Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Anti legislation introduced in Harrisburg

Looks like some traitors in Harrisburg are pushing their anti-gun agenda. The following were all introduced to the State House yesterday.

8 HB0018 - Referred to JUDICIARY (Action Date: 01/30/2007) (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/....HTM&theType=H)
    9 HB0019 - Referred to JUDICIARY (Action Date: 01/30/2007) http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...HTM&theType=Hd
    10 HB0020 - Referred to JUDICIARY (Action Date: 01/30/2007) http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/....HTM&theType=H
    11 HB0021 - Referred to JUDICIARY (Action Date: 01/30/2007) http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/....HTM&theType=H
    12 HB0022 - Referred to JUDICIARY (Action Date: 01/30/2007) http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/....HTM&theType=H
    13 HB0023 - Referred to JUDICIARY (Action Date: 01/30/2007) http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/....HTM&theType=H
    14 HB0024 - Referred to JUDICIARY (Action Date: 01/30/2007) http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/....HTM&theType=H
    15 HB0025 - Referred to JUDICIARY (Action Date: 01/30/2007) http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/....HTM&theType=H
    EDIT: I removed HB26 from this list as I mistakenly included.
    EDIT: I removed HB27 from this list as I mistakenly included.
    18 HB0028 - Referred to JUDICIARY (Action Date: 01/30/2007) http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/....HTM&theType=H
    19 HB0029 - Referred to JUDICIARY (Action Date: 01/30/2007) http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/....HTM&theType=H
    20 HB0030 - Referred to JUDICIARY (Action Date: 01/30/2007) http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/....HTM&theType=H
    Last edited by coat4gun; January 31st, 2007 at 11:04 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Anti legislation introduced in Harrisburg

8 HB0018 - Referred to JUDICIARY (Action Date: 01/30/2007) (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/....HTM&theType=H)

This one looks like a pro-gum strong pre-emption bill!

Also I found some of these bills aren't related to firearms at all ??
    Last edited by whoshisface; January 31st, 2007 at 09:40 AM.

(Lancaster County)

We already have a strong Pre-emption Law. HB-18 breaks that existing law by allowing municipalities to adopt their own firearm regs. This would not be good and would result in much infringement at the local level. You could not travel from place to place without fear of breaking some local gun law.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    This one looks like a pro-gum strong pre-emption bill!
    Aided by lobbyists from Trident and Bazooka Joe, no doubt.

Title: HOUSE BILL 18 P.N. 43
    Searched in: 2007-2008 Bill Text Regular Session
    Summary: AN ACT Amending Titles 18 (Crimes and Offenses) and 53 (Municipalities Generally) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, further providing for limitation on the regulation of firearms and ammunition and for limitation on municipal powers.
    Original Document (Hits not Highlighted) Highlighted Document (Hits Highlighted) Bill Information
    Title: HOUSE BILL 20 P.N. 45
    Summary: AN ACT Amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for the offense of access to firearms by minors; and imposing penalties.
    Original Document (Hits not Highlighted) Highlighted Document (Hits Highlighted) Bill Information
    Title: HOUSE BILL 30 P.N. 55
    Summary: AN ACT Amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for prohibition and registration of certain assault weapons; and imposing penalties.
    Title: HOUSE BILL 29 P.N. 54
    Summary: AN ACT Amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for registry for lost or stolen firearms and for failure to report lost or stolen firearm.
    Title: HOUSE BILL 28 P.N. 53
    Summary: AN ACT Amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, further providing for persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms and for carrying firearms on public streets or public property in Philadelphia.
    Title: HOUSE BILL 41 P.N. 66
    Summary: AN ACT Establishing the Bureau of Illegal Firearms Trafficking within the Office of Attorney General; providing for its powers and duties; and requiring an annual report to the General Assembly.
    Title: HOUSE BILL 22 P.N. 47
    Summary: AN ACT Amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for a limit on handgun purchases and sales; establishing the Violence Prevention Fund; and further providing for municipal regulation of firearms and ammunition.
    Title: HOUSE BILL 24 P.N. 49
    Summary: AN ACT Amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for firearm tracing.
    Title: HOUSE RESOLUTION 35 P.N. 34
    Summary: A RESOLUTION Directing the Judiciary Committee to study new technologies to identify firearms used in a crime and report its findings and recommendations to the House of Representatives.
    Title: HOUSE BILL 25 P.N. 50
    Summary: AN ACT Amending Titles 18 (Crimes and Offenses) and 53 (Municipalities Generally) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, further providing for limitation on the regulation of firearms and ammunition and for limitation on municipal powers.

Title: HOUSE BILL 23 P.N. 48
    Title: HOUSE BILL 19 P.N. 44
    Summary: AN ACT Amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for serious drug trafficking and violent repeat offenders not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms.
    Title: HOUSE BILL 104 P.N. 127
    Summary: AN ACT Providing for police force augmentation grants; establishing the Police on Patrol Grant Program and the Police on Patrol Fund; and conferring powers and duties on the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency.
    Title: HOUSE BILL 21 P.N. 46
    Summary: AN ACT Amending Title 42 (Judiciary and Judicial Procedure) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, further providing for bail to be governed by general rules.
    Title: HOUSE RESOLUTION 12 P.N. 21
    Summary: A RESOLUTION Directing the Pennsylvania Commission on Sentencing to conduct a study on the use and impact of mandatory minimum sentences.
    Title: HOUSE BILL 73 P.N. 97
    Summary: AN ACT Amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, further providing for cruelty to animals.
    Title: HOUSE BILL 50 P.N. 75
    Summary: AN ACT Amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for home invasion.
    Title: HOUSE BILL 31 P.N. 56
    Summary: AN ACT Amending the act of August 6, 1941 (P.L.861, No.323), entitled, as amended, An act to create a uniform and exclusive system for the administration of parole in this Commonwealth; providing state probation services; establishing the 'Pennsylvania Board of; Probation and Parole'; conferring and defining its jurisdiction, duties, powers and functions; including the supervision of persons placed
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    Aided by lobbyists from Trident and Bazooka Joe, no doubt.
    And it only needs the support of "four out of five" to be passed into law!

I'm sorry... I had to.

Marc

(Berks County)

As I read it, HB18 is an attempt to amend the UFA's preemption clause so that it allows municipalities to adopt more strict ordinances on the sale, possession, etc. of firearms and ammunition.

Amending the UFA's preemption to incorporate this "end-around" effectively kills the intent of preemption in the first place, and will return PA to the pre-UFA days where no one is quite sure where they can and cannot carry or own a weapon.

IMHO this is definitely anti-gun legislation and should not be supported. I didn't read the rest of the bills through, so I'm not going to comment on those.
    Last edited by ChamberedRound; January 31st, 2007 at 10:40 AM.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lebanon County)

Call me dense, but reading what little info I have, 21, 26, and 27 don't seem to be Anti-Gun, I will however wait before calling my rep (Ginrich). Also, Lawyers out there, can we make a case for ethics violation here? I mean they swore to uphold and defend the state constitution but are deliberatly (ans with malice) undermining Article I, Section 21.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Call me dense, but reading what little info I have, 21, 26, and 27 don't seem to be Anti-Gun, I will however wait before calling my rep (Ginrich). Also, Lawyers out there, can we make a case for ethics violation here? I mean they swore to uphold and defend the state constitution but are deliberatly (ans with malice) undermining Article I, Section 21.
    I would consider HB21 anti as it could affect you if for some reason you were arrested in conjunction with a self-defense shooting.

HB26 and HB27 were posted by mistake. Guess I was just so overwhelmed by the arrogance of these traitors I got a little sloppy with my list.

I think they hang traitors to the State don't they?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by coat4gun View Post
    I would consider HB21 anti as it could affect you if for some reason you were arrested in conjunction with a self-defense shooting.

HB26 and HB27 were posted by mistake. Guess I was just so overwhelmed by the arrogance of these traitors I got a little sloppy with my list.

I think they hang traitors to the State don't they?
    I would love to see them treated as the trators they are, but I don't see it happening, although I think we CAN get enough outraged individuals to push for Sactions under a ETHICS issue, even the Antis can't call us raging moonbats for calling for punishment for violating their oath of office, although if we called them trators, we'd be on the defensive so fast it'll make our head spin.

as for 21, While I could see it being used in the manner you said, I don't really see it as an Anti-Gun bill:
    " HB 21 By Representatives JAMES, D. EVANS, GERBER, BUXTON, MYERS, PARKER, STURLA, WILLIAMS, BISHOP, COHEN, CRUZ, CURRY, FRANKEL, GALLOWAY, JOSEPHS, KIRKLAND, LEACH, M. O'BRIEN, PASHINSKI and ROEBUCK.

Printer's No. 46.

An Act amending Title 42 (Judiciary and Judicial Procedure) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, further providing for bail to be governed by general rules.

Referred to JUDICIARY, Jan. 30, 2007"

Of course I could be wrong.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast