Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Old Country Buffet - Told to cover, cops called, conflicting stories

I'm posting this in OC section because of the amazing parallels in situation and jargon to the rare, very bad encounters posted here a few times a year. Please watch this video.

"Legal in this state," but "upsetting customers" (yeah right). Told to "cover." Police are called and Manager of OCB claims all sorts of bad behavior by the patrons that they deny.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4145136/m...stage-nurse-in

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Old Country Buffet - Told to cover, cops called, conflicting stories

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I'm posting this in OC section because of the amazing parallels in situation and jargon to the rare, very bad encounters posted here a few times a year. Please watch this video.

"Legal in this state," but "upsetting customers" (yeah right). Told to "cover." Police are called and Manager of OCB claims all sorts of bad behavior by the patrons that they deny.

Hmm well I fail to see the parallel. Exercising a CONSTITUTIONAL right vs bearing nakedness in public are 2 different things my friend! You can be arrested for being nude in PA but not for OCing. If u OC into a gas station or something of the such they might think you are LEO and you could even get a free "cop" coffee too but if you wander in naked I think you are likely to just wind up in jail or with your picture on the internet or both!

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Old Country Buffet - Told to cover, cops called, conflicting stories

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Ninja View Post
    Hmm well I fail to see the parallel. Exercising a CONSTITUTIONAL right vs bearing nakedness in public are 2 different things my friend! You can be arrested for being nude in PA but not for OCing. If u OC into a gas station or something of the such they might think you are LEO and you could even get a free "cop" coffee too but if you wander in naked I think you are likely to just wind up in jail or with your picture on the internet or both!
    As a friend of mine once said, "That's the problem with this country, you have to explain your nudity."

§ 3127. Indecent exposure.

(a) Offense defined.--A person commits indecent exposure if that person exposes his or her genitals in any public place or in any place where there are present other persons under circumstances in which he or she knows or should know that this conduct is likely to offend, affront or alarm.

(b) Grading.--If the person knows or should have known that any of the persons present are less than 16 years of age, indecent exposure under subsection (a) is a misdemeanor of the first degree. Otherwise, indecent exposure under subsection (a) is a misdemeanor of the second degree.

(Northampton County)

There is no constitutional right to Open Carry*. But it is legal in PA. Open Carry of a boobie is legal there as well

Anyway, if you watched the video, the story is eerie, including the place and language of the event. I found it stunning. Not politically speaking.

*How's "...shall not be infringed." and "...shall not be questioned" working out for you?

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Ninja View Post
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
    Since boobies aren't genitals (which negates indecent exposure), it appears this would fall into the realm of powers retained by the people under the 10th amendment. In which case, it would be parallel.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Since boobies aren't genitals (which negates indecent exposure), it appears this would fall into the realm of powers retained by the people under the 10th amendment. In which case, it would be parallel.
    Now, wait, I thought boobies were parallel to each other and preferably, to the ground plane as well...
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post

This is a clear case of OC in a public place! Her gun (44 MAG.) was exposed and she refused to cover it. Uninformed John Q Citizen does not like it or thinks its against the law! So he JQC gripes to managment! Managment un informed as well orders a cover up. She explains I dont have to cover up!
    (She needs to have OC flyer to hand out) I would like the cops to run the serial # on her gun in their data base

(Allegheny County)

Question Re: Old Country Buffet - Told to cover, cops called, conflicting stories

Quote Originally Posted by DonSmithnotTMD View Post
    As a friend of mine once said, "That's the problem with this country, you have to explain your nudity."

§ 3127. Indecent exposure.

(a) Offense defined.--A person commits indecent exposure if that person exposes his or her genitals in any public place or in any place where there are present other persons under circumstances in which he or she knows or should know that this conduct is likely to offend, affront or alarm.

(b) Grading.--If the person knows or should have known that any of the persons present are less than 16 years of age, indecent exposure under subsection (a) is a misdemeanor of the first degree. Otherwise, indecent exposure under subsection (a) is a misdemeanor of the second degree.

Where can I get some pamphlets with the above to hand out and educate those who would look to thwart open carrying of the female breast?

I wasn't there and I'm not going to comment about the whether or not it is tasteful to openly breast feed in a restaurant...

What the hell is a matter with people? It's just a breast! Every woman's got 'em! I'm sure most people in the restaurant at the time have seen more than a couple in their day. If not, Google is a wonderful tool. No need to call the cops!

If there is one this I cannot understand it is our society's uptight nature when it comes to nudity/sexuality.

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Monroe County)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like PA law only prohibits the exposure of the genitals. The breasts are not the genitals. This is how indecent exposure laws work in a lot of states. Because the breasts are not genitals, the only time it's illegal to expose them is when you are "flashing", or exposing them on purpose to attract attention or "show off."

This may not be the case in Pennsylvania, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Fun fact: many of you know that Vermont allows CC or OC without any sort of license. But did you also know that Vermont does not prohibit public nudity? That's right, there is no law against taking a leisurely stroll down main street in the nude. The University of Vermont (UVM) students do two "naked bike rides" every year. It's quite a thing to see when you're on your way to work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast