Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Colt

Just picked up a new Colt, have not fired it yet. I'll report back soon. A friend has a Rock River and he loves it...Mike45

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2
    I just lunch with some Colt guys and they have nothing but bad things to say about Busheys. Not surprising I guess but they claimed that Bush has purchased some products from Colt vendors that were rejected by Colt.

According to them if you buy a Bush, RRA, etc. and you are only going to shoot it a few weekends a year then they are fine. However none would hold up in Military conditions.

Again, take this for what its worth.

BTW, I have a Colt and love it. However not at all the lowest cost option.

They're probably still pissed at losing the M4 lawsuit they filed against Bushmaster.

(Bucks County)

I dont think so. If they were pissed about anything I would guess it was because of all of the business they are and have lost to the other guys. Again, my post was just what they told me so take it for what its worth. Good guys but baised.

(Bucks County)

If you had the choice between a stock Rock River Entry Tactical at $925 or the S&W M&P15 at $985, which would you recommend?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cole
    If you had the choice between a stock Rock River Entry Tactical at $925 or the S&W M&P15 at $985, which would you recommend?
    I've heard many good things about the RRA guns from many people over time. I haven't heard much about the S&W guns. That isn't to say they are bad, just that they are new and I don't think many people have gotten their hands on 'em yet.

In the end there probably isn't that much of a difference.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Chester County)

Rra !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cole, I totally missed your reply to me asking to post more about the article. I'm sorry, and I"ll definately throw up some of the numbers for that in the next couple of days. Hope that it'll help you out

(Allegheny County)

Default Personal Experience Only -

I have two Bushmasters. Both have over 7,500 rounds through them. Both the Devastator and the heavy barreled rifle have NEVER failed to feed, eject, and function. The shortie holds 1.5 inch at 100 and that is more than enough accuracy for the intended purpose of the weapon. The heavy barreled gun shoots sub-moa with decent commercial ammo - and better with handloads.

The best sugestion that I can give is to always use GOOD magazines, keep it clean ( Clean after 500 roiunds or ALL ARs will get sluggish and will, sooner or later, fail to function.), and forget the foolishness that the .223 bullet is a "sniper's weapon".

The M16/AR15 platform is a combat platform intended for shredding the jungle and those hiding in it! The "accuracy issue" should be restricted to off-hand and casual rest positions. If you can put three rounds into a 12"x12" target, on demand, at 100 yards, under field conditions, and your weapon NEVER ceases to function, you are a rare, and effective rifleman - and the weapon is doing what it was designed to do.

For "sniping" purposes in real war there are two schools of thought; bolt action rifles for 2 man teams; semi-autos for "squad support sniping". Both have strong points and supporters, but a 30 year veteran of the SEAL teams, and a close friend, instructs me thus: "The AK-47 is the best fighting weapon currently available to most civilians. I use one and I can have anything I want on an op. I carried a Stoner in Viet Nam and they were great when they kept working. In battle now I use the AK-47 and if we need to take action against an enemy that is over 200 yards away I call in artillery or air support. Out to 200 yards the AK will get the job done."

I would bet my life on my Bushmaster rifles, but now I am practicing hard with an AK-47 and hoping that I never need to call in artillery or air support - and the G3 is also a nice all-around weapon but too heavy. My SEAL friend points out that he would rather carry more LIGHTER ammo than more rifle. He carried, in addition to all his other gear, three LLAWS rockets and 600 rounds for his Stoner - that is from a real warrior with three tours of duty in Viet Nam alone.

Good luck -

John from Seneca Arms really likes the S&W15...he was able to get one before they were released because his only game is high power matches, so S&W shipped him one...John said he thinks they will sell like hotcakes.

I was looking into an RRA...how is the leadtime for RRA? I know for a while they were backed up...are they caught up now?

(York County)

i too am looking at getting an AR. i shoot long guns left handed so i thought about getting a STAG lefty. i used to shoot my M16 ok so i don't really think i have to get a lefty since there aren't many choices.

I have been looking at the RRA M4 styles to use for home defense and range fun. i also want a long AR for long range accuracy. i guess i just need to get both when i get the cash. i have a list of weapons i want, i just need to win the lottery so i can get them all.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast