Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: non resident AZ or FL ccw?

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    A Florida or Arizona (or any state other than NJ for that matter) will NOT help you if you are transporting any kind of "gun" in NJ, unless your transport/carry falls under one of the 4 exceptions. This is the part you need to understand.
    Being dicussed here:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...gun-nj-pa.html

The OP has been made aware.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    When you got your NJ FID did you have to go to "that company"? I don't remember the name of it, but I"m pretty sure the NJ LEA don't do printing for those who request it.

Some UPS stores do printing....
    I'm not sure what AZ's requirements are, but FL must be done by a law enforcement agency, or to that effect.
    Mainly because they have to sign the card stating it was indeed me who they printed.
    FUCK BIDEN

lol yea when i got my NJ FID, i had to pay 60 bucks for fingerprints..hope thats not the same for my ccw permit lol.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I'm not sure what AZ's requirements are, but FL must be done by a law enforcement agency, or to that effect.
    Mainly because they have to sign the card stating it was indeed me who they printed.
    AZ prints can be done by anybody.

What i was referencing above is that NJ residents need fingerprints done for purchase permits and FIDs...and NJ LEA no longer do those prints. The applicant must go to (found the name) a compnay called Sagem Morpho to be printed.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Being dicussed here:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...gun-nj-pa.html

The OP has been made aware.

You may notice 2 things about that thread...

1) I know of it and have already posted in it, and,

2) He hasn't posted back in that thread since there has been an avalanche of evidence suggesting what he wants to do may not be such a good idea.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    AZ prints can be done by anybody.

What i was referencing above is that NJ residents need fingerprints done for purchase permits and FIDs...and NJ LEA no longer do those prints. The applicant must go to (found the name) a compnay called Sagem Morpho to be printed.
    I can confirm mrjam2jab's info re: prints for AZ.

For AZ, you can use a private service to have the prints done, which is what I did (But I am still waiting on my AZ permit to come through; AZ DPS just received my application packet on the morning of March 23).

This, for me, was a huge "plus" in favor of AZ over FL, since my experience has been that most police (local to me anyhow) typically will refuse to fingerprint you for a non-resident license/permit/whatever the state calls their piece of plastic.

Regards,

Bones

i just called my local pd and they do prints.
    and as far as transporting from NJ to PA, i cannot transport unless handgun is locked up i nthe trunk, ammo in seperate box, and mag unloaded locked up in another box all out of reach from passenger or driver.

correct? sorry but theres just so many to get down and this is my 2nd day looking into ccw, transport, oc,cc and all that lol. but rest assure i will not transport or do something if i am not familiar with the law.

thanks guys

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by danielbui View Post
    and as far as transporting from NJ to PA, i cannot transport unless handgun is locked up i nthe trunk, ammo in seperate box, and mag unloaded locked up in another box all out of reach from passenger or driver.
    correct? sorry but theres just so many to get down and this is my 2nd day looking into ccw, transport, oc,cc and all that lol. but rest assure i will not transport or do something if i am not familiar with the law.

thanks guys
    You cannot possess, much less transport, a handgun anywhere in NJ unless you meet an NJS 2C:39-6 exemption or have an NJCCW. Transport for self-protective purpose out-of-state IS NOT AN EXCEPTION.

Who told you that you can transport NJ/PA?
    Last edited by tl_3237; March 30th, 2011 at 02:35 PM.
    IANAL

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by danielbui View Post
    Did you tell them precisely what the prints are for?

Most will say "Yes, we do prints," (my local PD and local PSP barracks both claim to do prints on their website as well as on the phone) but then when you ask specifically about the purpose for which you are pursuing the prints, they will say no.

Or, if you show up in person, and hand them the print card that says "AZ DPS" or "FL Dept. of Agriculture..." they might just change their mind...

Regards,

Bones

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Since PA and AZ have reciprocity with PA, your AZ permit is fine to carry concealed or in a vehicle in PA.

In Philly you need a PA LTCF or a reciprocal one to carry open or concealed. Elsewhere in the state no license/permit is required to OC (while on foot).

However, Philly just passed a BS law saying that they will not recognize another state's license/permit to carry CC or OC in their fair city

Looks like it will take a court fight to resolve that

BTW, AZ does not require a photo on the license, while FL does. Both require fingerprints.

You might want to check the states FL and AZ have reciprocity with, both cover about the same, but I believe there is one difference.
    The state law pre-empts local law:

Note: It has come to the attention of the Office of Attorney General that there has been confusion over the applicability of Pennsylvania's reciprocal privileges with regard to the residency status of an individual who has been issued a valid license/permit. It is the position of the Office of Attorney General that recognition within Pennsylvania is based on the issuance to an individual of a valid license/permit by the reciprocal contracting state, and not on the license/permit holder's place of residence.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

HOWEVER that doesn't mean the city might not try to enforce it's illegal law which says:

(2)(a), the following persons shall not be prohibited from carrying a firearm upon the public streets or public property:

(a) a person licensed to carry a firearm or to hunt by a state with firearms laws similar to the firearms laws of Pennsylvania, and which provides a reciprocal privilege for individuals licensed by Pennsylvania.

For purposes of this subsection (a), only the following states are deemed to have firearms laws similar to those of Pennsylvania: Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Louisiana, Montana, North Dakota and Utah.

http://legislation.phila.gov/attachments/11105.pdf

Bottom line as far is being in PA, carry on an Arizona or Florida license/permit (among many others) is completely legal. No matter what license you use in PA you have to follow PA's laws. The only difference that I'm aware of is the school zone thing mentioned here already.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast