Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig p365 review

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Sig p365 review

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I have a hard time thinking that. Kel-Tec designed the PF9 and the P3AT with an average 1000-1500 round life some fail way before others have lasted longer, the difference is it says Keltec on the side and they cost $225 and below.

I pay $500-$550 for a Sig Sauer and then another $35-$50.00 per magazine and then a holster it better be a hell of a lot more then just another evidence room gun capable of an acceptable round count before a complete out of commission failure.

Has money really become this worthless?
    So you're comparing the Sig P365 to a saturday night special?
    High five.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Some information on the Glock 43x and Glock 48 which look like they are going to be micro compacts in competition to the p365. The link includes a video of the guns and a bit of a comparison to the p365.

https://www.firearmrack.com/glock-43x-review-glock-48/

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    So you're comparing the Sig P365 to a saturday night special?
    High five.
    If it shits the bed at 2K rounds and buyers are cool with it then sure why not.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Some information on the Glock 43x and Glock 48 which look like they are going to be micro compacts in competition to the p365. The link includes a video of the guns and a bit of a comparison to the p365.

Better late then never I guess.

(Chester County)

If I didn’t have an M&P Shield then I might consider those options. I’d definitely choose them over the Sig P365. The only time I carry my Shield anymore is when I go to NJ (covered by LEOSA). All the other times I am carrying off duty is my Gen 5 Glock 17, sometimes my M&P 2.0 Compact in .40.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    If it shits the bed at 2K rounds and buyers are cool with it then sure why not.
    "It" was produced earlier than my gun and didn't have the redesigned striker, so "it" isnt what I'm carrying.

I still love the thing. I was just thinking today about how great it is that I can get my wallet out of my back pocket while I'm carrying OWB at 4:00. I could never do that before. It's incredibly easy & comfortable to carry, the trigger, grip texture and night sights are great, it's accurate, it feels good in my hands, so yes, I'm definitely cool with it.

(Montgomery County)

I picked up my Sig on Thursday and got it out to the range today. I have been thinking about buying this gun for a while as seen in this thread here and appreciate the feedback people gave me as I was making my decision.

I really wanted to like this gun......... and I did, it lived up to all my expectations. After today it is my new carry gun with no reservations what so ever.

I put about 200 rounds through it today. About 1/2 at 8 yards and 1/2 at 15 yards. I shot a combination of fMJ, Hollowpoints, and Federal Premium self defense ammo. I did about half with a 12 round magazine and 1/2 with a 10 round magazine. I practiced with both my right and left hand. I did not have a single problem, flaw or hiccup. It ran like a champ.

Pluses:
    1. Fit my hand well.
    2. Nice heft/weight on the gun. Recoil was very manageable and no worse (possibly better than) than other 9mm single stacks I’ve owned (Shield, LC9S, Springfield Xd, P938)
    3. I liked the trigger
    4. Very small and concealable
    5. 10 plus one or 12 plus 1
    6. Once I got the sight picture down, I shot it very accurately (at least accurate for me)
    7. Easy to break down and clean
    8. Ate everything I put in it and ran like a champ
    9. Was honestly fun to shoot

Minuses.....
    Frame had a strange mark on it which I discussed in this thread. (Again, thanks to all who gave feedback) But that’s it...... there was literally nothing I disliked about the gun today and had a ball shooting it. Nothing like getting to the club and no one is on the range you want to use..... and then the new gun is just plain fun to shoot.

The born on date for my gun was November 24th. Hopefully they’ve got the bugs worked out. I hope that no problems pop up in the future and that others who decide to buy one have the same experience I did.
    Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy. I rented one about a week ago and I fell in love so It's on the list to buy this year. Since it was rental it only had the stock 10 mag. I don't have big hands and the only knock I have is I wanted just a smidge more real estate so I'm hoping the 12 round does the trick. The wizardry they have pulled off with a gun that size is just delicious!.
    Eddie

Paul Harrell will be doing a review on the 365 next week. Probably my favorite gun channel and one of the few reviews I look forward to.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Q...68zynSa0hZy9uQ

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by shagreobe View Post
    Since the wifey and I cannot decide which of us gets the next gun, we decided that the dog will buy a p365 for us to share. almost put one on layaway at dunhams last night
    Had one for a few months now. Couple hundred rounds through it. had a stovepipe, then the next round didnt load right. these were with winchester rounds. anything else we put through it work great. Love that little thing!

Quote Originally Posted by shagreobe View Post
    Had one for a few months now. Couple hundred rounds through it. had a stovepipe, then the next round didnt load right. these were with winchester rounds. anything else we put through it work great. Love that little thing!
    Nice, over the years, Winchester seems to be the one ammo that I have the most trouble with.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast