Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Invited to a neighborhood CeaseFirePa meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    ...I don't approve of much that they do, I loathe their scare-monger fundraising tactics, and I think Wayne Lapiere's salary and compensation package is obscene.
    so stop funding it

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by freesoul View Post
    so stop funding it
    That is not the answer either. Education is the best tool.

Wayne makes what an organization of this size get's paid.

http://www.charitywatch.org/hottopics/Top25.html

Wayne has been the boss for many years, up against some on that list that have only been there a year or 2.
    Do you want the head of the Boy Scouts to make more than Wayne?
    Look at the salaries of those CEOs and COOs of large charities that I would bet most of us donate to every year, are they obscene also? No, not to anyone that understands that is what the cost is for a leader of something as large as these are.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but NRA bashing as a result of a meeting of anti gunners in Radnor Township Delaware County is uncalled for IMHO.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by IGPJAP View Post
    You need help
    No our country does because many people like you dont see the obvious.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    All due respect, but there was no mention of race in this thread, or in the meeting notes provided by M1aFan. The only one who appears to want to make this a discussion of race is you. This thread was meant to be about what M1aFan saw and heard at a CeaseFire meeting; let's keep it that way, and not wander off into an off-topic diatribe of race. While I don't have a problem with race being part of a discussion, and while a mere mention of race isn't racist in and of itself, I don't see how race is a factor in the scope of this thread or discussion. Especially at a CeaseFire meeting in Radnor, where I'll wager a bet that most of the attendees looking for more gun restrictions were not racial minorities whom you claim are the problem.

This isn't the first time you've tried to troll a thread with a somewhat-related-but-not-really post that pushed your own agenda; stop trying to steer the discussion away from the core issue, which is what CeaseFire is up to these days and how they're trying to get more people on-board.

This post doesn't help either. Either positively contribute to the thread, or don't.
    I stand by my opinion of what the problem is and reading carfully its not minorities that are the problem but liberals who give them a victim mentality and no accountability. We can kiss our guns goodbye if people are so afraid to talk about this because it is an issue and reason for this. I live in a neighborhood that is largly minority and many public assistance beneficiaries. I have had five guys shoot indiscriminatley at one end of my street at two guys at the other end with no regard for human life.

Guess what? None of the thugs looked anything like me. At the trial I got the chance to hear what I already knew from growying up without the baby daddy around to public assistance galore.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    Thank you, but there are many that see any discussion of race to be racist even when its the facts. Those people should really read it and notice my goal is for equal rights for all and special rights for none.
    Chamberedround does have a point. Race wasn't mentioned in this thread. BUT, race has every damn thing to do with it.Unfortunately, paofa cant accept the fact (truth), due to being labeled a "racist" website. They have to play the game too, Just like the media. I'm sick and tired of the excuses. Tell the truth? hah... The "sensitive" community cant handle it.

The great gun debate will go absolutely nowhere, as long as we hide from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by freesoul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf
    ...I don't approve of much that they do, I loathe their scare-monger fundraising tactics, and I think Wayne Lapiere's salary and compensation package is obscene.
    so stop funding it
    I prefer to have my membership count toward their total when Congresscritters look at how many votes the NRA might be able to influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
    Look at the salaries of those CEOs and COOs of large charities that I would bet most of us donate to every year, are they obscene also?
    Since you ask ... yes, they are.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Chamberedround does have a point. Race wasn't mentioned in this thread. BUT, race has every damn thing to do with it.Unfortunately, paofa cant accept the fact (truth), due to being labeled a "racist" website. They have to play the game too, Just like the media. I'm sick and tired of the excuses. Tell the truth? hah... The "sensitive" community cant handle it.

The great gun debate will go absolutely nowhere, as long as we hide from the truth.
    Very true. I am glad a long standing member sees that. Unlike many though I do respect a dissenting opinion.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Since you ask ... yes, they are.
    I am sensing jealousy over a mans ability to make what he is worth.
    I hope you are not joining in with the hate of success, because I think if you had the opportunity to lead a huge organization you would want to demand what the market will bear.

I so hate the screw the rich men theme that is going on. They are successful so hate them. It is hate and it is jealousy.

Wayne has been with the NRA since 1971,(42 years) been in charge since 1991 (22 years)and has grown the membership from 1 million to 4.3 or 4.5. He has a Masters from Boston College for God sake.
    What would be an appropriate salary based on your thinking?

Maybe if you are at your job that long you will be able to turn down the obscene money you could be offered.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    I stand by my opinion of what the problem is and reading carfully its not minorities that are the problem but liberals who give them a victim mentality and no accountability. We can kiss our guns goodbye if people are so afraid to talk about this because it is an issue and reason for this. I live in a neighborhood that is largly minority and many public assistance beneficiaries. I have had five guys shoot indiscriminatley at one end of my street at two guys at the other end with no regard for human life.

Guess what? None of the thugs looked anything like me. At the trial I got the chance to hear what I already knew from growying up without the baby daddy around to public assistance galore.
    That's all well and good, and might be relevant in some other discussion, but not this one. Again, I didn't say I had a problem with discussions of race, assuming they're relevant to the discussion (or are the core topic of the discussion), and they don't turn into straight-up racist rants. And, I concede that race is part of a larger issue in the gun debate, to be sure. But as far as the OP's discussion of the CeaseFire meeting, not so much.

You've been warned twice... keep it on topic or action will be taken.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast