciated and I would try to counter the negatives with my stance or opinion.

Thanks, fossil
    Last edited by ImAfossil; December 10th, 2014 at 11:32 AM. Reason: add and expand
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Firefield 10-40X50--Mounted (pics)

Some pics of the scope mounted up and ready to scare the beejeeezus out of those groundhogs.

First, the scope (on the firearm) has to go under the tree. Fair enough for me.

First blush with the 10-40x50---This may be the most important piece. I emailed Firefield with questions about the turrets. They got back to me in an hour---Off to a good start.

Reticles---Mil-dot black, green and red
    Fast adjust diopter on back of eye relief---Cleared up fuzzy, dual lined hairs and dots quickly. I could never get hairs on any scope that precise, that fast.
    Parallax (yardage) and zoom knobs petty smooth.
    Large turrets, but not locking style. Only downside I found.
    The thing is a huge 50mm--Both ends of the scope.

It comes with rings, Weaver style not the best, but the .204 has hardly any recoil--I will give them a try.

If it holds zero when I sight it in----My Grand Daughter hit a home run for her Pop-Pop.

I haven't touched all of the bases. Any questions, hit me with them.

fossil
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

(Washington County)

Default Re: Firefield 10-40X50--Mounted (pics)

That is great! Family bonding at its best.

Should be a great scope. Merry Christmas!
    FOAC Member, NRA Member