Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Our Worst Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by vinlander View Post
    I personally agree with you that Republicans need to stop worrying about abortion or gay rights. As I said a couple of times in this thread, I don't want to define if what she believe is good or bad, I just want to use it in the right context to help defeat her politically.

This is what politicians do, we need to do the same. Especially since we don't have the mass media on our side.

As for this helping her win votes, I know a fair amount of Democrats who also happen to be devout Catholics, and this might just be a deal breaker for them.

But by all means, don't use this to try and convince someone who agrees with her stances on the subject.
    And a lot of black folks are absolutely against "gay rights."

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    And a lot of black folks are absolutely against "gay rights."
    And a lot of black folks are also very religious.

Same with the people from Mexico.

Why would they vote for the most anti-Constutional administration in our nation's history?

The liberal democrats have been working to dismantle the Bill of Rights for decades.

They have attacked both the First Amendment Right -- Freedom of Religion and the Second Amendment which protects the First for years.

They attempted to take GOD out of our schools, off our currency and historical buildings and Court Rooms in OUR country.

This nation was Founded on these very principals which is exactly why "IN GOD WE TRUST" is on our cuurency. They wanted to remind US every day so we would never become complacent and forget.

Amazing how the legendary Bowhunter Fred Bear from PA warned about a culture war in America in the 1950's and some people still can't see it now?
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Watch this....

Liberals with Guns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeTCkoXslsE

(Notice the add before the video - how they slant the truth about 90% of Amerca is for Universal background checks - WHO paid for that???)
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Philiberty View Post
    I actually think this will help her. Republicans have to start realizing that abortion and gay rights are losing battles for them both state and nation wide. Public opinion is in favor of these issues and it continues to trend upwards, even in PA. It's time to focus on things that really matter like jobs, gun rights, and civil liberties because I believe the conservative stance has much sounder logic and data behind it on these issues. If this election is turned into a battle of social stances, I promise Schwartz will be the next governor because the liberals will turn it into a "war on women and gays" election and get the vote out that way. Many Philly area voters do not vote in mid term elections, let's keep it that way.
    So glad to have someone around to tell us what issues "really matter". Sorry, but despite the lack of "sounder logic" I will continue to oppose the killing of innocent babies.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I wonder how much of Connecticut is really New Yorkers, working in NY and thinking like the urban hive?

I know what New Yorkers are doing to the Poconos, and it isn't pretty. They move out of the NY hellhole and flee to other states, where they immediately start trying to re-create the nanny abomination from which they fled.
    YOU got this right!!! i have lived in the Poconos all my life, and it has gotten worse each year, i do my best to push the pro gun and have converted many but some are just dumb as dirt and wont listen to reason.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by vinlander View Post
    I wonder how many Pennsylvanians (who for the most part are Christian people) would vote for someone who:

* Operated an abortion clinic for 13 years (CEO 1975-1988 for Elizabeth Blackwell Center, bankrupted in 2002, plenty of lawsuits for malpractice)
    * Has a 100% pro-abortion voting record
    * Supports abortions paid for by obamacare
    * Has been promoted and funded by politically radical abortion organizations
    * Will be funded by Bloomberg, the crazy NYC mayor who thinks soda and baby formula (among other things) should be outlawed

I suggest you bring this up to any pro-life, pro-freedom people you know who might consider voting for her without knowing the whole picture. No need to even mention her stance on guns.
    She's got my vote. I fully support people who protect my personal and private rights. Religion has no place in our laws, otherwise we are no better than the Taliban.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by GJZSR View Post
    And a lot of black folks are also very religious.

Same with the people from Mexico.

Why would they vote for the most anti-Constutional administration in our nation's history?

The liberal democrats have been working to dismantle the Bill of Rights for decades.

They have attacked both the First Amendment Right -- Freedom of Religion and the Second Amendment which protects the First for years.

They attempted to take GOD out of our schools, off our currency and historical buildings and Court Rooms in OUR country.

This nation was Founded on these very principals which is exactly why "IN GOD WE TRUST" is on our cuurency. They wanted to remind US every day so we would never become complacent and forget.

Amazing how the legendary Bowhunter Fred Bear from PA warned about a culture war in America in the 1950's and some people still can't see it now?
    You have the freedom of religion, you just don't get to impose it on others like our forefathers intended. We are not a theocracy. As Jefferson said, a wall of separation between church and state.

Quote Originally Posted by John222 View Post
    She's got my vote. I fully support people who protect my personal and private rights. Religion has no place in our laws, otherwise we are no better than the Taliban.
    Say goodbye to your guns.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Westmoreland County)

I also believe the republicans have to stop worrying about abortions and gay people and focus instead on personal freedoms. They really have something with this gun right protection thing if they don't blow it.

(Montgomery County)

That's the problem with both the right and the left. Each of them digs too deep into the rights of others but cries "oppression" at the other side.

"I'm a democrat, so I believe we need the right to choose...but we need gun control to save lives!"

"I'm a Republican, I believe we shouldn't restrict gun control as it's our right...but we need to ban abortion to save lives!"

Both are based on your *beliefs*. Both are hypocritical.

Don't tell me that you're for "freedom" and "less government restriction" while you're sitting there whining about how guns should be regulated, abortion should be banned, or gay marriage should be restricted.

That's not freedom or less government restriction--it's called "being a hypocrite".

No, I don't like abortion, but it's also not my right to tell someone else that they can't do it. Your religion tells you that it's bad? Fine--don't have an abortion.

No, I don't like the thought of two men going at it, but that doesn't mean that I have the right stop them from getting married. You don't like the idea of two people of the same sex being in a relationship? Fine--don't poke some guy in the butt or mouth.

No, I don't like gun regulations---well, that's it for that one.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast