Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Gun confiscation Trump WH

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    The only good choices would have been one of the pauls.
    The rest would cave to the deep state. And we would be back
    to having a bush type in office.
    Romney just said trump didn't live up to presidential expectations See what I'm saying?
    I'm SO GLAD he didn't live up to "presidential" standards.

MAGA
    Agreed...just imagine if Trump wasn't such an egotistical prick, he'd be caving to the noisy loony lefties all over the place.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Beaver County)

What a bunch of sunshine patriots you guys are, no wonder the Marxists will control the House.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Agreed...just imagine if Trump wasn't such an egotistical prick, he'd be caving to the noisy loony lefties all over the place.
    That too. I had enough of hussein, dont need another 8yrs of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    That too. I had enough of hussein, dont need another 8yrs of the same.
    This is what he/we have to deal with on a daily basis.

(Lackawanna County)

You know, nobody has yet acknowledged the language used in the quote. They're taking guns from those that are "a danger to themselves or others". Is no one going to acknowledge that in theory, all those states would have to do- or the federal government, should a red flag law get passed- is declare that the desire to own firearms is a sign of a clear and present danger? For that matter, I'm about a block and a half away from the nearest school, I'm already not sure I meet the 1000 feet qualification. It comes far too close to tyranny for any of us to be comfortable, what with it ignoring due process and all. Even look up some of the cases that have already happened: if you're so much as related to someone making threats, it goes into effect.

Furthermore, we're apparently still supporting a president in the political arena who has stated he is in favor of these violations of civil liberties. I will give Trump the respect he is due as president, no more, no less. However I cannot in good conscience vote for this man, given his words and his actions. Have we forgotten about the rather terrifying abuse of executive power we're calling the Bump Stock Ban so soon? I see several people here claiming he is simply playing chess, and that we should support him, I suppose because he has some sort of plan. My response is, really? This man has said and done worrying things against the 2nd Amendment while in office, and I am in no way convinced that he is at all in support of our rights. I pray that I'm wrong, but I worry that I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by westscoutguy View Post
    You know, nobody has yet acknowledged the language used in the quote. They're taking guns from those that are "a danger to themselves or others". Is no one going to acknowledge that in theory, all those states would have to do- or the federal government, should a red flag law get passed- is declare that the desire to own firearms is a sign of a clear and present danger? For that matter, I'm about a block and a half away from the nearest school, I'm already not sure I meet the 1000 feet qualification. It comes far too close to tyranny for any of us to be comfortable, what with it ignoring due process and all. Even look up some of the cases that have already happened: if you're so much as related to someone making threats, it goes into effect.

Furthermore, we're apparently still supporting a president in the political arena who has stated he is in favor of these violations of civil liberties. I will give Trump the respect he is due as president, no more, no less. However I cannot in good conscience vote for this man, given his words and his actions. Have we forgotten about the rather terrifying abuse of executive power we're calling the Bump Stock Ban so soon? I see several people here claiming he is simply playing chess, and that we should support him, I suppose because he has some sort of plan. My response is, really? This man has said and done worrying things against the 2nd Amendment while in office, and I am in no way convinced that he is at all in support of our rights. I pray that I'm wrong, but I worry that I'm not.
    Your issues have been addressed. Everybody understands that the definitions get fuzzy and get abused, and half the country thinks that all gun owners are mentally ill racists anyway. At the same time, there really are mentally ill folks who can't be trusted with guns or cars or gasoline, and maybe we should deal with that.

As for supporting Trump, you have to look at the big picture. Sure, you can say "I'm not going to support Trump because he yielded to the 99% of media that were demanding "something" on bump stocks", and I demand perfection." OK, who's your perfect candidate? Someone that matches you exactly on 100 out of 100 issues, someone who stands a real chance of winning a primary and a general election? I'm open to a list of names.

Those who do nothing but drag the Republicans down every 2-4 years, without providing a real option that is likely to promote our interests better, are acting (wittingly or not) as agents of the Democrats, who are NOT going to be closer to your perfect candidate, but do have a solid chance of being elected.

I have no patience for trolls or moles, so if you look like a DNC mole and you act like a DNC mole, expect to be treated like a DNC mole. Before you work really energetically to destroy Trump or the NRA, show me your better alternative. And I don't mean some 2nd or 3rd tier artisanal organization or candidate like Paul or GOA, I mean an alternative that can step up and handle the load at least as well. Someone who Congress fears, someone who can go toe to toe with the vast forces arrayed against us.

Conservative social media are bait for Progressive activists. Try not to look like one.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

All that can be said is Orange Man bad NRA bad.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

I’m glad he hasn’t backed off the wall, and is cleaning house, getting rid of the flotsam that was stabbing him in the back (read Kelly and Mattis). Come 2020, there really are no options. Who in their right mind would vote Dummycrat or RINO? I voted Trump because he was my “other”, I was sick and tired of Democrat lite (establishment Republicans). And you can’t really vote independent because that’s a vote for Democrats.

My biggest problem is he isn’t the 2A friend he was supposed to be or sold himself as.
    Hold the Line...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanvic View Post
    I’m glad he hasn’t backed off the wall, and is cleaning house, getting rid of the flotsam that was stabbing him in the back (read Kelly and Mattis). Come 2020, there really are no options. Who in their right mind would vote Dummycrat or RINO? I voted Trump because he was my “other”, I was sick and tired of Democrat lite (establishment Republicans). And you can’t really vote independent because that’s a vote for Democrats.

My biggest problem is he isn’t the 2A friend he was supposed to be or sold himself as.
    Yep, hold your nose and vote Republican in 2020. While hoping that Pence doesn't resign before then.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Lackawanna County)

DNC mole? Really? First of all, everybody hates me, but Democrats definitely hate me the most. I hard line on gun rights. You're against guns, no vote from me. As for an alternative candidate, Trump was the alternative. Now that he's shown himself to be liberal on gun control, I don't know anyone. And I will rag on Republicans until the party no longer gives in on guns. I'm by no means happy with the NRA either, but there's no chance of a viable alternative there. And again, really, a DNC mole? They're like Russian trolls: probably don't exist.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast