Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dick requires ID to show Citizenship now for Ammo SSSS

First let me say this is from another web site I will not buy from dicks ever again after what they pulled. This was the Altoona Pa Dicks.
    Announcement: I went into Dick's Sporting good to buy a 100 round brick of 12 Gauge for some upcoming clay shooting (because they had it in stock). I went to pay with cash and the person at the register pointed to the touch-pad and asked me to VERIFY MY CITIZENSHIP! I told her no, I didn't have to do that. She said if I wanted to buy ammo at Dicks' I had to. I said no again. She asked to see my ID so she could verify it herself. I pushed the ammo back across the counter and told her to forget it. I'll never go back. Don't give in people.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Dick requires ID to show Citizenship now for Ammo SSSS

Haha, now they probably think they stopped an illegal from buying ammo
    Jesus is Lord !

(Philadelphia County)

Unfortunately this is becoming the norm. I can't find a place in Philly that doesn't require you to show ID. Online sales require it also.

My issue is them keeping my name or ID number when I buy. I refuse to buy at stores that keep the info in anyway. Flashing my ID I don't really mind.

The citizen part is from left field. "F" them.
    Last edited by one_Self; April 1st, 2013 at 03:36 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by one_Self View Post
    Unfortunately this is becoming the norm. I can't find a place in Philly that doesn't require you to show ID. Online sales require it also.

My issue is them keeping my name or ID number when I buy. I refuse to buy at stores that keep the info in anyway. Flashing my ID I don't really mind.

The citizen part is from left field. "F" them.
    No ID required here.
    http://www.bulkammo.com/

Prices have risen along with everyone else though.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Sounds like a real dick move to me.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

The registers at Dick's have been prompting for citizen Yes/No since the summer. I haven't been in there for purchases in some time, but I'm doing a store walk there Friday, I'll check if they're still doing it. Last time I did buy there, the question was Yes/No. I just clicked yes, gave the girl cash, verified my birthday (self-supplied), and walked out. For all she knew, I could have lied on the citizenship question, and lied on the birthday question. No harm no foul. I'd be more concerned that someone crossed the lines and ended their boycott of Dick's early (or hasn't done it at all). Dick's is a POS, but it has nothing to do with how their registers operate.

(Allegheny County)

I was killing time at the new one in Upper Saint Clair and there were three or four of us in their tiny gun dept and not one of us was buying. We were all checking out the ammunition selection none were looking at the guns. Three guys behind the counter kept asking us if we needed help. They had the Nikon scope I've been looking at for my new Remington 700 .223 in the display case didn't even bother wasting their time to look at it. Figured the more people who blow them off and just look and don't buy will be a nice psychological game for the employees to ponder.

None of us are supposed to be shopping there they are under a boycott since they pulled all of their AR's off the shelf!
    I love how quickly gun owners forget things!

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    psychological game for the employees to ponder.
    Just an FYI that it's not really the employees who are setting these policies. DKS is a large, publicly-traded company. I got news for you, the employees don't make the rules.

It's fine to vote with your dollars, and maybe even speak to the manager, but don't beat up on the employees.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sinkrun View Post
    First let me say this is from another web site I will not buy from dicks ever again after what they pulled. This was the Altoona Pa Dicks.
    Announcement: I went into Dick's Sporting good to buy a 100 round brick of 12 Gauge for some upcoming clay shooting (because they had it in stock). I went to pay with cash and the person at the register pointed to the touch-pad and asked me to VERIFY MY CITIZENSHIP! I told her no, I didn't have to do that. She said if I wanted to buy ammo at Dicks' I had to. I said no again. She asked to see my ID so she could verify it herself. I pushed the ammo back across the counter and told her to forget it. I'll never go back. Don't give in people.
    I was not asked for ID just asked to hit the " us citizen yes or no". I laugh everytime I see. That. Really? Like a non USA terrorist will answer "no" and then complain. Simply buy from a small vendor...problem solved.

Btw, it's probably the same people that made the airlines ask if you had a bomb. Really? I'm sure that stopped all the terrorists as they are so honest.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast