Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default non resident AZ or FL ccw?

Whats the difference between the non res AZ and FL ccw? I want to carry it in PA but i am a resident in NJ. I am in the army, so i have dd214 and a military id card so would that cover the course for FL and AZ? or just FL?

basically i want to know which ccw is for me. cheaper and less hassle.

and do I need to apply for a ccw in PA or could I just show them the AZ or FL ccw if asked?

also i dont know if this is relevant in this section, but how does OC work in PA. do I need any LTCF in PA?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: non resident AZ or FL ccw?

Between AZ and FL, AZ is cheaper.

AZ: http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/

FL: http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html

As for a PA LTCF you won't get it unless you have one from NJ, you need a license from your home state (if your state issues a permit/license) in order to get a non-resident PA LTCF.

Last edited by soberbyker; March 30th, 2011 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Between AZ and FL, AZ is cheaper.

AZ: http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/

FL: http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html

As for a PA LTCF you won't get it unless you have one from NJ, you need a license from your home state (if your state issues a permit/license) in order to get a non-resident PA LTCF.

ok so my best option would to go with AZ because its cheaper than FL and its the same as FL right? both honored by PA. if i have my AZ, would that be all i need to ccw in pa? like if im asked by the LEO for proof of my ccw.

and i guess i wont be getting the pa LTCF lol

Since PA and AZ have reciprocity with PA, your AZ permit is fine to carry concealed or in a vehicle in PA.

In Philly you need a PA LTCF or a reciprocal one to carry open or concealed. Elsewhere in the state no license/permit is required to OC (while on foot).

However, Philly just passed a BS law saying that they will not recognize another state's license/permit to carry CC or OC in their fair city

Looks like it will take a court fight to resolve that

BTW, AZ does not require a photo on the license, while FL does. Both require fingerprints.

You might want to check the states FL and AZ have reciprocity with, both cover about the same, but I believe there is one difference.

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Since PA and AZ have reciprocity with PA, your AZ permit is fine to carry concealed or in a vehicle in PA.

In Philly you need a PA LTCF or a reciprocal one to carry open or concealed. Elsewhere in the state no license/permit is required to OC (while on foot).

However, Philly just passed a BS law saying that they will not recognize another state's license/permit to carry CC or OC in their fair city

so no OC or CC for me in philly even with an AZ or FL ccw. it is impossible for me to get a NJ ccw so no PA LTCF.

so your saying i can OC anywhere in PA except in philly without any license or permit whatsoever? that easy? wow damn NJ.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by danielbui View Post
    so no OC or CC for me in philly even with an AZ or FL ccw. it is impossible for me to get a NJ ccw so no PA LTCF.

so your saying i can OC anywhere in PA except in philly without any license or permit whatsoever? that easy? wow damn NJ.
    Yes provided that place is not Federally or Commonwealth prohibited.

Also remember that, although in general you can OC without a license, you cannot transport the handgun in a vehicle nor can you OC in Phila.

I'm not going into the issue of what handgun you are going to carry since you are coming from NJ. You're already exposed to that issue in another thread you've started.
    IANAL

It is completely lawful with a AZ or FL non res permit. The Philly law is unenforceable, and they know it. Doesn't mean you won't get hassled.

It's not quite that simple. OC is lawful while on foot without a LTCF. You still need a license to transport the firearm if the goal is to OC or CC.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Bucks County)

AZ is cheaper...and turn around time is much quicker...about 2 weeks.

You would need fingerprints for both...FL MUST be done by LEO, AZ can be done by anybody. For renewals you would have to be printed for FL again, but not for AZ renewal.

Renewal for FL would cost $107....AZ would cost $43.

Angry Re: non resident AZ or FL ccw?

ok so my best option would to go with AZ because its cheaper than FL and its the same as FL right? both honored by PA. if i have my AZ, would that be all i need to ccw in pa? like if im asked by the LEO for proof of my ccw.

and i guess i wont be getting the pa LTCF lol
    Fl Non res no good in Pa and you need a pa dl to open carry if your ccw doesnt offer reciprocity,ex: my sc ccw does not allow me to OC in pa and pa wont issue a nr ltcf because sc dont acknowledge Pa at all

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1badgoat View Post
    Fl Non res no good in Pa and you need a pa dl to open carry if your ccw doesnt offer reciprocity,ex: my sc ccw does not allow me to OC in pa and pa wont issue a nr ltcf because sc dont acknowledge Pa at all
    You don't need anything to open carry in the State except Philadelphia because it's a city of the first class

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast