Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Would you be okay with a bump fire stock ban in exchange for nation reciprocity

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes I would

87 50.29%
  • No I would not

86 49.71%
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Poll: would you trade bump fire stocks for national reciprocity?

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I guess everyone will also be OK with mag restrictions too, so long as they can still carry a handgun with 5 rounds in it in every state.
    Yeah man if we get national reciprocity in return what do we need 5 rounds for? Fred might only need 3, Jimmy might need 2 and Joe Bob might need only 1, so if Joe Bob only needs 1, that should be sufficient right? Why not? We're getting national reciprocity!

It is astonishing to sit and read today how easy our side just runs up the white flag and surrenders. I'm so personally disgusted today with all this.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    No thanks.
    If I saw twenty people saying that nobody needs high capacity magazines and they think it would be a good deal, I think I'd puke.
    Agree, I think this poll has been eye opening enough, as far as showing folks true colors.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    National reciprocity will allow you to carry nationwide? You sure of that?

I'm not sure where people are getting their information from.
    Its just a poll with a very simple question, yet most people are sharing opinions that are not within the poll contest. Of course if it was reality it would not be the same. I replied to the poll within the parameters offered by the OP.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

In response to #71

We are talking about a product with very little practical purpose other than 'merica that allows a crucial piece of our self defense puzzle (msr) to function like a highly regulated machine gun (kind of). To me it is very different from magazine size in that it is function changing. Much more so than the sigbrace. Heck I have one of those too. It's a great door stop now.

But back on track - I see the other side's particular issue with these in regards to alteration of function. No I don't trust our congressmen let alone theirs. No I don't believe in blaming objects and feel good bans. Yes, if the trade in the op was a guarantee I'd take it.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Yes. In a minute.
    Would you trade a bump fire for a hubcap?

(Clearfield County)

Well I can tell you right now none of you are going to get national carry, but you just might get bumpfire stocks banned, hope you enjoy the "compromise"

(Beaver County)

The only "compromise" we are going to get is bump fire will be banned plus who knows what else instead of another looming AWB. So anyone thinking some good for us will come out of this is purely dreaming.

And anyone of you that are willing to give up any freedoms at this point after all the chest pounding that goes on here, including all those single issue voters, can suck it.

But I digress. This board does have some members who are more than willing to let someone else's rights erode as long as it dosent effect them personally.

You should take up smoking so you know how it feels to be abused.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Luzerne County)

Would I trade bump fire for? Nope.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

Would you trade open carry for national recipircal carry?

Would you limit mag capacity for national recipracal carry?

Would you sell out your nieghbor? Your brother? Your father?

We stand together or fall alone.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Chester County)

NO, NO AND HELL NO!

National reciprocity is yet another power grab by the federal government.

Outlawing bumpfire stocks is yet another power grab by the federal government.

Ben Franklin wrote, "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Many of you here are advocating for temporary safety, I think you need to reflect further upon your committment to the liberty and freedom you often rail about. Freedom is not safe, freedom is the most dangerous form of governance, however, it is the form of governance that our Founding Fathers chose, drafted and endorsed, bound by a Constitution that has stood the test of time. Many of you and countless others like you have stood, raised your right hand and swore to uphold that Constitution, or come home in a body bag. For that I thank you.

Your committment and sacrifice was not for temporary safety, it was to ensure our continued, essential liberties. Bowing to the pressure of the leftist, elitists in our government is akin to foresaking the travails of all who have served our country in it's times of need. The left's desire to limit our ability to defend ourselves with the firearm of our own choosing is merely one more step along the path to disarmament.

Bump-fire stocks seem like such an easy compromise, but where does that compromise end?

With bump-fire stocks? With standard capacity magazines? With semiautomatic weapons?

Where does it end?

You know where it will eventually end if we continue to give and give and give. They will take,take,take until they have taken away your God given right to defend yourself from them.

So ask yourselves, are you willing to purchase a little safety or are you committed to preserving your essential liberties.
    Last edited by eatmydust; October 6th, 2017 at 06:09 AM. Reason: clarification

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast