Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: Police Crimes out number CCW Data

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    PA has some of the weakest standards. Other states require testing on knowledge of use of deadly force , gun safety and basic marksmanship training.
    Pennsylvania's standards are quite simple - if you're not otherwise prohibited IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to know the laws.

Article 1, Section 21 of the Pennsylvania State Constitution, which predates the U.S. Constitution, guarantees our right, not privilege, to keep (have) and bear (carry) arms (guns).

What other constitutionally-guaranteed rights would you allow us to exercise only after testing and qualifying for such?

I know, personal responsibility is a forgotten art by today's politicians and sociologists, but it still exists.

(Chester County)

Wow! I didn't know that! September 1776/ Thx.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsy...tution_of_1776

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    If you “despise anyone that betrays their badge”, why don’t you stop protecting the bad cops and start turning them in when they do bad stuff. The “one bad apple” has turned the whole barrel rotten.
    We try to keep up to the same standards that the medical community and legal profession do on reporting.

(Crawford County)

Retired Law Enforcement Officers and concealed carry weapons permitees should be working together to fight any infringement on the 2nd amendment. I don’t see the benefit in devisiveness by citing studies that claim one group commits more criminal acts per capita than another. There are far more requirements for a retired law enforcement officer to be qualified than there are for a citizen to obtain a concealed carry permit. A retired law enforcement officer must have a history of honorable service that surpasses ten years, must not have a record of discipline during service, must have qualified several times a year, carried a firearm as a requirement of his job description, annually must attend an authorized class that includes range performance.......and once issued a permit must obey all the restrictive laws regarding private property, school zones, federal and state restrictions.

We should all be working to simplify the gun laws and that includes joining together to get real reciprocity for all law abiding. Citizens no matter what their avocation. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Retired Law Enforcement Officers and concealed carry weapons permitees should be working together to fight any infringement on the 2nd amendment. I don’t see the benefit in devisiveness by citing studies that claim one group commits more criminal acts per capita than another. There are far more requirements for a retired law enforcement officer to be qualified than there are for a citizen to obtain a concealed carry permit. A retired law enforcement officer must have a history of honorable service that surpasses ten years, must not have a record of discipline during service, must have qualified several times a year, carried a firearm as a requirement of his job description, annually must attend an authorized class that includes range performance.......and once issued a permit must obey all the restrictive laws regarding private property, school zones, federal and state restrictions.

We should all be working to simplify the gun laws and that includes joining together to get real reciprocity for all law abiding. Citizens no matter what their avocation. IMHO
    Apple's and oranges. A retired policeman can get a state ltcf as long as they meet the standards, just like any civilian, not prohibited can.
    The catch is that no civilian can get a national ccw but retired leos can, even if the standards are higher than Pa state.
    Some animals are more equal.
    I'm not sure what ones job has to do with obtaining a firearms license, but I'll bet one of those special animals will be along to tell me how they "are the only ones professional enough" to have one.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Crawford County)

I agree. We should have national reciprocity for all. I thought I was pretty clear on that above.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pacodelahoya View Post
    Apple's and oranges. A retired policeman can get a state ltcf as long as they meet the standards, just like any civilian, not prohibited can.
    The catch is that no civilian can get a national ccw but retired leos can, even if the standards are higher than Pa state.
    Some animals are more equal.
    I'm not sure what ones job has to do with obtaining a firearms license, but I'll bet one of those special animals will be along to tell me how they "are the only ones professional enough" to have one.
    If it really mattered to people, then they would have got a law enforcement job and become one of those "special animals". Hell then they could have become an FBI agent and carried everywhere even planes, trains, and automobiles... Then you may have been able to fix federal investigations into politicians and still carried a gun everywhere. Don't be mad at the special animals... be mad at your guidance counselor..

(Chester County)

I called up my congressman and Senator Toomey and told them as a LEO I support HR 38 100%. What more can I do at this very moment?
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna 19547 View Post
    If it really mattered to people, then they would have got a law enforcement job and become one of those "special animals". Hell then they could have become an FBI agent and carried everywhere even planes, trains, and automobiles... Then you may have been able to fix federal investigations into politicians and still carried a gun everywhere. Don't be mad at the special animals... be mad at your guidance counselor..
    So everyone that wants to be a cop can be a cop? Why should one have to be a cop to be able to protect themselves? That goes against everything this country stands for. All men are created equal ya know?
    Your argument is invalid and quite frankly reeks of priveledged entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I agree. We should have national reciprocity for all. I thought I was pretty clear on that above.
    I was simply commenting on the fact that no matter how high the standards for leos to carry nationally, at least they are afforded standards to meet, whereas, we peons don't even get that consideration.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast