Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 69 of 93 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast

Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY*** UPDATED INFO IN OP***

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Stall is easy, and a buddy makes urinals simple. One person hold both rifles while the other uses the facilities, then switch.
    Proper use of a 2 point sling makes transitioning your rifle to ones back easy in order to take a leak without ever having to remove it.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Proper use of a 2 point sling makes transitioning your rifle to ones back easy in order to take a leak without ever having to remove it.
    Agree. Assumed person in question had no sling, or the question wouldn't have been posed.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

FOAC is setting themselves to disavow if something goes horribly wrong while trying to save face in case there is room for a photo op.

It's a shitty thing to do, yet not the least surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Yes members of FOAC will be attending...
    I am a FOAC member and I will be attending. I am attending on my own as a citizen of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States of America. I am not representing FOAC tomorrow.

I am well aware of the propaganda advantage that Peduto, Wolf, the media and the left are going to seek to capitalize on. I have been pretty clear here about what my own experience and observations inform me to expect tomorrow. I am preparing myself to not be offended or provoked, to not shout or argue, to not to rise to their bait and to conduct myself as a good citizen, responsible gun owner, and serious in the exercise of my First and Second Amendment rights. I am not going for a fight. I am going to make a political statement.

Initially I had serious doubts about the wisdom of a rally, especially one held before the City of Pittsburgh took any action steps to break the law. Hoping, that clearer heads would prevail. The Mayor and the Council have introduced the package and are lock-step moving forward in a plan to break the law in a month's time. Governor Wolf is in full support and encouraging the lawlessness. If that does not call for a peaceful citizen First Amendment response, then what does? If we don't show up, they will forge ahead -- confident there is little citizen opposition to their plans, content then to throw an army of City and State taxpayer paid lawyers to overwhelm FOAC. When other municipalities take their lead, more taxpayer paid lawyers will flank FOAC in courtrooms across the State. Perhaps, they already know that a partisan Supreme Court is going to back them. It could get worse.

Will they forge ahead after the rally? I expect they will. Perhaps a strong First Amendment showing might give some cause for reflection. There is a certainty that the media and anti-Constitution politicians and interests will tell falsehoods, report selectively and incompletely, distort and turn the rally into their own propaganda event. That may make it easier for them. If we allow the threat of that to be a barrier to the exercise of our First Amendment rights, then why rally at all, anywhere? I know that the media already launched with the KKK comparisons. It will get worse: "white supremacists", "racists", "Nazis", "fascists", "murderers", "child killers", "spousal abusers", and every "phobe" they can conjure up -- probably some new ones just for this occasion. They played their hand early. So, now you know to listen to and read their insults without being provoked by them.

Unfortunately, the burden is on us tomorrow to give them nothing. Giving them nothing is what we should do.

The Pittsburgh laws reach far beyond the City of Pittsburgh. They ensnare anyone who should ever venture to go there. They are working to cause other municipalities to join in breaking the law. Everyone has a stake in this. Bloomberg and his cadre of of anti-Constitution institutions, financiers, and politicians have taken NY, NJ, CT, MD, VT, RI & MA. Pennsylvania is next on the list. We are on the political frontier now as it relates to the defense of our rights guaranteed by the Commonwealth Constitution and the United States Constitution. We all need to get responsibly involved and that is what I plan on doing tomorrow.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    FOAC is setting themselves to disavow if something goes horribly wrong while trying to save face in case there is room for a photo op.

Considering past connections to this forum's leader, I'm shocked that this thread wasn't locked, and the rable rousers banned permanently.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Stall is easy, and a buddy makes urinals simple. One person hold both rifles while the other uses the facilities, then switch.
    I think he means more with the whole "no gun signs everywhere"

(Lancaster County)

Or they might just be taking advise from their legal counsel... just saying...

It is the smart thing to do. They are soon enough going to be in court fighting Pittsburgh's violation of the law. That is where they should be and they should not have to be distracted or browbeaten in court by some judge or City Attorney about their involvement in a demonstration they had nothing to do with. I want them to have that distance, a full country mile's length of it.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Or they might just be taking advise from their legal counsel... just saying...
    You'd think if that were happening, there wouldn't be the conflicting info on the legality of long gun carry with LTCF during SOE...just saying...

This means Stolfer is substituting his own earnest legal beliefs which directly contradict that of retained counsel, while defering to that same counsel for PR tips.

Is he losing his mental faculties? (serious question)
    Last edited by gnbrotz; January 6th, 2019 at 07:10 PM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lancaster County)

Always remember, no one ever won any rights by being provocative.

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 69 of 93 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast