Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Thumbs down Atlantic Tactical-Phila

Stopped in to inquire about a S&W shield, they asked me if I was a cop I said no, said they couldn`t sell to me. I asked why, they said they made a deal with the City of Phila to open in the city they couldn`t sell firearms to the public, only cops, REALLY! I won`t be going back there anytime soon to buy ANYTHING, if I`m not good enough to buy your guns then I don`t need anything from your store.

(York County)

Default Re: Atlantic Tactical-Phila

I stopped into the New Cumberland, PA locations a few weeks ago to see if I could spend some money to support them for pulling out of the ESOS before it was cancelled.

As I was waiting to check out, one of the employees was on the phone and I heard him make a comment to the effect that he did not like it when he had departments that could not get weapons because some "Joe Schmoe" was buying them up. I found that comment to be somewhat offensive and counter to the right of the people to bare arms since now that I am no longer in the military, I am just another "Joe Schmoe" as well as far as they are concerned.

I probably should have hung around until he was off the call to ask him to clarify that, but I didn't.

They had some decent stuff there, but it is a cop shop, and most of it was of no real interest to me and what was, can be had elsewhere for less from what I saw.
    Last edited by Broncitis; February 5th, 2013 at 10:39 PM.

(Delaware County)

Try and call the store in Harrisburg, They are real nice and they are not rude.
    I went to Atlantic Tactical in Phila. once and they did not want to be bother in selling anything. I go to the one in Harrisburg the drive is long but I rather deal with those who are willing to help you and they will answer any ?s that you may have!

(York County)

I stopped in the New Cumberland, PA store a couple of weeks ago just to check it out. It is a very nice, clean facility. There were several customers at the counter but no long lines. I noticed that they had some Winchester Ranger 45acp in stock so I waited for a saleman to come available. When I asked for a box of the ammo I was asked if I was LEO. When I said I was not the guy told me that that ammo could only be sold to LEO's, and was illegal to sell to private citizens (which it is NOT!). I asked him if it was company policy or what. He restated that "That ammo is ONLY for law enforcement. It says so on the box!" I said that doesn't mean that it's illegal for private citizens to buy it too. Didn't make any difference. They wouldn't sell it to me. After I walked out a fellow in uniform (local LEO) stopped me and said, "I know you're right but that's their policy here." Oh well, just another place I won't go anymore since my money and my rights aren't welcome or supported.

(Montgomery County)

I do hate to sound negative about our enforcers of the law but there are many of them out there that truly do see themselves as a species above and apart from the rest of us scumbags and only see it just, right and appropriate that those privileges and benefits they have available to them should be denied to others, just because we are not them..and scumbags.

Many of those charged to serve us truly hate our scumbag guts.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big-O View Post
    I do hate to sound negative about our enforcers of the law but there are many of them out there that truly do see themselves as a species above and apart from the rest of us scumbags and only see it just, right and appropriate that those privileges and benefits they have available to them should be denied to others, just because we are not them..and scumbags.

Many of those charged to serve us truly hate our scumbag guts.
    What does this have to do with a Private Company restricting sales to private individuals?

If Atlantic Tactical had to make a deal with the city in order to open a store, then that is what they had to do. They probably only get the "Police Only" guns in that don't have the extra tax. Same as the Officer Store in Coatesville. There was a thread on here that they couldn't sell certain brands to non-LEOs due to a zoning variance they received when they opened up.

The Winchester Ranger ammo is the same thing. Winchester sells then that ammo at such a cheap price with the understanding that they will only sell it to law enforcement. If they sold it to anyone else, they would be breaking their contract. I've seen people on here selling that same stuff at twice what Atlantic sells it for, and assumed it was a cop trying to double his money.

The guy telling you there is a law against it obviously doesn't know what he's talking about, but in his world, store policy is the law I guess.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

They can't sell to civilians because they probably have a price agreement with the manufacturer/distributor. Ex.. special lower price if AT only sells the ammo to LEO.

The New Cumberland location civilians can buy from the ammo rack in front of the lights and laser display case. They cannot buy ammo from behind the counter.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by miked30-06 View Post
    Stopped in to inquire about a S&W shield, they asked me if I was a cop I said no, said they couldn`t sell to me. I asked why, they said they made a deal with the City of Phila to open in the city they couldn`t sell firearms to the public, only cops, REALLY! I won`t be going back there anytime soon to buy ANYTHING, if I`m not good enough to buy your guns then I don`t need anything from your store.
    My name is Sean Conville and I'm the owner of Atlantic Tactical. I'm very sorry to hear about your negative experience in our Philadelphia store. The fact is, in order to obtain the variance necessary to sell firearms at that location, we had to obtain an approval from the local homeowners association. I personally attended two hearings and tried to reassure the residents that we are an honest, law abiding company. In the end, the only way they would agree to the variance was if we restricted sales at this store to Public Safety (Police, Fire, EMS, Security, Military) personnel. This is NOT a company policy. Indeed, anyone can purchase firearms at our New Cumberland, PA store and our Somerset, NJ stores. I am a lifetime member of the NRA and fully support the 2nd Amendment. I do apologize, however, if our staff made you feel less welcome than any of our law enforcement customers. I will definitely look into the matter and address this issue.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by franklinman View Post
    I stopped in the New Cumberland, PA store a couple of weeks ago just to check it out. It is a very nice, clean facility. There were several customers at the counter but no long lines. I noticed that they had some Winchester Ranger 45acp in stock so I waited for a saleman to come available. When I asked for a box of the ammo I was asked if I was LEO. When I said I was not the guy told me that that ammo could only be sold to LEO's, and was illegal to sell to private citizens (which it is NOT!). I asked him if it was company policy or what. He restated that "That ammo is ONLY for law enforcement. It says so on the box!" I said that doesn't mean that it's illegal for private citizens to buy it too. Didn't make any difference. They wouldn't sell it to me. After I walked out a fellow in uniform (local LEO) stopped me and said, "I know you're right but that's their policy here." Oh well, just another place I won't go anymore since my money and my rights aren't welcome or supported.
    Franklinman, my name is Sean Conville and I'm the owner of Atlantic Tactical. I apologize for the way that our staff conducted themselves during your recent visit. We have added quite a bit of new staff over the past 60 days to deal with the huge increase in firearms related business. One of the problems that adding new people poses is the lack of knowledge about our products or policies. You are correct, there is no law restriction commercial/civilian ownership of Winchester Ranger ammunition. However, Winchester requires that we sign an agreement to only sell Ranger ammunition to law enforcement officers and agencies. Winchester enforces this policy vigorously and has removed more than one distributor for violation of this policy since we've been doing business with them. If you find them for sale, the odds are the gun shop is not buying direct from Winchester and has found someone willing to violate this agreement to get a quick sale. If you are still interested in a law enforcement grade ammunition from Winchester, I would suggest their PDX1 ammunition. It is the same bullet as the Ranger Bonded but marketed under a civilian label. Again, I apologize for the misinformation that we provided you and I hope you will give us another shot.

(Philadelphia County)

You got any Glock 19s for sale to civilians?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast