Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Re: Central PA Group Shoot. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post

I can bring the accelerator , basically a giant target pistol chambered in 5.7.
    Up to you. I have all of this 5.7 because I had a FiveseveN pistol that I sold with no regret. About the only thing I want to shoot in 5.7 is a P90. Nine hundred rounds per minute of smiles, or so I've heard it said.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Up to you. I have all of this 5.7 because I had a FiveseveN pistol that I sold with no regret. About the only thing I want to shoot in 5.7 is a P90. Nine hundred rounds per minute of smiles, or so I've heard it said.
    Sure, you guys can shoot the piss out of it.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Thank you, got it, I'll look for the sign.
    Glad you can make it. I'll be sure to leave my dog at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillylou View Post
    Once again my medic brain is getting to me. It's always good idea for folks to know where the closet hospital and trauma center is near the shoot. As far as I know, the closest is Geisinger Jersey Shore Hospital. I don't think there's ever been an incident at one of these shoots, but it's a good reminder especially if you have any type of medical issues.

Sorry to be a downer, it's just been a LOOOONG week at work and it had me thinking...
    Jersey Shore is the closest, but to be honest Williamsport isn't a lot farther and is a way better facility. Unless someone was in absolute dire straights I would recommend that one.

I keep a med kit in my vehicle at all these and I've taken to keeping a rats tourniquet in my center console or in a cargo pocket when I'm at the range. Not a downer, just being prepared.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Glad you can make it. I'll be sure to leave my dog at home.

Jersey Shore is the closest, but to be honest Williamsport isn't a lot farther and is a way better facility. Unless someone was in absolute dire straights I would recommend that one.

I keep a med kit in my vehicle at all these and I've taken to keeping a rats tourniquet in my center console or in a cargo pocket when I'm at the range. Not a downer, just being prepared.
    Thanks for the heads up!

I also have a few tourniquets, Israeli bandages, Quiklot and some chest seals in my med kit just in case.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillylou View Post
    Thanks for the heads up!

I also have a few tourniquets, Israeli bandages, Quiklot and some chest seals in my med kit just in case.
    And don't forget your "Garand Thumb" bandages just in case somebody with a Garand let the bolt inadvertently slip while they're showing somebody how to release the bolt without letting it slip. Don't ask me how I know, but it wasn't my thumb involved...

In all serious Louie, I'm grateful you brought up the topic and are thinking like a Secret Service Agent of The Donald's advance security team.

And kudos to you too RL for staying packed and ready.

Ummm, RL, have you appointed a "Sous-chef" yet or are you just gonna wait until somebody from the Iron Maiden "cook-off" shows up with their paraphernalia?

I'm truly concerned about you having sufficient time on the line.... We have so much stuff you're gonna want to take for a walk.

If you need time off, maybe I could roast marshmallows for somebody.
    Last edited by bamboomaster; July 11th, 2018 at 07:19 PM.
    - bamboomaster

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Absolutely join in the fun - we need more folks to make a dent in the food. Can't wait to meet your dad. And you too!
    It's on!

As to what we're bringing guns-wise... Nothing much exciting since we're on a bike tour. We'll have our carry pistols (VP9 and 9mm Shield) and I threw about 600 rounds of 9mm in the saddlebags.

Anything else we can bring? Think "pick up locally and fits in saddlebags"... Some sodas? chips? Etc.?

Sorry Streaker69... No room for the furry suits.
    DGAF

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    And don't forget your "Garand Thumb" bandages just in case somebody with a Garand let the bolt inadvertently slip while they're showing somebody how to release the bolt without letting it slip. Don't ask me how I know, but it wasn't my thumb involved...

In all serious Louie, I'm grateful you brought up the topic and are thinking like a Secret Service Agent of The Donald's advance security team.

And kudos to you too RL for staying packed and ready.

Ummm, RL, have you appointed a "Sous-chef" yet or are you just gonna wait until somebody from the Iron Maiden "cook-off" shows up with their paraphernalia?

I'm truly concerned about you having sufficient time on the line.... We have so much stuff you're gonna want to take for a walk.

If you need time off, maybe I could roast marshmallows for somebody.
    Forget the garand thumb. Your neighbor on that end of the line is bringing out a Hakim! Hakim thumb makes garand thumb look like a mosquito bite.

I usually get some help after breakfast. I enjoy the social aspect just as much as putting rounds down range. I'm definitely making some time to get down your way though. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    It's on!

As to what we're bringing guns-wise... Nothing much exciting since we're on a bike tour. We'll have our carry pistols (VP9 and 9mm Shield) and I threw about 600 rounds of 9mm in the saddlebags.

Anything else we can bring? Think "pick up locally and fits in saddlebags"... Some sodas? chips? Etc.?

Sorry Streaker69... No room for the furry suits.
    Just wear the suits on the bike. Problem solved.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    Ok. Got it.
    Someone with office experience should post an editable spread sheet with who is bringing what.

I'll bring 2 lbs of bacon and a couple cases of water.

Not sure what I can add or bring in addition to that.
    I'll bring contractor garbage bags.

I can bring EM. Does that count?

EM. Want to stop for breakfast on the way?
    On me but well have to add 30 to 40 min to the trip schedule.
    Fine with me. A bacon appetizer before the main event?

Just please god don't make me meet you any earlier than you already posted! LOL!
    I am not a morning person and it would probably be easier to stay up all night than meet up at 5:30am!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Fine with me. A bacon appetizer before the main event?

Just please god don't make me meet you any earlier than you already posted! LOL!
    I am not a morning person and it would probably be easier to stay up all night than meet up at 5:30am!

So, 5:45 it is at the same place we met last year? 15 minutes to load your stuff. That would get us there at about 9 from the parking lot.
    Figure a half hour for a quick egg /bacon/ caffeine system charger puts us at 9:30 arrival barring someone crashing into a tree and having to use my fire extinguisher.

Or we could do a bacon egg and cheese bagel from the local McDonDons and drive like the wind!!! Bacon on the fly if you will.
    Gives us 1/2 hour for steel set up time, canopy setup time, caff ingestion time, table / chair set up.
    Are you sure 4 AM is too early? Ha.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    So, 5:45 it is at the same place we met last year? 15 minutes to load your stuff. That would get us there at about 9 from the parking lot.
    Figure a half hour for a quick egg /bacon/ caffeine system charger puts us at 9:30 arrival barring someone crashing into a tree and having to use my fire extinguisher.

Or we could do a bacon egg and cheese bagel from the local McDonDons and drive like the wind!!! Bacon on the fly if you will.
    Gives us 1/2 hour for steel set up time, canopy setup time, caff ingestion time, table / chair set up.
    Are you sure 4 AM is too early? Ha.
    Sounds good to me.
    Breakfast any way you want to go about it - your call.

I picked up some road trip candy tonight so I can be hopped up on a sugar high by the time we arrive.

I TRIED to buy a couple boxes of 7.62x39. As I walked to the ammo case there were not one, but TWO blue smocks at the register talking about something. (seemed like one was showing the other how to do something)
    As I step directly behind them and stop to look in the ammo case, both of them simply walk off.
    Sonsofbitches!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast