Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Coventry Mall Close Call

Quote Originally Posted by wallydoodle View Post
    I came out didnt wash my hands just made eye contact w/1 mexican and then as I reached for the door the other 2 came back in, as i walked out they began to follow and I stepped up pace watchin in the mirror they backed off eventually.
    If the guy's a racist, then there's no excuse for his post. Lets not hang the guy though. The above quote is what struck me. (Bold is mine) It seems that them following him was the issue. As far as describing them as Mexicans, I don't know the area, but maybe it is widely known that there is a crime problem among the Mexican community there, so it was an assumption based on some knowledge.

(Lehigh County)

ok so when i lived in allentown i hung out with hispanics.... now they were primarily puerto rican.... one day i call a dominican puerto rican and all hell breaks loose.... now if he is a racist then thats his problem.... as for me i know im not... however if i call someone black instead of african american it automatically makes me a backwoods kkk worshiping racist bastard.... i thought nothing of what he said.... maybe that makes me racist also....

(Berks County)

A person walking alone down any crappy street at night in Reading dressed in nice clothes or looking out of place will be profiled as a "target" by thugs the same way thugs are profiled by the guy in nice clothes. The ones nobody expects like the nice guy that goes nuts one day and goes on a shooting rampage make the big headlines but are the minority. The gang crimes and violence are the majority. This becomes the face of crime in America. Watch gangland on the history channel to see what it looks like.

(Chester County)

Before I judged the OP, I would ask for some clarification.

I grew up in the general area mentioned, people who may say things that come across as racist might be the least rasist ones. Yes, we should all be more politically correct when we can. We are products of our environment though and make casual slips all the time.

Lets hope for the best from the OP's post..

If you go into a restroom with 3 people in it and as you leave, 2 return, I'd like to hear how any one of us would not go into an altered state of alertness! Granted the racial descrip is useless, but the situation and awareness shows sense.
    They left, returned and then followed him out??? My radar would have pegged!
    Regardless if they thought they dropped a house key or were actually involved in less than legal actions, that's what SA is about.
    -Remember the Constitution-

(Dauphin County)

Does your family really give you treats for going potty?
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Coventry mall close call? WTF? Were the "Mexicans" wearing sombreros with crisscrossed ammo belts over their ponchos? Would it have been a close call had three white kids been in there?

That post came across as the rantings of a paranoid racist. If that is wrong, learn to write better.
    "That post came across."

Not to me it didn't. And, he didn't say they were kids. Let's say they were 3 ADULTS so why you are you introducing the "kids" strawman? It's not the "Mexican" part of it that make it a "situation." It's 3 adult guys hanging around a bathroom for no apparent reason in a remote part of the mall. You could have asked for clarification but you rang the racist bell. That's pretty tiresome.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by nlcrsn View Post
    If you go into a restroom with 3 people in it and as you leave, 2 return, I'd like to hear how any one of us would not go into an altered state of alertness! Granted the racial descrip is useless, but the situation and awareness shows sense.
    They left, returned and then followed him out??? My radar would have pegged!
    Regardless if they thought they dropped a house key or were actually involved in less than legal actions, that's what SA is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by wallydoodle View Post
    One day my family and I went to the mall and on our way out I needed to use the restroom, so they bought treats and waited for me. I went to the restrooms in the center of the mall if anyones familiar w/ the area its pretty confined and nobody would here you if you needed help. So I went in and noticed 3 mexicans hanging out and it made me uneasy but I had to go by this time so I grabbed a stahl and then pondered what the hell they were doin. So I had no sidearm dumb move on my part so I zipped my leather coat up and put my leatherman in my hand. I came out didnt wash my hands just made eye contact w/1 mexican and then as I reached for the door the other 2 came back in, as i walked out they began to follow and I stepped up pace watchin in the mirror they backed off eventually. Now I hav martial arts training but Im not good enough to disarm someone. So now I carry my Beretta 96 Vertec everywhere and I bought a S.O.G. tactical tanto assisted folder, I will not become a victim. My wife seems to think I walked in on a drug deal so I use the food court facilitys.
    Bold added, the OP was spooked long before they were following him; there ought to be a damned good reason other than he "noticed 3 mexicans" for him to have been spooked enough to grab his "leatherman", aka knife, before that point.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfield_Glock View Post
    Yeh, those guys, all adults, all Mexican, and you definitely would worry if you met them in a bathroom. If they stood beside you at the urinal their hats would touch your head.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast