Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Lancaster vs Vector Help VOTE 2008!!!

Ok guys, its time to upgrade!

As i cant find a 7.62 SAM-7 bulgarian because they are discontinued.

Lancaster Ak's and Vector ak's are two good quality options that have similar prices and features. So its down to personal reviews.

I would really like a milled reciever, however i would also settle for a 1.6mm heavy duty stamped as well.

Muzzle slant break is fine, I can always as a heavy compensator later.
    I want an all black bulgarian poly stock set.
    If i cant find a model with a built in ACE stock even better!(as i think i need a ak trunnion?)
    Chrome barrel.
    Nice trigger group.
    Yadda yadda.....

im also pretty sure of what i want in one. Doing some research iv narrowed it down to 2 choices.

I will use Atlantic arms sight as reference examples.
    Lancaster
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/prog...asp?Prodid=350

Vector
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/prog...asp?Prodid=321

Yes the milled is better stronger, lil more money. But it doesnt come with a threaded muzzle break or bayo lug, which kinda negates the "complete" rifle look.
    so the two would come out to be even, since the lancaster makes up for it.

What im looking for in this thread is personal examples of why you would think one is better. HELP!
    Drakin
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Lancaster vs Vector Help VOTE 2008!!!

You can get a milled built on a Bulgarian receiver by Vector if you so desire.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    You can get a milled built on a Bulgarian receiver by Vector if you so desire.
    yes, which would be the second example i believe from vector. "milled" is a type of receiver. Either its stamped from a piece of sheet metal or its milled out from a solid block of metal. and most good milled recievers are bulgarian from what iv been hearing.

so how could i get a milled receiver built on a bulgarian receiver? or i could be reading your post wrong

I'm partial to the Lancaster guns because I own one. Plus, Chet from Lancaster as well as Blaine from Atlantic are nice folks.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but, because of the people who do nothing about them."
    - Albert Einstein

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay5oh View Post
    I'm partial to the Lancaster guns because I own one. Plus, Chet from Lancaster as well as Blaine from Atlantic are nice folks.
    Hows the trigger pull with those lancasters?
    is the Tapco G2 fire control smooth?
    Last edited by DrakinClaw; October 14th, 2007 at 12:29 PM.

Yes, it's one of the better AK triggers available.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but, because of the people who do nothing about them."
    - Albert Einstein

Traffic cluster**** capitol, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by DrakinClaw View Post
    Vector
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/prog...asp?Prodid=321

Yes the milled is better stronger, lil more money. But it doesnt come with a threaded muzzle break or bayo lug, which kinda negates the "complete" rifle look.
    so the two would come out to be even, since the lancaster makes up for it.

What im looking for in this thread is personal examples of why you would think one is better. HELP!
    Drakin
    you are mistaken about the Milled Vector,.. i have that exact same rifle,.. only with wood instead of poly. IT HAS a threaded barel and can accept a bayonet as you can see in this picture

the only thing is that it uses the orginal type I AK baynet (they are cheap and easy to find) instead of the type II bayonet thet the AKM uses.

in my IMHO the milled Vector is a much better rifle than any stamped rifle,.in fact other then the builder the only diffrence between the Vector and the Arsenal Classic is the finish. i am having my rifle polished and reblued as well as adding Russian wood to make it into a Russian type III AK-47 clone

also the Milled Vectors ARE built on Bulgarian SLR-100H recivers

they are very good rifles, and i absolutlely love mine.

ETA: i have dealt with Blain @ Atlantic before,.. he is good people,. and you will not be disappointed by the service you get from his company.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzie27 View Post
    you are mistaken about the Milled Vector,.. i have that exact same rifle,.. only with wood instead of poly. IT HAS a threaded barel and can accept a bayonet as you can see in this picture

the only thing is that it uses the orginal type I AK baynet (they are cheap and easy to find) instead of the type II bayonet thet the AKM uses.

in my IMHO the milled Vector is a much better rifle than any stamped rifle,.in fact other then the builder the only diffrence between the Vector and the Arsenal Classic is the finish. i am having my rifle polished and reblued as well as adding Russian wood to make it into a Russian type III AK-47 clone

also the Milled Vectors ARE built on Bulgarian SLR-100H recivers

they are very good rifles, and i absolutlely love mine.

ETA: i have dealt with Blain @ Atlantic before,.. he is good people,. and you will not be disappointed by the service you get from his company.
    AHH thanx for the correction
    i really appreciate all the reviews.

yeah atlantic seems to have a nice selection and i hear alot of good things about their customer service and selection.

Anyone ever hear of a VEPR K? a guy at the range had one and i was very impressed. Its basicaly a russian RPK reciever but on a 16inch barrel not a 20in.
    Fires standard 7.62 and takes standard ak mags.
    iv also been looking around on them but they seem to be scarce,
    Last edited by DrakinClaw; October 14th, 2007 at 09:38 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

When I was doing some research, the thing I found was that Lancaster lately had some quality issues, but were good about fixing them. The plus was the chrome lined barrel and the lifetime warranty. The Vectors have a longer track record of being rock solid. They only have I think a 5 year warranty and also have good customer service, but there seems to have been less issues with QC.

So with the Lancaster it might take a couple tries and if you don't know all the ins and outs you may have something less than perfect, but they will make it right. The Vector is less tried and true, but doesn't have a couple of the extras the Lancasters do.

That was a month or so ago so I don't know if anything changed. And if you sign up at www.akforum.net you get 10% off of a purchase at Atlantic Arms.