Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Transporting w/o CCW

Ok, I'm still awaiting my permit, but I was wondering on the laws for transporting a handgun. For now when I have transported it to my buddies who was looking at it to see what sights I could get for it, I had it in its case in my laptop bag, with no magazine in it, in my trunk. I figured that would work, also carried my recipt with me showing I had just bought it the other day just in case I got stopped and harrassed for anything. (I've had my entire vehicle searched, at a sobriety check point before, and I wasnt even drinking I was coming home from work...). I dont want to give anyone a reason to take my weapon and bring charges on me so I'd like to do this right, but I've found no laws on the web about it.

I know to take my shotgun out, it has to be unloaded, in the trunk, and I keep the ammo up in the back seat. Is it similar with a handgun?

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Transporting w/o CCW

When transporting a firearm, without a LTCF, you must have the gun unloaded and in a separate container from the ammo.

There are a lot of restrictions on where and how you can transport it.

Check this thread for more info

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pennsylva...earms-car.html

I'd suggest bumping the thread above to keep info and questions consolidated.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skuggi View Post
    (I've had my entire vehicle searched, at a sobriety check point before, and I wasnt even drinking I was coming home from work...).
    Next time don't consent to the search. But be polite about it.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Montgomery County)

Never consent even when you know you are clean. If they know you let them sometimes then when you don't they suspect you even more.

Also fight everything. If I get caught on tape running a red light I still go to court. And I appeal to the county level.