Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STG44

(Cumberland County)

Default STG44

I know it has been discussed in the past - but just threw one on layaway for a few weeks. $389 delivered in the mock WWII case - seems like a good deal. I have seen them for $299 w/o the case and $329 with the case plus shipping, so I figured $389 total and having up to 90 days to pay ( I never last more than 30 ) was pretty good. Anyone own? I have heard mostly good - suppose to be a good replica gun. I finally got the itch again after watching Fury last night - lol.

Last edited by cruzans; February 7th, 2015 at 11:18 PM.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: STG44

Every time I see that you have a new thread I take off my hat, place my hand on my heart, and gently weep at the beauty of what it means to be an American.

LOL!
    God bless you. Buy as many as you can!!!

I've never even held one of those, but I'd buy one without hesitation. The GSG guns seem to run pretty well overall. I've never had a problem with my GSG AK47.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lackawanna County)

I did that presentation box, if you could call it that.
    neckbeard extrordinaire

(Philadelphia County)

At SHOT Show a German company unveiled an STG-44 in 8mm Kurz. Unfortunately it's MSRP is $5000.

(Elk County)

The GSG "44" is surprisingly heavy for a 22LR; I guess they made it that way for realism because the original is a hefty piece. Still, there's a part of my brain that says a 22 semi auto should not weigh the same as an FAL.

LGS has sold multiple copies without complaints that I know of. Like the rest of GSG replica 22s, lots of die cast bits inside, and very thin walled steel barrels. But thy seem to run, as my early GSG MP 5 lookalike will attest.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    The GSG "44" is surprisingly heavy for a 22LR; I guess they made it that way for realism because the original is a hefty piece. Still, there's a part of my brain that says a 22 semi auto should not weigh the same as an FAL.

LGS has sold multiple copies without complaints that I know of. Like the rest of GSG replica 22s, lots of die cast bits inside, and very thin walled steel barrels. But thy seem to run, as my early GSG MP 5 lookalike will attest.

Noah
    Although I've never looked up the specs my 22 AK feels nearly identical in weight to my WASR AK.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    At SHOT Show a German company unveiled an STG-44 in 8mm Kurz. Unfortunately it's MSRP is $5000.
    It seems there is a German company making a version and selling it for $2400 USD in Canada:

https://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/produ...roductid=74987

I bought one about 6 months ago - I think I got a Deal, They had 2 on the rack, One marked $299 the other $379, I asked the guy what the difference was, He didn't know.

Of course I took the $299 one, He brings it out and says, "Yeah this one comes in a nice wooden box, that other one comes in a cardboard box" - Who was I to argue. I was thinking the other one at least came with spare magazines, But after researching, I think they had them priced backwards.

You'll enjoy it, Get some spare mags, Lots of fun. They are about 1 pound less than the original and pretty much field strip same as original, they did a great job with it.

Now if they would only come out with an FG42.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    I read about that too. Good news is PTR is bringing back their PTR32 which is basically a 91 in 7.62x39, which is pretty much a direct descendant of the StG44 and WAY cheaper, around $1200-1300 expected shop price. I'd take either of them over the .22 knockoff.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Cumberland County)

Finally got to the range with the STG44 today -flawless. A blast to shoot. The rifle is so heavy you don't feel a thing when shooting. Only negative is the magazines - pain in the ass to load. Rounds don't go in smooth even if you use the plunger thing on the side. Rounds don't want to go in all the way, then they move around, blah, blah, blah. Kind of a pain, just need to be patient. Great plinker!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast